Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Any St. Vincent fans in the house?

Just heard this new St. Vincent song for the first time and liked it immediately -- a rarity with me these days. What a great pop song with a throwback sound to those halcyon days of 80's synths. I haven't yet watched the video, but it I like what I'm seeing so far. :smiley:

Comments

• Very much - Annie Clark is superb.

• I thought you hated anything vaguely mainstream, Ian. o:)

• Quite provocative... :sweat_smile:

• I likey, off to investigate further ... Heard of her but not gone out of my way to check out the music, will do so thanks to this thread.

• She’s a constant inspiration.

• She did a great Black Cab session.

• Saw her with David Byrne and it was awesome

• At first, I thought you were talkin about the Bill Murray movie, lol. Pretty tight track. Defo reminiscent of 80s synth pop. Love it.

• edited January 2018

I just looked up her Wikipedia entry and it stated that she is tuck and Patti's niece, that's a pretty good musical lineage, they are incredible. The music I've heard from her isn't necessarily my cup of tea but she seems to be doing well on her own terms so much respect to her for that.

Edit: and I just read that they play on her new album, the more clips I listen to the more I'm looking what I hear, so thanks for posting.

• Tuck and Patti. Wow. That's a head start.

• She’s great.

• Unfortunately I like the idea of her more than the music. I really like the fact that she's weird and provocative but still very popular (a bit like David Bowie being told he was too avant-guarde to be successful), but the tunes don't quite do it for me. It's great to see someone so edgy break into the mainstream in such a big way though.

• Her last video:

• @richardyot said:
    Unfortunately I like the idea of her more than the music.

That's the way I feel about Lady Gaga, though I do like some of her songs.

@richardyot said:
    I really like the fact that she's weird and provocative but still very popular

Not to throw shade on either of these ladies, but Madonna paved the way for both them. She'll be 60 this year, if you weren't already feeling old. :smiley:

• One thing I really appreciate about her is her first couple of albums; as I understand it both self recorded in her apartment. Cool to hear/see someone with dedication not just to realizing a unique musical idea but be able to capture that on tape as well.

David Byrne calloborated with her a couple of years back - luckily got to catch this live...

• @richardyot said:
    Unfortunately I like the idea of her more than the music. I really like the fact that she's weird and provocative but still very popular (a bit like David Bowie being told he was too avant-guarde to be successful), but the tunes don't quite do it for me. It's great to see someone so edgy break into the mainstream in such a big way though.

Doubleplus what richard said

• @telecharge said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

Not to throw shade on either of these ladies, but Madonna paved the way for both them. She'll be 60 this year, if you weren't already feeling old. :smiley:

The great Joanna Newsome calls Gaga "Arty Spice"

• She is awesome. Her guitar playing is underrated, and she has a great way with sounds. Her early stuff is also very nice:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1vxQs84FMWQ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F075ykhyTb0

One of her best ("Landmines"):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qa74-b0vDDU

• Right here. I can’t say I like ALL of her work, but I dig ‘Digital Witness’, ‘Cruel’, ‘Los Ageless’, ‘Marrow’ and ‘Who’ w/ David Byrne.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@telecharge said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

The great Joanna Newsome calls Gaga "Arty Spice"

That's funny. I like that.
    Already did not like arty spice but after seeing what she did to bowies songs in her "tribute" I really don't like her. She is not needed imo

• I’ve always kept an eye out for the category “Barking Mad Women in Pop” – each decade has its own. At risk of hijacking this thread into a list, I’d include:

’60s:
    Cher
    Tina Turner (maybe?)

’70s:
    Kate Bush
    Poly Styrene

’80s:
    Lene Lovich
    Grace Jones

’90s:
    Madonna
    Bjork
    Lauryn Hill

2000’s:
    Macy Gray
    Britney Spears
    Kelis

20teens:
    Lady Gaga
    Beyoncé
    Taylor Swift

I mean, the world is hugely enriched by each and every one of these artists, thankfully – seeing feminine artistic expression reach nearly no limits.

• @telecharge said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

Edith Piaf would kick her ass......:)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I'd buy a ticket. If only Edith lived during the age of eMpTV.

• @telecharge said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I'd buy a ticket. If only Edith lived during the age of eMpTV.

Really getting OT here, but this book by Piaf's half sister is a pungent and powerful (and entertaining) read. Probably (certainly) not the whole truth, but all the more interesting because of that. Not the purist's Piaf, but there are others for that job, this just reeks of life in the street and is a weird but perfect (literal) bookend to Stein's 'The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas'.

• Interesting perspective from Jack Antonoff of Bleachers and Fun. He helped produce St. Vincent's most recent album. There's a link to a New Yorker piece on St. Vincent, too.

NSFW language, and GQ is often ridiculous (check the prices on that retro fashion), but...
    https://www.gq.com/story/jack-antonoff-on-the-dark-secrets-of-good-pop-music

• I'm a big fan of her work. This NPR tiny desk concert opened up a new angle for me on her talent:

https://www.npr.org/event/music/579089481/st-vincent-tiny-desk-concert