Who uses Auria IAPs OTHER than Fabfilter’s?

edited January 8 in General

So, I just purchased DCam’s EnvShaper as I desperately needed a good transient processor. This got me wondering - who else has purchased non-Fabfilter IAPs within Auria? How do they fit into your workflow/are they collecting dust and rust?

(DCam’s EnvShaper helps me fit various tracks together without the need for tedious sidechaining on everything. It’s also great for putting into a mastering chain in case a track needs to be slightly punchier, or it needs to sound fuller via increasing the “release” knob, etc.)

«1

Comments

  • On the occasions that I use auria now, microwarmer almost always on drum bus, psp echo for...echo. I have the fxpansion Chan comp, which I sometimes use, but gain reduction meter has been non functional for years (maybe i should take it to the shop to get fixed? :p). Psp old timer is awesome and gets use too, especially on bass, Sometimes on Vox.

  • I have been tempted by MicroWarmer based on the many people who swear by it but a couple of YouTube reviews didn’t really convince me. Anyone want to try again to convince me?

    Turnado and WOW. I use Turnado outside of Auria but rarely Wow.

    I did buy Drumagog along time ago. Havent used it after the first few weeks. Mostly bought to see what it was capable of, not as a necessity.

    FabFilters - it’s taken me a few years but now have them all, mostly acquired during 50% sales.

  • I resisted buying FF Pro-R this last sale and went for the Golden Glue IR pack for convolution reverb instead.

    Haven’t got too deep into its use yet, but I liked the quality of what I heard. And, I liked having lots of professionally tuned presets as a starting point, or to get ideas from.

    Can’t remember if they were on sale, but I don’t think they’re all that pricey to begin with.

    Don’t remember who mentioned that, but thanks whoever you are. :)

  • edited January 9

    Oh oh this is an easy one, I can answer this one I know I can...yes I do use other than fab
    I feel so good that I can participate in this wonderful forum :)

  • Oh yeah, drumagog and various IR packs used too.

  • Well that didn’t take long...

  • edited January 9

    +1 for Golden Glue pack, Microwarmer, PSP Echo and Old Timer, and I love the FXpansion ChanComp on vocals.

    I was very happy with two acoustic drum tracks, but I didn’t like the snare sounds on either. Drumagog saved me on those tracks.

  • I use old timer and microwarmer on every auria project. Old timer usually on tracks and mw on the master

  • PSP Microwarmer and Old timer, both are great imo, Drumagog 5 ( Dont use it much ) and retune, which I also don’t use much. Actually the only Fabfilter I have is Pro Q. I’m using a lot of audio units these days more than the iap’s.

  • I love Microwarmer on a clean, direct in guitar

  • PSP Microwarmer and Old timer

    Sometimes Overloud THM. It sounds pretty darn good. I'm just.......................... Biased........ ;)

  • Looks like I’ll be investing in Microwarmer and Old Timer next. ;)

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So, I just purchased DCam’s EnvShaper as I desperately needed a good transient processor. This got me wondering - who else has purchased non-Fabfilter IAPs within Auria? How do they fit into your workflow/are they collecting dust and rust?

    (DCam’s EnvShaper helps me fit various tracks together without the need for tedious sidechaining on everything. It’s also great for putting into a mastering chain in case a track needs to be slightly punchier, or it needs to sound fuller via increasing the “release” knob, etc.)

    I just read what you wrote there about mastering- interesting idea. You can basically do the same with a compressor's attack and release controls, but transient designers are cool tools that make it easy. I don't have that one but I have a few on my Mac that I use and like.

  • @mrufino1 said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So, I just purchased DCam’s EnvShaper as I desperately needed a good transient processor. This got me wondering - who else has purchased non-Fabfilter IAPs within Auria? How do they fit into your workflow/are they collecting dust and rust?

    (DCam’s EnvShaper helps me fit various tracks together without the need for tedious sidechaining on everything. It’s also great for putting into a mastering chain in case a track needs to be slightly punchier, or it needs to sound fuller via increasing the “release” knob, etc.)

    I just read what you wrote there about mastering- interesting idea. You can basically do the same with a compressor's attack and release controls, but transient designers are cool tools that make it easy. I don't have that one but I have a few on my Mac that I use and like.

    Yep, a compressor can do that and can be more flexible (at least Pro-C is), but a Transient Designer does it far quicker and makes me feel like I’m far more in complete control of the shape of my final mix. I’m not sure if that makes sense though, lol.

  • edited January 9

    So far, Auria Pro is still on my new iPad but i'm yet to feel comfortable working with it. I made a decision to buy it alongside Cubasis because i wanted to eliminate the "which one i should have gotten" option. It's taking 3.9 gb on my icloud storage, i turned it off. How long will it stay on my iPad i don't know. I feel more at home with Cubasis at the moment.

    Sorry if this is "off-topic".

  • Both Cubasis and Auria Pro gave their strengths, that’s why I use both.
    I also use AudioEvolution, n-track 8 Pro & Music Studio. My alternative sequencers.

  • I own pretty much every conceivable DAW, and I have the Fabfilter IAPs and EnvShaper in Auria. I purchased ALL of the IAPs for Cubasis as it also feels more “at home”. However, I hope Steinberg wisens up and allows us to choose which effects go in slots 1 and 2 as well as flexible buss routing and sidechaining (i.e. NOT the pumping kind like Pumphouse elegantly does but rather the subtle kind that helps a vocal pop).

  • @Kühl said:
    Both Cubasis and Auria Pro gave their strengths, that’s why I use both.
    I also use AudioEvolution, n-track 8 Pro & Music Studio. My alternative sequencers.

    I LOVE Music Studio. As sappy as I’ll sound, it’ll always have a special place in my heart for nostalgia purposes, for still having that comfy familiar skeuomorphic GUI, for having a decent customizable sampler, and for having a great library of sounds (whuch received for new ones with a recent maintenance update).

  • Nothing can compete again Pro-L, by far the best limiter on iOS. However, I am not very lucky with Pro-C and prefer Microwarmer, easier to use. I am also using DCAM envshaper and feel quite comfortable with it

  • I only have the EnvShaper next to the Pro-Q. Didn't feel the need to get more plugins.

  • edited January 9

    @Keepitsimple said:
    So far, Auria Pro is still on my new iPad but i'm yet to feel comfortable working with it.>

    >

    That’s because AP is not the most intuitive app. There are also quirks and bugs which make it harder than Cubasis to use and to learn. But once you do know how to bend it to your will, it is still the more versatile product.

    As for using filters in AP other than FF, I use MicroWarmer on vocals, all the time.

    With reference to FF, I held off buying Pro-R until a sale, and yet it is the only FF I have been disappointed with. Likely because the devs intend it to be used in more subtle and different ways, on specific instruments, as opposed to what I’ve tried. Whereas, every other FF I’ve bought has been an instant hit, improving whatever track it is used on. One day, I’ll get how to work to magic properly, and be glad for my purchase. ;)

  • I would love to use auria more(use it at all really) but rarely I get to the point where I want to use it: on stems for mixing.

  • I use PSP Echo on almost every project, love it to bits. Drumagog also gets a fair amount of use.

    The only effect I don't like in Auria is the convolution reverb. Pro-R however is really good IMO, I love the fact you can tweak the frequencies of the reflections and the output, makes it really versatile. Otherwise the bundled algorithmic reverb that comes with Auria is also pretty nice sounding IMO (ClassicVerb and ClassicVerb Pro).

  • edited January 9

    I have all the PSP plugins, and they’re great... PSP is a fantastic company. Also don’t overlook their Busspressor, which comes for free on all the busses. And as others have mentioned, MicroWarmer is basically an essential plugin for many. (It’s ‘big brother’ Vintage Warmer has been on every track I’ve produced on the desktop for many, many years).

    Envy Shaper is good, especially as transient shaper style plugins are a bit thin on the ground on the iPad. (You can use Saturn for this purpose, but it takes a few steps to get it configured for that kind of work). I recently purchased Overloud THM, and though I can’t say it sounds better than Tonestack, Jamup Pro, or Amplitube, it’s a treat to have a guitar amp sim plugin that works seamlessly in Auria. :)

  • edited January 9

    @Zen210507 said:

    @Keepitsimple said:
    So far, Auria Pro is still on my new iPad but i'm yet to feel comfortable working with it.>

    >

    That’s because AP is not the most intuitive app. There are also quirks and bugs which make it harder than Cubasis to use and to learn.

    That's exactly why I'm keeping it on my iPad, hoping for updates that fix those little quirks and bugs. Glad I'm not alone experiencing this. Thought it's an ios 11 related thing.

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @Kühl said:
    Both Cubasis and Auria Pro gave their strengths, that’s why I use both.
    I also use AudioEvolution, n-track 8 Pro & Music Studio. My alternative sequencers.

    I LOVE Music Studio. As sappy as I’ll sound, it’ll always have a special place in my heart for nostalgia purposes, for still having that comfy familiar skeuomorphic GUI, for having a decent customizable sampler, and for having a great library of sounds (whuch received for new ones with a recent maintenance update).

    I like seeing others on here mention the nostalgia for Music Studio. I share the feeling. Funny that was only just 5 years ago.

  • @Keepitsimple said:
    That's exactly why I'm keeping it on my iPad, hoping for updates that fix those little quirks and bugs. Glad I'm not alone experiencing this. Thought it's an ios 11 related thing.

    >

    Nah, it’s akways been like that. Auria Pro enables the use of Fab Filters, which - once used - is the killer feature. It is also pretty good at in-app audio track editing. Hand in hand with this are bugs that are now years old. Some because the developers just don’t consider them important enough to fix, others because of a dispute as to who is responsible.

  • Only thing with Auria is why don’t all the IAA apps show up?

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So, I just purchased DCam’s EnvShaper as I desperately needed a good transient processor. This got me wondering - who else has purchased non-Fabfilter IAPs within Auria? How do they fit into your workflow/are they collecting dust and rust?

    (DCam’s EnvShaper helps me fit various tracks together without the need for tedious sidechaining on everything. It’s also great for putting into a mastering chain in case a track needs to be slightly punchier, or it needs to sound fuller via increasing the “release” knob, etc.)

    In the Thanksgiving Black Friday sale I splurged. I upgraded to Auria Pro, also bought Pro-C2, Pro-DS, Pro- L, Pro- Q2, and Pro-R. I also purchased PSP Echo, MicroWarmer, oldTimer and PianoVerb2
    Due to a family members health issue over the past while I have touched none of it and music making is not in my mind except for a quick guitar or piano sprint here and there

  • I’m a big fan of MoReVoX IR-collections. I have both RetroVerb packs and some of IRs became my favorite reverb effects.

    Also I like PSP’s Echo Delay. I found that it’s more easy to tweak the good delay with PSP than FF.

    Can’t forget the Overloud. This is the only guitar plug-in on iOS, and it sounds very good!

    Microwarmer is must! There’s no doubt about it!

    Also we have the only good spring reverb here. SpringVerb is unique FX and it’s very useful with guitar.

Sign In or Register to comment.