Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just want ableton set export poll

Hi
I just want a sequencer with au and iaa hosting that can export midi and audio to ableton set ( like gadget ).
Really hoping it would be beatmaker.
Just sayin =)

Please dont vote if you use only ipad

Ableton set export !!
  1. Do u care?28 votes
    1. Yes
      57.14%
    2. No
      42.86%

Comments

• It could be launchpad/Groovebox/BlocsWave.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    It could be launchpad/Groovebox/BlocsWave.

Too closed and limited environment

• edited January 2018

Deleted.

• @yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

One of its strengths :wink:

• @Dubbylabby said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

In which way? To have precomposed stuff to sequence? No really , never could get it, wheres the creativity in those apps?

• @yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

In which way? To have precomposed stuff to sequence? No really , never could get it, wheres the creativity in those apps?

Ummm creativity is in the mix. Just because you are dealing with samples doesn’t mean what you put together will sound good. Composing with samples takes time, takes an ear and takes focus to pull off well. I think of making music with samples like editing from footage you’ve been handed without much context and asked to make a movie from.

Just because a person plays a piano or synth doesn’t make it “creative”. Noise is noise regardless of its origin. :)

It takes “creativity” to create beauty from this noise regardless of where it originates.

• edited January 2018

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Creativity is never on the app, it’s up to people and how use these apps as tools for expressing it.

BlocsWave limitations are a strength if that is what you look for, like me.
    Limitation as factor to get things finished and not edited until the end of days... Anyways it’s a matter of POV and offtopic to the main question.

Probably we are not going to see Ableton export and AU in any self-contained DAW and in my personal workflow Ableton export is a “extra” waiting for a day I decide to go further than just “collage” samples (from packs or recorded from other apps) and try to make something more professional in my Professional friends studios with Ableton/Logic and so.
    ATM being capable of create these collage instrumentals (with or without chopping) and play keytar (or writting lyrics) over them is more fun and fast than use Ableton in any way...

A matter of POV and workflow...

PS: excuse me I read twice the first post and you asked only to non-only iPad (and iPhone I understand) users which keeps me out since I rarely use desktop/laptops for music never more...

• Yes i guesss theres creativity in everything. Sorry.
    I just like to play real instruments , record, synthesize patches, etc.

• edited January 2018

Everything is a real instrument
    banging two sticks together is a real instrument.
    a knife and fork is too if the intent is to play them to make music
    a sample app is too ;)

• I like the Ableton export option myself, it's convenient as that's my main DAW in the studio. BUT... just getting stems or exported tracks from an app works fine too. Same result, the Ableton option only saves me a few mouse clicks usually.

The one exception is something like Gadget, where you get a session view layout of a lot of clips. Pretty hard to do that easily with stems, though how many apps have that sort of layout in the first place too?

• @Mayo said:
    a sample app is too ;)

Sorry, sorry, sorry
    Its my personal opinion, i guess its not ‘ modern ‘ .
    But also it becomes increasingly difficult to speak like that, when everything can be twisted and labelled as creative and inspiring. I guess its personal opinion.
    I studied classical music half my life, and for me pressing buttons with pre mixed/composed stuff, is missing a point which is very important for me.

• @yonhorizon said:

@Mayo said:
    a sample app is too ;)

Sorry, sorry, sorry
    Its my personal opinion, i guess its not ‘ modern ‘ .
    But also it becomes increasingly difficult to speak like that, when everything can be twisted and labelled as creative and inspiring. I guess its personal opinion.
    I studied classical music half my life, and for me pressing buttons with pre mixed/composed stuff, is missing a point which is very important for me.

And for that you get a big LOL from me and a friendly wink :wink:

• @yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Creativity is in your head ;) Anyways blocs wave is great for recording stems and it has ableton export.
    Personally im not into groovebox at all and i dont see value in launchpad if you are going to export to ableton instead. You can host blocswave as IAA to anything that supports IAA, so i dont really see much limitations with it if you just want looper that can export ableton sets.

• @Dubbylabby said:

Key word..."could"
    I agree and think it "should" be
    I have spent so much time in those apps composing and sending it to Ableton that AU and IAA hosting being added would be a dream come true. Don’t think it will happen. I think they plan to keep it as a closed system...they’re making too much money off sound packs to want to unify all the apps in a way we want. We’ll see...

• @Scottzilla82 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Key word..."could"
    I agree and think it "should" be
    I have spent so much time in those apps composing and sending it to Ableton that AU and IAA hosting being added would be a dream come true. Don’t think it will happen. I think they plan to keep it as a closed system...they’re making too much money off sound packs to want to unify all the apps in a way we want. We’ll see...

And if it happens will be IAP for sure but I think the same... stability over functions seems their roadmap.

@ToMess said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@yonhorizon said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Creativity is in your head ;) Anyways blocs wave is great for recording stems and it has ableton export.
    Personally im not into groovebox at all and i dont see value in launchpad if you are going to export to ableton instead. You can host blocswave as IAA to anything that supports IAA, so i dont really see much limitations with it if you just want looper that can export ableton sets.

GrooveBox could be the one to host AUs and that maybe will make me use it too. ATM I deleted it.

Thanks fellas to share your thoughts...