Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive All Broke

2»

Comments

• @Giant_Peach said:

I’ll check my version later, but there was an issue with ReSlice causing CPU spikes, now fixed, so it’s possible.

You didn’t acknowledge my post, but I just tested it anyway.

Working fine here as AU in AUM, average 20% CPU.

Thanks for checking. Do you mess around with it? Tap the tab on the bottom right to shuffle through the screens a few times or mess with arp.

It might do just fine if one loads it and it sits there. But if I try to make music with mine loaded, it crashes immediately.

Didn’t press record, or run any other AU’s but I zipped around it’s screens, fiddled with its arp’s, filters, changed the wave shapes...mucked about with the whole thing.

Are you running any others? Could be something else causing it to misbehave.

• @mrcanister said:
    i've just spent a couple of hrs with 2 addictive aus + 1 sem and blocs in both bm3 and cubasis. plenty of fiddling too. really mad patches o_O
    all good. 11.? 2017 pad
    hopefully there's a solution for you

Damn. That’s my setup too. Alright I bet I’ll reinstall it and it’ll go fine. Let’s see. I’m home now.

• Make sure that nothing runs in the background.

Power-Off button till the slider appears and then hold the Home button quite some time until the regular screen reappears.

Or even do a force -reboot (hold Power-Off and Home until the Apple appears)

• @Giant_Peach
    i wish! mine's not a pro. maybe open the app standalone and then shut it down. who knows, might work. good luck

• Installed the new Apple update, reinstalled, and loaded IAA and an AU up.

Average 21% CPU and no crashes or pops! So far so good.

• @Giant_Peach said:
    Installed the new Apple update, reinstalled, and loaded IAA and an AU up.

It has been a system wide issue.

Next time you should do the update in recovery mode, as shown here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@Giant_Peach said:

Sweet thanks.

• @Giant_Peach Sorry to hear about that, haven't seen any support mail, how did you contacted us ?
    Regarding the problem: there is indeed a case with IAA together with AUM which seems to be problematic with most of our Apps. We already had updates for Harmony Eight, AudioEffX and ReSlice. Others affected will be updated time after time.

• Thanks for the response @VirSyn

I filled out an email form for both the German and US websites.

Regarding the issue, it seems to be an AU issue.

I’m on an iPad Pro 12.7 in iOS 11.2.2.

I’m using BM3 and have another AU, Phasemaker, loaded in another bank.

AP likes to crash whenever one is tapping on the bottom right widget to go to the arpeggiator. It happens consistently every time I open it within about 5-10 minutes.

• edited January 2018

@VirSyn
    I reinstalled both Addictive Pro and BM3. I’m running iOS 11.2.2 on a 12.9 2018 Pro.

In BM3 I have one other AU generator, Phasemaker, loaded. Lots of BM3 internal effects on all banks though. More often than not, I get a crash in BM3 when switching screens. Often when passing through the arp screen. It happens inevitably.

I always send constant reports to BM3 so they’re aware of this too as it may be their end.

Just a heads up. Thanks.

• edited January 2018

@VirSyn I’m not hearing anything back but I’ll just use this thread as a crash log to share with you the last thing I was doing after each crash.

First one today just now, Sunday 11:02 AM, 21 Jan 2018

Crash while tapping key positions in the arpeggiator. Host AUM.

• 11:51 Crash in AUM, no other AUs or apps. Right before crash was just tapping app icon in channel to open AU UI.

• 12:06

Crash in AUM when just jamming and opening and closing filters on a patch. Controlled by Rozeta Cells.

• 12:12

Crash while switching from arp to mod controls.

• Whatever you do, DON’T throw your iPad against the wall. ;)

• 12:31 Crash while using the arp. Same conditions.

• @CracklePot said:
    Whatever you do, DON’T throw your iPad against the wall. ;)

Keeping the log helps. Documenting my suffering and pain and showing the world somehow makes it all ok.

• 12:41

Crash. Same conditions. Was opening and closing odd harmonic filter.

• 12:45

Crash. Switching from arp screen.

• 12:49

Crash while adjusting noise level..

It’s here that I notice the noise doesn’t seem to work. I cannot get AP to produce noise as an AU in AUM.

• 10:21 Crash while turning filter knob. Noticed reverb parameters aren’t available in AUM for midi binding but all the other effects are mostly available. Hmm.

10:36 Crash while adjusting osc level envelope.

• edited January 2018

Switching to Cubasis today @Virsyn because using AP in AUM is untenable. We’ll see how it goes.

• edited January 2018

@Giant_Peach said:
    Switching to Cubasis today @Virsyn because using AP in AUM is untenable. We’ll see how it goes.

Curious to hear how this goes (if DAW makes a difference, because Im guessing that what you’re seeing is an issue of the Virsyn AU being optimized for iPad Pro GUI - an issue that’s reported for several other apps from other devs)

• edited January 2018

Key Hold does not work when the arp is running in Cubasis. 9:09 AM. IAA

• Crash three times in Cubasis this morning between 9:00 and 2:00 along with some stuck notes.

All while doing different things. Moving filter knobs, switching between different screens, and once just tapping out of the app to go back into Cubasis.

• I’m just sort of waiting for a “we’ll look into it this is a pretty bad experience plus here’s a couple things you could do...” Alas.

It’s jsut one of the few damn iOS synths that has such a good sound and with the dice randomizers it’s just so much fun I could make an album built off of random presets made from the dice with every instrument Addictive Pro but, it doesn’t work.

• I have a lot of good information over here @VirSyn if you’re interested at having a good product.

• edited January 2018

I’ve confirmed a no noise generator in AU bug with iPad Pros with other Pro owners on iOS musician on Facebook.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@Giant_Peach said:

I don’t have iTunes or a computer.