Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Great AudioBus Forum Collab Thread: Your tools are only as good as you are

2»

Comments

• edited January 2018

Tools are the bane of my life, I’ve known many. ;) Two, in particular, cost me a small fortune in a massive arts council grant deemed not applicable, ‘cause others involved could not be bothered to do the required work. But that was the 80’s. I learned from that experience; just because someone has talent to spare, doesn’t mean they’ll use it.

More on topic, I agree with the OP sentiment to some extent. RTM have been productive, and continue to be so. That said we all have too many apps. I have, therefore, just deleted about a dozen well known synths. Nothing wrong with any of them, but did we actually do anything with these tools, errr no. :* So they had to go. Others, still have potential. A handful are used extensively, and it is those apps which have enabled us to be productive.

• i don't have any of those apps listed
    be interesting to hear stuff before and after.

• @oat_phipps I can post the WAV files, but that'll take more time so I'll have to do it later. Since you don't have Beathawk, you can use any other Drum Machine since it's being driven by Rozeta.

I wanted to post the AUM file first since it was easier and also so folks could mess directly with the stems.

Anyone else having issues with the link I posted?

• im amazed we haven't done anything like this before. back in the 80's, i used to do it with a mate who lived in Birmingham... im in Manchester. back then we used cassettes :o :D

i dont have any of the apps you used unfortunately

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd37khvibd5pccp/Ch 1 - 120 bpm - 001.wav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/588djoc6eu4xxbl/Ch 3 - 120 bpm - 001.wav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmx5g65il1cxdnp/Ch 5 - 120 bpm - 001.wav?dl=0

Ok - here are the stem files recorded in AUM. Please be kind - this is definitely a throw away idea but I thought it would be best to post something simple to start. If this goes well I have much more interesting ideas.

• @dvlmusic said:

@PhilW said:
    You are right of course - I have spent many a day, years ago, when I told myself that if only I had xyz, then my music would be that much better. But now we have so many wonderful tools, you can’t hide any more. Go and use the tools you have and make some great music, and I’ll do my best to do the same.

Hey - you wanna watch my kids tonight so I have some space to work on tunes?

:wink:

Ahhh! ... finally the real reason you asked about members in your local area.

• @wim said:

@dvlmusic said:

@PhilW said:
    You are right of course - I have spent many a day, years ago, when I told myself that if only I had xyz, then my music would be that much better. But now we have so many wonderful tools, you can’t hide any more. Go and use the tools you have and make some great music, and I’ll do my best to do the same.

Hey - you wanna watch my kids tonight so I have some space to work on tunes?

:wink:

Ahhh! ... finally the real reason you asked about members in your local area.

Oh man - that's no secret. I love my kids, but they DEFINITELY cut into my jammin' time

:smiley:

• Wow... there's a whole lot of quiet over here. Is it something I said?