Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoKONTROL Studio vs NanoKONTROL2 for Gadget

Wondering if anyone has tried both with Gadget. The Studio is almost $100 more than the Kontrol2. The differences that I see are Bluetooth and an extra button called "Select" for each of the eight tracks. Size is a difference too obviously.

Comments

• edited January 2018

To my knowledge the NanoKONTROL Studio is the only controller that can control the transport buttons in Gadget. I have tested the cc that is sent out for start/stop/record, etc and it doesn't work when you send the same cc from another controller. So there is some special handshake between the two of them. Both the nanoKONTROL and the nanoKEY are especially built to work with Gadget.

But I don't have a nanoKontrol 2, only a nanoKontrol. Maybe the 2 can work the Gadget transport. Anybody know?

The NanoKontrol Studio comes with templates can run other DAWs, from Auria to Cubase. You get them by turning it on and pushing a button at the same time. But they run the same way as they do with Gadget--all the buttons do the same things. I have heard that people have had problems setting up NanoKontrol Studio with templates that do other things. Maybe there's a solution to that. Anybody have this issue? You can of course use it with MIDI learn for temporary control of synths.

On the other hand my nanoKONTROL allows me to create 4 templates in software that will do anything I want.

• encenc
    edited January 2018

@Reid said:

But I don't have a nanoKontrol 2, only a nanoKontrol. Maybe the 2 can work the Gadget transport. Anybody know?

Yes, nanokontrol 2 works great witrh gadget. apart from ff and rev all transport controls work fine including play, stop, record, track selection, pan, level, mute and solo

NK2 also plays nice with Cubase but NOT Cubasis.