Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Questions

edited October 2013 in Support and Feedback

Ok, bought the app, seems nice.

Now i want to fill it with thousands of wav samples for every little drum machine known to mankind.
How do i create / ad them in folders?

Surely they cant expect me to add them all in the same directory? That would be mission impossible!

Comments

• no one here using iMPC?

• IMPC is such a waste of time, all I did it strip it of its samples and put samples in beat maker

• IMPC for iPhone got updated with IAA and ACP 2.0 yesterday. But, only into the app I believe. Anyway, with the new ACP 2.0 it should be a lot easier to get many samples into it from other apps. But a separate app on your computer, akin to what Nanostudio has, that let's you copy samples organized into folders would be great. I don't really use it that much, so maybe Akai or the retro dudes have a utility like that already ?

• To be honest if I had known Akai wouldn't add audiobus to the a Impc by now I wouldn't have brought it. I don't buy any music apps that don't have audiobus. I asked why haven't they added audiobus on the Akai forum and someone from Akai said because tabletop is free. Tabletop blows. I use Beatmaker 2 for drums mostly, sometime Dm1, sometime funkbox. Impc pretty much collects dust, actually I should have deleted it a long time ago.

• @chrisg wrote:

But a separate app on your computer, akin to what Nanostudio has, that let's you copy samples organized into folders would be great.

Agreed. Some people bash nanosync. I love it. Moving nested folders back and forth is a snap. Plus, it converts your samples for you to the format NS wants.

• @Strizbiz: it seems that iMPC will get audiobus"soon" (says a review on a german site,they asked the akai marketing guys)but i BET it will be in the output slot only,just like the IAA integration.So,it will stay useless (for me).

• @juniorpops, so funny. I'm in the process of pulling out some samples right now, but even Audiocopy is clunky. Did you export samples to computer and then back in to beat maker? I'm trying to get them into Molten to use with Genome, but I can't get the individual samples into my user library. Instead, it just keeps overwriting one sample called "general pasteboard."

• edited November 2013

@MoonWolf - Use a PC/Mac program called iFunBox, it gives you access to all internal files and you can batch copy them to your PC and/or drop them in AudioShare for use in other apps.

• Thx, @jmsexton! I'll give that a try. So with that I wouldn't even need to copy? Just find them with FunBox and drop them into AudioShare?

• Basically but I recommend copying to your computer first because they way the file system is setup it has to go into a certain folder but also note on iMPC the files are in two folder under the same order but there is one extra folder and I can't remember exactly what its called but I believe it has about 100 samples itself in it then the other folder has like 800 or so in it

• @jmsexton, iFunBox isn't saving my files to mac, acts like it is, but nothing there. Do I have to jailbreak to make it work?

• @MoonWolf - no it doesn't require jailbreak...I'm not in front of a computer right now to tell you the exact process but you should be able to select all samples, then drag & drop them into a folder on your computer. It only acts the way you described when trying to delete stuff out of internal folders

• Think ifb is broken at the moment??
    Last time I tried,it kept crashing.
    Hope they fix it soon..

• Gotcha, thx. Weird. I'll try it again on reboot and see what happens. I used the "copy to computer" arrow and then the window disappeared without copying.

• I've used IFB with my mac this week - no problems at all. I use the drag & drop method, not the "copy to computer" arrow.

• I tried drag and drop and got an error message saying something like i didn't have permission to view the files. Anybody ever get that or know how to avoid it?