Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dark ambient soundscape - all iPhone creation

I recorded 3, 8 second loops in fieldscaper, I ran these through Fieldscaper as well as into several other chains of effects, surfing the controls in an improvised manner...
apps used:
fieldscaper
frobulator
muckraker
reverb fdn
dedalus
gliderverb
eos2
dubstation
space
roughrider
limiter

afaicr!
Cheers J

Comments

• Really nice!

iPhone is able to do powerful things:)

• Wow, really great horror show sounds. Good to know this was iPhone only; a cool showing of how out-there you can get with “just” an iPhone.

• That was awesome! B)

It would be interesting to hear what the original recorded loops were.. field recordings, your voice perhaps?

FieldScaper is really great for mangling sounds into something unrecognizable from the original source.

• @Keenan said:
    That was awesome! B)

It would be interesting to hear what the original recorded loops were.. field recordings, your voice perhaps?

FieldScaper is really great for mangling sounds into something unrecognizable from the original source.

Hi there @Keenan
    The field recordings were; 3 ice cubes being rattled in a pint glass, just 3 different versions to get some different rhythm and tone, if you strain your ear/brain you can hear one of the loops with only some delay, but this is short... before I fade it out and change the LFO/effect... the rest are fairly well mangled as you noticed!
    Thanks for taking time to listen and commenting.
    J
    :)

• Some very cool mangling. :wink:

• I love a proper mangling!

• @id_23 said:

@Keenan said:
    That was awesome! B)

Hi there @Keenan
    The field recordings were; 3 ice cubes being rattled in a pint glass, just 3 different versions to get some different rhythm and tone, if you strain your ear/brain you can hear one of the loops with only some delay, but this is short... before I fade it out and change the LFO/effect... the rest are fairly well mangled as you noticed!
    Thanks for taking time to listen and commenting.
    J
    :)

Awesome, I gave it another listen and I can kinda hear remnants of the ice blocks now that you’ve mentioned it! The name of the song makes more sense now too B)