Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help Chris Randall (AudioDamage) brainstorm creative waveform presentations for a new app!

"Doing research for a new product. Visually, what is your favorite waveform display in a product? More concerned with what pushes your creativity buttons than accuracy."

What do people think? I like Samplr, Nave, and Infinite. What do @thesoundtestroom and @jakoB_haQ think?

Post here; I will forward this link to Chris

Comments

• Borderlands Granular where you can touch, move, turn around them etc.
    Or like in N.I. Form.
    I also love how it looks in Icarus.
    Infinite is great too and Serum.
    I like to see waveforms moving in real time.
    The mangle is interesting too....ah too many.
    But the question is are we talking about OSC waveforms or wav/samples presented as waveform.
    What about GlitchBreaks or Sliver.

• The waveform display that indicates a willingness to fix existing known bugs before pushing the latest shiny thing on to the masses.

Please forward on at your leisure. ;)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    The waveform display that indicates a willingness to fix existing known bugs before pushing the latest shiny thing on to the masses.

They patched punphouse the other day. What issues are out there? I think I recall axon midi out had an issue that was acknowledged but not patched?

• Please fix axon first. And give it a random button for each neuro thingy. Please!

And then create something beautiful like samplr that would be frigging amazing

• @rezidue said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    The waveform display that indicates a willingness to fix existing known bugs before pushing the latest shiny thing on to the masses.

They patched punphouse the other day. What issues are out there? I think I recall axon midi out had an issue that was acknowledged but not patched?

The 3 month old (at least) Axon MIDI out thing that was acknowledged by the dev as an “easy fix” but was never followed up on is my gripe.

It is piss poor software development to release something else without addressing this IMO. No more $ going to AD for me.

And, no, as others have intimated, identifying the developer as some kind of maverick with his own unique vision does not excuse this kind of behaviour for my money.

F@#k waveform display preferences, just fix your software.

• Unknown Pleasures

• The Ocean has the most beautiful waves.

• I always enjoyed the waveform display in Native Insttuments Razor

• I like a sawtooth waveform display

• @TheVimFuego said:

+1

• Aw, come on guys, can’t we all just admit that Axon 2 is kinda crappy and there’s nothing really to gain by it getting fixed?

• edited January 2018

• edited January 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

It is piss poor software development to release something else without addressing this IMO. No more $ going to AD for me.

Boo Hoo what did you spend like $3 for Axon2 and now you are whining about your timetable VS Chris Randall’s timetable! I’m sure Axon2 and the otherApps that have problems will get fixed

• edited January 2018

• @eross said:
    I always enjoyed the waveform display in Native Insttuments Razor

I second this.
    I don’t second moans and whinings absolutely OT. Don’t pay, don’t whine, get some music done instead.

• @AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Aw, come on guys, can’t we all just admit that Axon 2 is kinda crappy and there’s nothing really to gain by it getting fixed?

Sure, if that gets Replicant2 fixed first. I really do dig this one.

What’s the issue with Rep2?

• edited January 2018

• Do a new version of Alchemy meets Samplr

Case closed

• @gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Aw, come on guys, can’t we all just admit that Axon 2 is kinda crappy and there’s nothing really to gain by it getting fixed?

Sure, if that gets Replicant2 fixed first. I really do dig this one.

What’s the issue with Rep2?

Errr uhhh... nothing... (runs away with tail tucked between legs after realising it is a BM3 bug, as it works fine in Cubasis and sorry for being a dink... etc, blush etc)

• edited January 2018

@oat_phipps said:

Sure, if they want to give me this one free in return.

On a day when the Mrs finds out she’s jobless in a months time, and my business has gone down the pan, I’m not in the position to shrug off every fiver spent on a crappy appy.

• edited January 2018

Hrmmm...I think we need some humble pie for 2018 over here...wow.... :|

• @echoopera said:

What? You have got to be kidding.

• @B1Gs said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Boo Hoo what did you spend like $3 for Axon2 and now you are whining about your timetable VS Chris Randall’s timetable! I’m sure Axon2 and the otherApps that have problems will get fixed

It's just bad form to release a new app before fixing a long standing (and acknowledged) bug in an old one.

Doesn't matter how much I paid for it.

Looks like Axon has been fixed now so moving on ...

• edited January 2018

"What is forgiveness?" The student asked.

The Sufi master replied: "It's the fragrance that flowers give when they are crushed."

• Not so fast... the update is out.
    It works, but changing the pitch of the inner circle resulting stocked notes most of the time
    :(

• Its ok if you stop the seq though... but still... disappointed

• @TheVimVuego said

It's just bad form to release a new app before fixing a long standing (and acknowledged) bug in an old one.

Now that Axon2 is fixed, I personally recommend FilterStation2!!
    From my use of the app today, it maybe my “goto” for 98.6% of my projects from here forward (and a few projects from the past)!!

• @echoopera said:

@MonzoPro said:

@echoopera said:

What? You have got to be kidding.

@TheVimFuego said:

@B1Gs said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Lol. He’s a cheeky trouble maker, that @Chris_Randall