Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New version of Auxy coming soon

Comments

• I don’t know for sure but I think there will be some new drum sequencing features plus either a new sound pack or a sampler. The devs have stated their desire to allow custom sounds so maybe this will be it. That demo just killed my confidence in my Auxy abilities big time, mix wise. Just when you think you’re shit is sounding top tier

• Does it reintroduce MIDI?

• @tja said:
    Does it reintroduce MIDI?

Very very doubtful

• Auxy has some of the best curated sounds around. So many usable patches, locked behind their walled in garden. Here's hoping they give us midi and au, like noise has done!

• edited January 2018

I have been revisiting all of these recently (trying to clean house) and come back to the conclusion that in many ways Auxy is the best of the bunch. Which, of course, makes the things that might be missing all the more desirable....but we've been to the wall (the well?) a number of times about this and I am to the point where I'm just grateful for any curated bones that their roadmap wants to throw me even if the export midi is hidden away like an ugly red-headed stepchild (who I love).

• I use it all the time, it's so easy to get ready to go ideas for back in the studio. Perfect for getting ideas down on the go. Expensive(ish) though with all the packs.

• @Tarekith said:
    I use it all the time, it's so easy to get ready to go ideas for back in the studio. Perfect for getting ideas down on the go. Expensive(ish) though with all the packs.

It is was you who inspired me actually. I was all full of what the old version had/what they said they were going to do/what they should do/blahblahblah and then I was listening to something you mentioned had been designed/made with Auxy and I had a blindingly clear moment of 'You want to make something or you want to bitch? He's making something, what are you doing?'

So, thanks :)

• Haven't used auxy since they dropped the midi out. Be interesting if they re introduced it now they seem to be overlooking their basic/simplistic approach

• If I'm not mistaken, this next update is going to be significant... possibly for the whole mobile music ecosystem.

• @Sebastian said:
    If I'm not mistaken, this next update is going to be significant... possibly for the whole mobile music ecosystem.

This just put Auxy on my radar as something to watch.

• @Sebastian said:
    If I'm not mistaken, this next update is going to be significant... possibly for the whole mobile music ecosystem.

Very interesting statement - coming from you!

If it will influence the entire ecosystem, it will either need some connectivy (which is litterally non existing in the present version) or be good enough to make everything else irrelevant.

I might be pushing a bit, but very exiting anyway.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Sebastian said:

If it will influence the entire ecosystem, it will either need some connectivy (which is litterally non existing in the present version) or be good enough to make everything else irrelevant.

Do You have some developer's informations, or You are building hype on simply declarations like "something new"
    What do You exactly know about the update? can You explain to me?

• edited January 2018

@MAtrixplan said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@Sebastian said:

Do You have some developer's informations, or You are building hype on simply declarations like "something new"
    What do You exactly know about the update? can You explain to me?

Just that Auxy is a walled garden as it is. And when @Sebastian is claiming that it will be be significant “for the whole mobile music ecosystem” some kind of opening could be hoped for. Thats all. And againg, this might be pushing at bit..
    Sorry if this coukd be misinterpreted. I know absolutely nothing about the update.

• edited January 2018

Auxy is such a great app, flawed only by what it’s developers see as unviable economics. At least, when I last asked.

If Auxy had IAA, AU and Midi out, it would be among the best tools for IOS music makers. But the devs say that we are a very small part of their user base, and meaning no offence, devoting the time to add such features is considered not worth their while.

Such a pity, as I would love to buy an Auxy Pro version, plus quality sound packs. If asked to put a figure on that, I’d go up to twenty quid. I suspect many here would do the same. Alas, we are too few. :'(

• @Zen210507 said:
    Auxy is such a great app, flawed only by what it’s developers see as unviable economics. At least, when I last asked.

If Auxy had IAA, AU and Midi out, it would be among the best tools for IOS music makers. But the devs say that we are a very small part of their user base, and meaning no offence, devoting the time to add such features is considered not worth their while.

Such a pity, as I would love to buy an Auxy Pro version, plus quality sound packs. If asked to put a figure on that, I’d go up to twenty quid. I suspect many here would do the same. Alas, we are too few. :'(

Yep, dito.

• @Sebastian said:

Good stuff. I've never seen why they can't cater to us as well as the casual market they're chasing (which I think is a bit fly by night, but that's by the by...).

It's a shame because the UI of Auxy is so, so nice and the sounds are great. If the update includes stuff specifically for us to help the app become part of our workflow rather than a walled garden, then it has so much potential. Hopefully it will!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I've found that it's quite fun to work something up in Auxy, then export the parts into BM3 for further fun. The sounds are really good.

What is to export in Auxy - midi? Audio master? Stems?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@d4d0ug said:
    I've found that it's quite fun to work something up in Auxy, then export the parts into BM3 for further fun. The sounds are really good.

I tend to only export the Midi file which it does well (once you find where the button is :) ), but you can render to audio and also it will export the project as tracks/stems in a zip.

But, yeah, if the Seb-bot is saying that I'm even more all ears etc,

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Sebastian said:

Hmm I can’t even imagine how. Lenberg doesn’t seem keen at all to implement a lot of the midi, iaa, au stuff people ask for here so I wonder what new shit they have cooked up

• @db909 said:
    Hmm I can’t even imagine how. Lenberg doesn’t seem keen at all to implement a lot of the midi, iaa, au stuff people ask for here so I wonder what new shit they have cooked up

>

Let’s hope it is not literally shit, like some kind of social netwanking option.

• Video of hipster sitting on subway head bopping as he enters empty room where he gets out iPad

Next the room is filled with frolicking revelers smiling, hands in the air, the person with the iPad looks down.

AUXY

It is all AUXY.

AUXY made him a star.

AUXY

AUXY

A

U

X

Y

• @Sebastian said:

Well

Now I am interested.

Do tell......

B)

• So, hype is growing. I will not belive until I will see :)

• @MAtrixplan said:

@d4d0ug said:

I remember using Auxy to drive other apps.

Maybe they are back on that program.

IS THIS UPDATE FREE?

I have to say the IAP are such super high quality I have them all.

The keys and percussions are beautiful.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Video of hipster sitting on subway head bopping as he enters empty room where he gets out iPad

Next the room is filled with frolicking revelers smiling, hands in the air, the person with the iPad looks down.

AUXY

It is all AUXY.

AUXY made him a star.

AUXY

AUXY

A

U

X

Y

Fucking great

• @db909 said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Video of hipster sitting on subway head bopping as he enters empty room where he gets out iPad

AUXY

It is all AUXY.

AUXY made him a star.

AUXY

AUXY

A

U

X

Y

Fucking great

Thank you.

I thought so.

It is so predictable.

All of it anymore.

I wish I was impressed, surprised, or shocked more often.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@db909 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

AUXY

It is all AUXY.

AUXY made him a star.

AUXY

AUXY

A

U

X

Y

Fucking great

Thank you.

I thought so.

It is so predictable.

All of it anymore.

I wish I was impressed, surprised, or shocked more often.

I remember Korg made an ikaossilator promo when it came out for Android that had same head bopping hipster walk into the room and......

plop down on the couch and continue to finger his kaossilator. Lol at least that was somewhat a relatable experience