Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The case of the missing deadhead. (animoog presets vanishing)

Comments

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I wonder if going through the GD presets and saving them one by one into your own bank would solve the problem of them disappearing?

this sounds like it would work

• @ambrosiajam said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I wonder if going through the GD presets and saving them one by one into your own bank would solve the problem of them disappearing?

this sounds like it would work

I think you may need to copy the wavetables by hand if that IAP used wavetables that aren't part of the stock app. The presets themselves may not actually contain them.

• you can explore the Animoog samples folder (categories folder) and the presets folder by connecting the Ipad to a PC and installing the free IfunBox software (ITunes must also be installed for it to work). Then you can copy from PC the samples and presets of any backup or from a web download

• fwiw i never lost my GD animoog presets, in fact i never knew they were taken off the store. They are literally the only thing bringing me back to animoog besides the animoog keyboard itself as an expressive controller when I need it

• @ambrosiajam said:
    fwiw i never lost my GD animoog presets, in fact i never knew they were taken off the store. They are literally the only thing bringing me back to animoog besides the animoog keyboard itself as an expressive controller when I need it

I have a backup of the GD expansion on my PC in case some day is lost from my Ipad

• Wow, I just ran across Doug's video demo of this and was blown away. Wish I could buy it. Think I saw it long ago and passed as not a GD fan, but that was obviously a serious error. Any way to get hold of them now?

• Yes, still one of the best synths around & the GD expansion pack is great, mine was still there when I last looked.

• @dsavoy66 said:

@ambrosiajam said:
    fwiw i never lost my GD animoog presets, in fact i never knew they were taken off the store. They are literally the only thing bringing me back to animoog besides the animoog keyboard itself as an expressive controller when I need it

I have a backup of the GD expansion on my PC in case some day is lost from my Ipad

Don’t mean to impose but is there any way you might be able to send this out? It would be very groovy of you 😎

• Eek! Re-reading this thread, I apologize for never sending these out; in my defense, I haven't replaced my PC to this day and only have an iPad and iPhone. I may be dreaming, but I could've sworn someone came along on here and posted a personal link to all the timbre packs within the last 6 months or so, but I guess it wasn't in this thread.

• edited April 2019

Ok @marmakin et al, get em while they're hot. Like...now @oddSTAR @CracklePot @Synth0 @bresk The Dead Timbres:

(link removed...PM if you need it)

• edited April 2019

@oat_phipps said:
    Ok @marmakin et al, get em while they're hot. Like...now @oddSTAR @CracklePot @Synth0 @bresk The Dead Timbres:

Got it! Thanks so much!!

• edited April 2019

@marmakin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Got it! Thanks so much!!

I am a man of my word, even if it takes two years. Went to the public library, but it wasn't too much of a hassle; I had to return a Tim Allen book anyway.

• Without the Grateful Dead expansion pack I can’t have anymore of my ACID TESTS

• edited April 2019

Edit: links removed, PM if you need it.

• WOW!! Thanks so much @oat_phipps for your generosity. Now Animoog feels complete. 😀

• @oat_phipps
    Thank you. You are da man!
    B)

• edited February 2020

I am most terribly sorry to be exhuming this well-buried and half-decomposed thread, but I have run into the missing GD pack issue, too. I’d gladly pay for it, but it just isn’t available anywhere, as you very well know (this deplorable circumstance also affects certain Rustik presets based on the timbres from the pack; double trouble made triple by the fact that I’m a huge Deadhead and know most of American Beauty, Aoxomoxoa, and Workingman’s Dead by heart, got a whole bunch of bootlegs, DVDs, shirts, as well as most Robert Hunter albums . . . You get the idea). I am somewhat hesitant about messaging @oat_phipps out of the blue, being a new member and all, but I would thoroughly appreciate a chance to get my hands on that pack. I have all the others with the exception of the MIDI pack (not sure what it does; I haven’t really thought of using Animoog in the capacity of a MIDI event generator), although I could do without the BASE pack—well, we all make mistakes, I guess. So yeah. There’s someone in Eastern Europe losing sleep over the missing timbres. “Guess what. I have a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell some GD timbres” :smiley:

• This makes me sad to learn that this once existed and I was never able to get it

• edited February 2020

I’m still sending them out, just please don’t ask me how to install them. There’s help on the internet, and it’s really just a drag and drop away. I don’t mean to be an ass, but you’d be surprised how many of these I’ve sent out and how many times I’ve had to explain painstakingly how to install them. I’m just the distributor, not the IT guy.

• I have a backup copy of the GD expansion on my PC, with some installation instructions.
    If anyone needs them send me a PM

• I'm very very interested in the GD packs if anyone is feeling generous!

• I still have all my dead presets. I did not update to 14 though. I felt they were pretty good and Ill take and old dead samples or ideas for sure@!

• please can you send them to me?

• I would also be interested in these

• Me too please, if possible!

• As soon as I can,I will look for the Gd expansion on my PC. I know that somewhere there is .
    Two years ago a member of this forum was kind enough to send it to me. He knows that I am very grateful

• Anyone still need these? I’m about to do a full cleanse/archive across all my storages, and figured I’d offer once more since this is the only thing I’ve contributed to this forum other than a warped sense of humor.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anyone still need these? I’m about to do a full cleanse/archive across all my storages, and figured I’d offer once more since this is the only thing I’ve contributed to this forum other than a warped sense of humor.

Yes, please kind sir. Animoog is still one of my top three favorite ios apps just to play with and amuse myself. (Geoshred and DrumJam are the other two.)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anyone still need these? I’m about to do a full cleanse/archive across all my storages, and figured I’d offer once more since this is the only thing I’ve contributed to this forum other than a warped sense of humor.

Yes, please kind sir. Animoog is still one of my top three favorite ios apps just to play with and amuse myself. (Geoshred and DrumJam are the other two.)

Pm’ed

• @oat_phipps said:

I’d love to have these if you could PM the link! Thanks!