Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I need an iPad app that converts wav into wma files. Any suggestions?

Today I got a contract with a Power & ISP company, to do their phone central board in different languages.
Must be my sexy voice:) but they want the files in wma format... and I said: keine Problem :smile:

Comments

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    I guess you are out of luck,
    this format isn’t supported by iOS.
    Someone would have to integrate it in the app by himself.
    That’s rather unlikely?
    On the other hand aif and wav are pretty similar, it’s just different things in the header, I think.
    But I haven’t seen export as wma anywhere.

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M‑JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

But iOS 11 includes h265 on new devices
    This is for the new fancy pic and video compression
    They don’t say it loud but I played back flac files, I think it was in the files app.
    WHO knows what else is hiding in h265?

wma is very different from wav or aiff.
    It doesn’t have to be supported by the OS in order to be supported by the apps. That said, apps supporting it might have licensing fees, which makes it hard to justify for iOS.

Why does the conversion tool have to be on iOS? You can also try online file converters.

Peter

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

You’ll have to take it over to the desktop and run it through Audacity (which will also let you add metadata which might be helpful to them) or run it through FFmpeg.

• @Max23 said:
    That’s rather unlikely?
    On the other hand aif and wav are pretty similar, it’s just different things in the header, I think.

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M‑JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

They don’t say it loud but I played back flac files, I think it was in the files app.

@BiancaNeve said:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/file-converter-convert-your-file-video-ebook-image/id483983989?mt=8

Says it does.

@sonicreef said:

@Max23 said:
    That’s rather unlikely?

wma is very different from wav or aiff.
    It doesn’t have to be supported by the OS in order to be supported by the apps. That said, apps supporting it might have licensing fees, which makes it hard to justify for iOS.

Why does the conversion tool have to be on iOS? You can also try online file converters.

Peter

@u0421793 said:
    You’ll have to take it over to the desktop and run it through Audacity (which will also let you add metadata which might be helpful to them) or run it through FFmpeg.

Guys, guys. Thanks for all the help.
    Y’all ALMOST deserve royalties here... my ass is saved.

I made the voices at work, on a PC at our radio studio, but forgot to convert the voices to wma with Sound Forge. As many of you know, my home studio is built into my Fiat Wohn Wagen, and it’s freezing here now. My gear is packed down to eliminate damage.
    That leaves me with the iPad, as i don’t want to travel into the city again tonight. To be honest, I can’t drive right now LoL

BUT @BiancaNeve saved my ass. The app suggested, really converts shit into a lot of formats, wma included. Thanks Bianca, you will be in my dark Norwegian prayers tonight.

KÜHL

• The app really really worked.
    It sends the wav file encrypted to a server online, which converges the file, and send it back to the app.
    iOS isn’t involved in the conversion. The wma file can’t of course be played on the iPad, but it is recognised in AudioShare, so it’s easy to transfer it to Dropbox or mail.

Thanx again bianca

• @u0421793 said:

The “File Converter” app worked.
    It sends the wav to a desktop server, which converts it and send it back to the app.
    No iOS needed in the conversion. A really useful app I’ve never heard of before.
    Spread the good gospel :smile:

• @Kühl said:

@u0421793 said:

The “File Converter” app worked.
    It sends the wav to a desktop server, which converts it and send it back to the app.
    No iOS needed in the conversion. A really useful app I’ve never heard of before.
    Spread the good gospel :smile:

Excellent, it does books/documents too.

• edited January 2018

@Kühl. You’re out of luck for something easy

Unfortunately it’s not on the store anymore. I’ve converted several WMA files on my iPad with it.

None of that remote server crap!

• I've tried File Converter app, but it didn't work on my iPad, I didn't know why. I can't find another good app to convert wav to wma file, and then i had to try some useful online audio converters desktop ones, I've tried Online Converter, Zamzar, Joyoshare Video Converter, Movavi Converter, etc. and finally joyoshare just helped me.

• I would recommend https://cloudconvert.com/formats you'll need dropbox etc to manage the files but its very good with a lot indepth options