Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR16 for Beginners

2»

Comments

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there really no way to have an effects tail bleed from one pattern to the next?

Real musicians don't use effects.

Oh yes they do...

• I've imported a few samples into Gr-16 using "import from AudioShare". Each sample was successfully imported and is used by the pad it was imported to. But they don't show up in the list of User samples.

I want to use those samples in other presets but they don't show up in the sample list. Has anyone run into this?

• @espiegel123 said:
    I've imported a few samples into Gr-16 using "import from AudioShare". Each sample was successfully imported and is used by the pad it was imported to. But they don't show up in the list of User samples.

I want to use those samples in other presets but they don't show up in the sample list. Has anyone run into this?

When loading a sample from AudioShare directly to a pad, the sample gets stored in the 'internal sample cache' which isn't exposed in Files.app or iTunes File Sharing. This is so you can save and share user pattern banks without losing the samples. Also you can delete stuff from Files.app without losing your samples.

Also, when loading a sample from the Files.app, the copied sample gets stored in the pattern (the 'internal sample cache') and is no longer associated with the sample in the Files.app. But the original sample also stays in Files.app. You can safely delete it from the Files.app if you no longer need it.

So in your case, save the synth preset (Wave>Preset), and you can re-use the preset later. And in the future just dump samples into GR-16 Files.app folder if you want them to be available to use in the future. And delete them later once you've made your presets.

Page 23 and 25 of the manual

• @ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I've imported a few samples into Gr-16 using "import from AudioShare". Each sample was successfully imported and is used by the pad it was imported to. But they don't show up in the list of User samples.

When loading a sample from AudioShare directly to a pad, the sample gets stored in the 'internal sample cache' which isn't exposed in Files.app or iTunes File Sharing. This is so you can save and share user pattern banks without losing the samples. Also you can delete stuff from Files.app without losing your samples.

Also, when loading a sample from the Files.app, the copied sample gets stored in the pattern (the 'internal sample cache') and is no longer associated with the sample in the Files.app. But the original sample also stays in Files.app. You can safely delete it from the Files.app if you no longer need it.

So in your case, save the synth preset (Wave>Preset), and you can re-use the preset later. And in the future just dump samples into GR-16 Files.app folder if you want them to be available to use in the future. And delete them later once you've made your presets.

Page 23 and 25 of the manual

Great. Thanks for the info.

• I’m loving this app but I’ve hit a snag already after just naming all my parts and making a simple beat. What I wanted to do was copy the pattern to the next slot which I managed to do after pouring over the manual and videos! The various options are extensive but confusing I found. Anyhoo I hoped it would copy the names of the parts over as well and it doesn’t. Am I really going to have to rename all my parts on every pattern? Seriously?

• edited April 2020

@Tronlady said:
    I’m loving this app but I’ve hit a snag already after just naming all my parts and making a simple beat. What I wanted to do was copy the pattern to the next slot which I managed to do after pouring over the manual and videos! The various options are extensive but confusing I found. Anyhoo I hoped it would copy the names of the parts over as well and it doesn’t. Am I really going to have to rename all my parts on every pattern? Seriously?

BRB

• @RajahP said:

@Tronlady said:
    I’m loving this app but I’ve hit a snag already after just naming all my parts and making a simple beat. What I wanted to do was copy the pattern to the next slot which I managed to do after pouring over the manual and videos! The various options are extensive but confusing I found. Anyhoo I hoped it would copy the names of the parts over as well and it doesn’t. Am I really going to have to rename all my parts on every pattern? Seriously?

BRB

Hit ‘Write’ to Name the pattern... ‘Shift Write’ to rename, etc.

• edited April 2020

Thanks but I am talking about naming parts not patterns ! What I am saying is will I have to name the parts on every single pattern?

• Tried “paste pattern” today and it just worked so I don’t know what’s going on! Even the pad colours pasted 🤩 I swear it didn’t work when I first tried it? I actually think you have to press “WRITE” as soon as you’ve done it for it to work!!! At last now I can get crackin!

• @Tronlady said:
    Tried “paste pattern” today and it just worked so I don’t know what’s going on! Even the pad colours pasted 🤩 I swear it didn’t work when I first tried it? I actually think you have to press “WRITE” as soon as you’ve done it for it to work!!! At last now I can get crackin!

Great...

• edited April 2020

@Tronlady said:
    Tried “paste pattern” today and it just worked so I don’t know what’s going on! Even the pad colours pasted 🤩 I swear it didn’t work when I first tried it? I actually think you have to press “WRITE” as soon as you’ve done it for it to work!!! At last now I can get crackin!

Shift plus write plus “save to new” saves absolutely everything including names to the next empty pattern slot. It’s a total time saver, and you can even do it while the pattern is playing, even while you’re recording notes!

Also it was a feature suggested by yours truly way back in the beginning, you’re welcome. Used to have to do it the long way like you described, then there was a period of time where even when you saved it to the new slot, you had to wait for the current pattern to finish before it went to the new copied slot, but we fixed that and now it’s instant and smooth

Basically you can just hit save to new every time you make a change you are happy with until you fill up as many patterns as your heart desires

• Is there a way to search for a specific type of sound?

For example i want to hear every basedrum, or i'm searching for a pad.

Greetz Chris

• edited July 2022

@chq said:
    Is there a way to search for a specific type of sound?

For example i want to hear every basedrum, or i'm searching for a pad.

Greetz Chris

Hit the button named “WAVE” and a list will pop up in the left side of the main little display screen. Scroll down that list to see the different sound categories. Or you can hit “PRESET >” in that same display (top right) after you’ve hit “WAVE” to see lists of other preset sounds specific to the different genre banks (some of which need to be purchased as an IAP if you want to unlock their presets).

• Jeah, this is what i was searchin for!

Thank a lot.

Greetz Chris