Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Metal track using JamUp, DM1 and Garageband

edited October 2013 in Creations

Here is a playthrough video of a metal track I made entirely on the iPad:

All apps conected with Audiobus of course! I'm so digging the production quality of my stuff now, way better than anything I ever did on PC :)

Comments

• Oh and also a smattering of Crystal Synth

• Oh man, this is amazing.
    Drums are really DM1?

• Yes most of the samples are drum hits that I collected/stole from elsewhere and loaded into DM1. Once my drum track was complete I exported it via Audiocopy into Garageband and added reverb in GB. Thanks man!

• Great sounds! :)

• WOW! INSANE! AWESOME! GOOD! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! WOW!

• TCMTCM
    edited November 2013

Very impressive! As a long time metal listener (and a guitarist in a death metal band), it's cool to see this kind of thing with this quality level being done on the ipad. I'll hopefully get some metal stuff recorded on mine at some point. I'm just having too much fun with electronica type stuff.

• Thanks wayni and AlterEgo! TCM I also have my roots in death metal bands. I know its tempting to stick to electronica -no messy cabling, you can lie on the couch bed hehe. I want to add more synth to my stuff. Here's my new video, on the 8-string - JamUp, DM1, Crystal Synth, Audiobus: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-OXfRbZl4

• Very nice sound and creative use of the various camera angles so we could get some insight into how you created the music.

• Very cool!

• Plenty of good chops and variation. As a guitar player myself, I like it when a guitarist really plays all over the neck. Great stuff.

• Ummmm....pardon my French, but....F*CK YEAH!!!! That was pretty cool.

• Well done!

• Sooooo good dude! Loved the heroic ending too. And the drums sound awesome!! Gotta love the head stock camera too :)

• I also use green plecks. They clearly are the most rawkin. How can you rawk without a green pleck? That's right, you can't. And whoa Nellie, this one sure does rawk. AWESOME.

• Hehe yes the greens are my fave.
    I need to find a DAW that has programmable drums where you can bring in your own samples. Tired of always having to Audiocopy from DM1. Any ideas?

• use Cubasis. I make a MIDI track, map out the drums. Then MIDI out to DM-1 and record its output onto an audio track. It works very well.

You could do the same thing with Beatmaker 2.5 and load your samples into its drum machine - completely removing DM-1 from the equation.

Awesome 2nd video.

• But yeah - like PaulB said - Audiobus.

• What is this Audiobus thing you mention?

I record all drums into Cubasis as audio, live. No MIDI. I like to tweak as I go. DrumStudio is more expressive than DM1 but doesn't have a lot of beef to it, so I chuck those beats through Tornado.

• 'Audiobus', never heard of it.. ;)
    So it seems Cubasis is the way to go for me.. And possibly move away from using DM1.
    Thanks, this is just the advice I was looking for.

• I'd love to see that DM1 file if you're up for sharing.

• What my samples? How would i do that?

• Musically not my bag, but no denying the production value on this !!

• Here are the drum samples:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zpsyrabe3mbxj6/CrbYtisJmO
    Show me what you can do with them, would dig to hear!

• @julianEmdon, is this the complete file ? It shows as 693kb only and has one 1hihat and 1cymbal I think. Maybe you can upload each of the samples as a separate individual wav files , that way it's easier to import directly from db or zip the separate files into 1zip

• It is one file that hits each drum once in succession. The chopping up I'll leave to you, its easy to do in Audioshare or DM1.

• There is only a closed hat and cymbal sound. If you had any others they got lost in the export.

• Thanks for providing, btw.

• Ahh sorry guys! I should've checked. Its all there now.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zpsyrabe3mbxj6/CrbYtisJmO

• and I've included my other kit in the folder too!