Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Current Best iTunes Alternative for Mac?

I used to use iFunbox, but it hasn’t been updated since 2016. Then there came iMazing. And now I’m seeing something called iExplorer.

Can anyone offer any experience or recommendations on any of these, or perhaps some fourth product of which I am unaware?

Comments

• What problem are you trying to solve that the mentioned tools fail at? Just curious.

• I'm still happy with iFunBox version 1.8 on iMac running Sierra.

• @hellquist said:
    What problem are you trying to solve that the mentioned tools fail at? Just curious.

Not that so much. I was hoping for an experienced comparison to see if any of the products offered an advantage over the others...faster, more intuitive, more capable: cheaper, etc. Or any feedback on what people are currently using and why...

• Still on iFunbox.

Hate the inability to delete.

Would love to have an alternative myself

OR HOW ABOUT ITUNES GET OUT OF 2000

• Right. I hadn't heard of iExplorer, quickly checked it out, looks like it does what iMazing does, though apparently 70% faster (according to iExplorers sales blurb).
    Personally I use iTunes or iFunBox still. I have iMazing (via Setapp) but haven't bothered installing it as I fail to see why I'd need it. I have managed to reach the folders I need to reach via iFunBox and uploaded whole folder structures and multi-GB transfers with samples etc in it. I don't run anything jailbroken at the moment.

If anything it currently looks like the Files app addition in iOS 11 has made more people use iCloud/Dropbox etc again for simple file movements.

• edited January 2018

For example, once upon a time I recall that Apple tightened security settings to prevent Sandbox access (unless you jailbreak). I had heard that the PC version of iFunbox enabled a way around this (without jail breaking) but an update to the Mac version was still needed. That update never came, and iFunbox for Mac hasn’t been updated since 2016.

I was wondering if any of these other products ever solved this problem? If so, that would be an advantage for that product.

Another issue... The latest version of iMazing now limits the number of free file transfers. (Wish I hadn’t updated.)

Stuff like that. I was hoping to stimulate discussion of the best apps for avoiding iTunes. Seemed like a topic that hadn’t been discussed in a while and I was checking to see if there was anything new in this area.

• iMazing 2, for back ups and files.

• iExplorer allows viewing/sorting files by date, which iFunBox doesn't. Neither allows full directory access, even on my jailbroken devices, though both claim to. I use iMazing for backups, but it also has the completely jawdropping voodoo power to download .ipas from the app store (like iTunes used to) even if the apps are no longer available. (So if you ever purchased Alchemy or Z3ta+, you can redownload them and install them on new devices.) Even the makers can't believe Apple allow this and are clearly nervous that they won't much longer.

• I use iMazing too. It's very nice but not free.

• @Munibeast said:
    I use iMazing too. It's very nice but not free.

On that note, if you find other software useful and don't mind paying a subscription fee (most in here don't), iMazing is part of the Setapp package. I use it for work, where work pays my subscription, so for me it is obviously worth it as I'm using quite a few of the apps within Setapp.

• The fourth product could be iCloudDrive/Files app. I simpy have a 0,99/month subscription for 50GB iCloudDrive and I sync it to my PC and I sync that to an external Hard Drive. For files that I want to backup to PC that aren’t in the Files app I use iTunes (I want to add that I don’t like iTunes at all, it is so very unintuitive for file transfer from iPad to PC, at least to me it is - so I understand that you want to avoid it).

Long ago I used iFunbox but left that behind me cause at some point it didn’t do the job properly anymore (cause Apple tightened things). I stopped bothering about it and now use iCloudDrive/Files and sometimes iTunes (even though it is an irritating tool - the latest versions doesn’t even backup your apps anymore if you backup iPad to PC, but thats another subject).

In short: for most of my needs the iCloudDrive/Files 0,99 ct/month construction does the job for me.

iMazing, I just went to their site. Does anyone know:
    1. Is the License you buy lifetime, monthly, yearly?
    2. When your PC crashes, or you simply buy a new PC and you want to make your new PC the PC with iMazing etc, do you have to buy a new License?

It irritates me a bit that I can’t find these obvious questions/information on the site. Could be me not spending enough time.

3.And what if you have 2 iPads (like me) and you have bought an iMazing License for 1 PC, does iMazing cover this (if you want to back them up seperately)?