Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt is amazing!!

Comments

• @rs2000 ok now the DN is ok but my digitakt is not running anymore. Any advice ? ( set up is DT in DN and DN in AUM via usb )

• @mlau said:
    @rs2000 ok now the DN is ok but my digitakt is not running anymore. Any advice ? ( set up is DT in DN and DN in AUM via usb )

Hmmm. I'm not sure if the DN forwards incoming MIDI clock from USB to the MIDI Out (DT), have you tried enabling MIDI THRU on the DN?

I only have the DT so I cannot try this setup.

• @rs2000 am gonna check that out ! be well

• @mlau said:
    @rs2000 am gonna check that out ! be well

It works!
    I've used the following settings on the DT (they should be the same on the DN):

Settings > MIDI Config > SYNC:
    Clock Receive = enabled
    Clock Send = enabled

Settings > MIDI Config > PORT CONFIG:
    Turbo=off
    OutPortFunc=MIDI
    ThruPortFunc=MIDI
    InputFrom=USB
    OutputTo=MIDI
    (all other settings shouldn't make a difference)

The DT will then forward MIDI clock received over USB MIDI to the MIDI Out port 😊🎉

Connect it to the MIDI In of the second Digit*, enable clock sync over MIDI and be happy.

• @rs2000 you iz angel 😎 that was zat

• @mlau said:
    @rs2000 you iz angel 😎 that was zat

Thank you 😇

• Really enjoying getting lost with this setup. Now that GrooveBox has the slide over feature it feels better integrated with AUM.

• How are people using the Digitakt or Digitone sequencer and Drambo sequencer combined?

Are you recording notes into Drambo sequencer or leaving them in the Elektron, or running them side by side?

There's loads of combinations... I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    I'm just waiting for drambo to support Ableton link,
    so I can play drambo ping pong on 2 iPads :)

This.

• Loving the new DigiTone update feature of Audio over USB...makes it pair very nicely with the iPad and Drambo with minimal cables...which is very nice. :)

Here's a little track I made today using 4 synths on the DigiTone and Continua and GrooveBox on the iPad:

Thanks as always for watching. Hope everyone's doing well.

SoundCloud:

• elektron just updated digitakt / digitone : they fixed the audio in class compliant ! will try tonight

• @no1normal said:
    How are people using the Digitakt or Digitone sequencer and Drambo sequencer combined?

Are you recording notes into Drambo sequencer or leaving them in the Elektron, or running them side by side?

There's loads of combinations... I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. :)

I would start sequencing Drambo tracks using the Digitakt. 8 polyphonic MIDI tracks can get you somewhere and the point of hardware is... using it, right? 😎

At some point you can always record the sequences into Drambo's sequencer.
    Recording P-locks on the DT works as well, now that Drambo supports MIDI learn for its knobs and buttons.

• With the new OS update, the pair digitakt + ipad offers now so much power of creativity and versatility !

Midiwise- sequencing IOS synths on the fly and also routing all audio tracks and recording them inside AUM makes it a total win !

I have also been a Happy/lucky owner of a circuit novation for two years.
    Now that I’m lookin for cash, I wondered if circuit would still be useful to me.
    Though I have never been a great fan of the Nova synth Integrated, I loved its sequencer and The whole functionality of that box.

Should I sell it or keep the circuit? If so, why?

Should I rather reinvest into a hardware Synth like a Blofeld or a minilogue XD?

Thanks for All Your advices,
    Stay safe everyone,
    JohnBa

• @Johnba If you get along well with the Circuit then keep it!
    The reduction to only a few knobs and buttons can be very inspirational.
    If you feel that's the case, that is.

• @rs2000 said:
    @Johnba If you get along well with the Circuit then keep it!

Thanks for Your answer!
    All these boxes I have purchased these last ten years are so addictive and yet take lot of place.

Yesterday, I took my Monotribe out and fired it on nice amps. Such a beast! What a sound ! I then swore to myself I would never separate with it... but I could I could say the same for my Volca Keys or a PO sub...

The Elektron boxes DN and DT I was very lucky to grab recently just take you to a whole new level...
    and the recent OS updates turned them into the best live box for IOS performance.

• I always like the idea of using the Digitakt to sequence something like Drambo, but whenever I do it, there’s way too much setup. Setting all those knobs to control the right CC etc. In the end it’s easier just to use the Drambo sequencer.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I always like the idea of using the Digitakt to sequence something like Drambo, but whenever I do it, there’s way too much setup. Setting all those knobs to control the right CC etc. In the end it’s easier just to use the Drambo sequencer.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I always like the idea of using the Digitakt to sequence something like Drambo, but whenever I do it, there’s way too much setup. Setting all those knobs to control the right CC etc. In the end it’s easier just to use the Drambo sequencer.

Gah. This. Lack of midi instrument definitions (or MIDI “sounds”) remains a monster hole in the DT for me.

• Finally bought a Digitakt. Finally read through this entire thread to mine it for all the amazing resources left behind. Felt so good I decided to resurrect it. What fun will be had!!

• edited October 2021

I just made a high-tech DIY DIGITAKT stand.
    Made it from a piece of protective cardboard that came with an ikea Kallax shelf. It’s obviously vital that the cardboard is from IKEA. IKEA is Swedish, as is Elektron, thus you’ll have less compatibility issues 🤓
    V2 will feature an eyebrow detector to trigger pattern changes.

• edited October 2021

@tahiche

:+1: :+1: :+1:

just one tip - keep your Digitakt better away of dust, those rubber knows then to turn sticky after some time exposed by dust .. sometimes it takes year, sometimes 3 .. but those rubber-knobs really don't like dust (it's general problem not just digitakt)

• @dendy said:

@tahiche

just one tip - keep your Digitakt better away of dust, those rubber knows then to turn sticky after some time exposed by dust .. sometimes it takes year, sometimes 3 .. but those rubber-knobs really don't like dust (it's general problem not just digitakt)

Thanks for the tip!. Indeed it gets quite dirty and dusty.
    Man., my post hasn’t aged well, and it’s only been a few hours… it’s so bloody irrelevant 😂🤣.
    I’m not handy, at all, and it’s the first time I actually do something like this so I got over excited.
    If this forum was serious I’d be rightfully expelled, luckily it’s not 🙃

• @tahiche said:
    Man., my post hasn’t aged well, and it’s only been a few hours… it’s so bloody irrelevant 😂🤣.
    I’m not handy, at all, and it’s the first time I actually do something like this so I got over excited.

I enjoyed your post and I’m always happy to see someone excited. The Digitakt is a great little box and I couldn’t get my hands off of it the first couple weeks. It’s very easy to get something going but it is also very deep and not something you’ll master in a short time (probably).

• @tahiche said:

@dendy said:

@tahiche

Thanks for the tip!. Indeed it gets quite dirty and dusty.
    If this forum was serious I’d be rightfully expelled, luckily it’s not 🙃

I appreciate how you kept a fly swatter in frame throughout so that we could maintain a common reference of scale. Also, I imagine the beer glass alternating between full and empty in each photographed step.

• It's pretty clever going from a box that you were about to recycle to HEY! Digitakt stand!
    I'm guessing the fly swatter is not for scale but was the straight edge?

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I appreciate how you kept a fly swatter in frame throughout so that we could maintain a common reference of scale.

@ExAsperis99 said:

Sometimes a fly swatter is just a fly swatter :wink:

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's pretty clever going from a box that you were about to recycle to HEY! Digitakt stand!

Indeed!.

@mistercharlie said::

Sometimes a fly swatter is just a fly swatter :wink:

Gladly only served as a deterrent, unused as deadly weapon, In this case African wasps threatening my breakthrough….

• @dendy said:

@tahiche

They'll get sticky with or without dust, just a matter of time. Even if you keep it in a closed box.