Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: New Jobs for the Apple Boys

As Cook and co have shown themselves entirely inept at innovating, I thought I’d have a try. ;) These are three things that Apple has the money to develop, that would be revolutionary.

1. Far Field Charging.

iDevices trickle charge from the electromagnetic energy that surround us, and thus hardly ever run out of power.

1. IOS Emulation

Either in concert with Parallels, or as their own app, software that wired and wirelessly allows the coherence style emulation of IOS apps on Mac desktop and possibly PC desktops.

1. iPad SD

An iPad line that finally comes with SD card compatibility, specifically with the intention of being able to use large files. In our case, Kontakt libraries, and other desktop bound programs that have not come to IOS due in the main to power and storage issues.

Comments

• I just hold my iPad in my hands and the electromagnetic radiation stored in my body keeps my device at a fully 100% charged state. It’s rather convenient

• @Arpseechord said:
    I just hold my iPad in my hands and the electromagnetic radiation stored in my body keeps my device at a fully 100% charged state. It’s rather convenient

>

I’ve just been watching a documentary about you guys. Most people thought it was an SF TV show: The Invaders.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:
    I just hold my iPad in my hands and the electromagnetic radiation stored in my body keeps my device at a fully 100% charged state. It’s rather convenient

>

I’ve just been watching a documentary about you guys. Most people thought it was an SF TV show: The Invaders.

We are among you and only require assimilation. Joining us is the wise choice and you get the extra benefits of tv fame :)

• @Zen210507 concerning point 1 (well, the FIRST point 1 :D), the only frequency bands of the electromagnetic spectrum that are strong enough in "everyday situations" to reasonably add charge would be the visible wavelengths (i.e., light). So, just get yourself one of those solar battery cases. No need for Apple to innovate ;)

• @Arpseechord said:
    We are among you and only require assimilation. Joining us is the wise choice and you get the extra benefits of tv fame :)

>

Is there an app for that?

• edited January 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:

>

Is there an app for that?

Not yet we have yet to make a deal with Apple
    On a serious note I think you make good points in your OP, I’d like to see an SD card option but the bottom line for Apple probably won’t let it happen

• @Arpseechord said:
    On a serious note I think you make good points in your OP, I’d like to see an SD card option but the bottom line for Apple probably won’t let it happen

>

Yes, it is ironic that the world’s wealthiest tech company chooses to hold back obvious progress.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:

>

Yes, it is ironic that the world’s wealthiest tech company chooses to hold back obvious progress.

Unlikely when they can charge eye-watering prices for RAM upgrades. But you never know, if they could come up with an prohibitively expensive dongle to go in between, the accountants might give it the thumbs up. Particularly if the port/cable needs regular replacement.

• @Zen210507 said:
    As Cook and co have shown themselves entirely inept at innovating, I thought I’d have a try. ;) These are three things that Apple has the money to develop, that would be revolutionary.

1. Far Field Charging.

iDevices trickle charge from the electromagnetic energy that surround us, and thus hardly ever run out of power.

1. IOS Emulation

Either in concert with Parallels, or as their own app, software that wired and wirelessly allows the coherence style emulation of IOS apps on Mac desktop and possibly PC desktops.

1. iPad SD

An iPad line that finally comes with SD card compatibility, specifically with the intention of being able to use large files. In our case, Kontakt libraries, and other desktop bound programs that have not come to IOS due in the main to power and storage issues.

sd card slot is even removed from the new Macbook Pro's so you can forget this function

1. Go out in a thunderstorm and wave your iPhone above your head for super fast charging.
    2. Hasn’t this already been leaked? iOS apps coming to macOS
    3. No thanks. Most of the SD cards I bought must of been fakes as they were so unreliable. Hard to find genuine ones and they are all extremely slow compared to ssd. Outdated tech.
  • @mannix said:
    sd card slot is even removed from the new Macbook Pro's so you can forget this function

>

More and more customers are less than impressed by Apple’s less for more business model.

In their own past, the last time the bean counters thought they could foist inferior products on the public, Apple nearly went bust. As we all know, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

• edited January 2018

This will gona NEVER EVER happen .. It's not possible, it's again some fundamental laws of physics ....

Surrounding EM field is way too weak, more than most people think, to harvest from it enough energy for powering small devices .. not without gigantic antennas :)

Maaybe .. if we would have CPUs and displays which will need MANY MANY order of magnitude less power than they we have now .. but this is also unlikely

As mentioned by @SevenSystems , visible light is only thing which can provide "free" energy for mobile devices .. in case we develop some new materials ablle to many orders of magnitute effectively switch light (eg. energy of photons) to electric current, then it will be possible that outer case of mobile device will be able to provice enough energy to charge build-in battery even without direct sunlight ..

I bet such technology will be there 20 years from now.

• edited January 2018

@dendy: Think about it. You're in a room with an average 15 watts CFL bulb. That's 15 watts of energy for the ENTIRE SURFACE AREA IN THE ROOM (including the walls, floor, and ceiling) COMBINED, supposing 100% of the energy input are converted into electromagnetic radiation. Now take the surface area of your iPhone. Say, 0.01 square meters. Surface area of the entire room is maybe 100 square meters. So your iPhone gets 1/10000 of the energy or 0.0015 watts. That's not a lot for charging ;) (yes the calculations simplify way too much but even if they're off by three orders of magnitude it's still not a lot ;)) So even if you convert 100% of the energy input for the light bulb into radiation, and then again convert 100% of the energy hitting the iPhone into charge, no way this would work even with spaceship technology ;) yeah yeah I know, damn know-it-alls! :D

• edited January 2018

ok but.. i believe that 20yrs from now cpus and displays will need many orders magnitude less energy than they need today
    plus i meant not energy saving lightbulb.. normal daylight, just without direct sunlight..

well see.. maybe current bateries will be replaced by nanodevices harvesting power from quantum fluctuations using casimir effect :-))

• Apple will change the fundamental laws of physics.
    They have the money for it :)

• that may be truth !!!

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe they should innovate an optional system, that suck the live out of you to achieve more energy. Maybe it works with a new finger print sensor, it reduces your life energy and tranfers it to the power of the battery!!

I would call this function "suck now!" - and it would be absolutely amazing! I would welcome a public presentation of the "suck now!"-function by Tim Cook.

• @Max23 said:
    how try transfer that much energy without frying your brain or anything inbetween?

The idea is not about transferring energy, it’s accumulating it from ambient sources. Pipe dream? Today, yes, but who knows what tomorrow brings. Only 20 years ago the idea of a hand-held device with the power and versatility of an iPad Pro was a pipe dream.

iOS Apps don’t make much sense on a Mac.

>

Depends. Some of us would like to run all our IOS only music apps alongside desktop software, the way that Coherence Mode lets Windows software work on a Mac.

SD carts on iPads won’t happen.

>

In this example, better SD cards could be used to contain things like Kontakt libraries. Swappable, perhaps read only. It opens up possibilities. :)

• I would welcome a public presentation of the "suck now!"-function by Tim Cook.
    >

Just as long as it works the way you describe. Anything else doesn’t bear thinking about. ;)

• SD cards? Not so good for music apps.
    But Lightning is the most useless connector ever.
    USB-C would be the most useful single connector.
    And iOS are NOT useless on mac. ;)

• @dendy said:

This will gona NEVER EVER happen .. It's not possible, it's again some fundamental laws of physics ....

Surrounding EM field is way too weak, more than most people think, to harvest from it enough energy for powering small devices .. not without gigantic antennas :)

Maaybe .. if we would have CPUs and displays which will need MANY MANY order of magnitude less power than they we have now .. but this is also unlikely

As mentioned by @SevenSystems , visible light is only thing which can provide "free" energy for mobile devices .. in case we develop some new materials ablle to many orders of magnitute effectively switch light (eg. energy of photons) to electric current, then it will be possible that outer case of mobile device will be able to provice enough energy to charge build-in battery even without direct sunlight ..

Tesla (the original) holding an analog iPad differs from you. :V

• @Cib said:
    Apple will change the fundamental laws of physics.
    They have the money for it :)

But what if Adam and Eve are gonna eat the Apple?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@dendy said:

Tesla (the original) holding an analog iPad differs from you. :V

Haha, I was going to mention tesla in regards to wireless charging, concept he was working from was inspired in part from very ancient indian roots too.

@Zen210507
    With apple they always innovate but a lot of things don't see the light of day, reading through apple patents is heart breaking, some of the stuff they come up with, but rarely drop into our laps.

For example patently apple has a ton of stuff regarding wireless charging, think one of the problems is it can be quite easy to come up with concepts, especially with all the work that has been done in academia, gifted and far sighted individuals and groups outside of academia etc. But it's another thing to manufacture some of these concepts at scale and get them to function reliably.

There was a patent from 2010 for a touchscreen imac that switched to ios when it swivelled down, something like that for coders and musicians would be a joy to use, especially if it was a totally hybrid system and could run iOS and mac apps without the need of swivelling. Included some links below for the wireless charging stuff and old imac patent, I stopped reading about apple patents, as disappointment would grip me at every apple keynote.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/inductive-wireless-charging/
    https://www.fastcompany.com/1684568/apple-files-patent-swiveling-touchscreen-imac

• edited January 2018

F##k illuminatis! They have all the Tesla patents but they can’t develop a f##ing car like Tesla!

I think something gone wrong inside my conspiciouss mind. :neutral:

Reloading the Matrix, please wait. If it takes to long take this

and go to the beach...
    :trollface:

• @mister_rz said:
    But it's another thing to manufacture some of these concepts at scale and get them to function reliably.

It is just a matter of belief, the will to succeed, and the cash to finance the venture.

Let us remember that Tesla was working in wireless transmission of power, and had invented the concept of what we now call the Internet, about 100 years before it actually happened.

Let us also remember, that bastard Edison knew that AC current was the superior method, yet resorted to electrocuting an elephant in his attempts to discredit Tesla. Also, when Marconi sent the first radio signal across the Atlantic, he was using - I think it was - around 17 of Teslas’s patents.

The point being, what I suggested in my OP was on the cards more than a century ago, if those making vast sums from inferior tech hadn’t conspired to stop it. So, it probably can be done....except the successors to those same greedy pricks are still holding up progress.

• We just need to know how further from him was that future.