Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 Left and Right cycle marker question.

Is there any way to get the L & R markers to appear at the part you are working on by tapping- or do you have to drag them all the way along? So if I was at bar 159 and the markers are at bar 5- I can get them quickly to 150.

Comments

• Longtap on the part to set the markers.

• to add at what @Samu said: the part has to be already selected to work reliably.

• Thanks - I'm working with very long single take pieces at a time though- and so I would want the markers to arrive at a particular part of the wav- in order that I can cycle and work on things at that part of it?

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks - I'm working with very long single take pieces at a time though- and so I would want the markers to arrive at a particular part of the wav- in order that I can cycle and work on things at that part of it?

Just add split points to the various sections you want to work in, then tap a particular section, then long hold that section and that will automatically set your loop markers

• That's super- thanks everyone- This all tells me that I really am nowhere near as clever as I thought I was! :)

• edited July 2020

I searched the Cubasis forum on Steinberg's site but found nothing on the subject so I checked the archives here. Sure as doggy doo I find a thread on it but the OP requests how to do what I am trying to be rid of...

Cubasis users probably know if you long press/ press & hold a region the R & L loop markers will jump to that point and loop the region.

While it sounds like a good feature it's extremely annoying if you didn't want a region you're editing to be looped! With the iOS Music Production format we're touching and tapping stuff all the time, and basic features like editing, moving regions, etc. require it.

When you've just trying to edit MIDI and tap the region or hold a region to move it, etc the loop markers immediately fly over to the area you're fiddling with, so you need to reset the markers back to where you WANT them. It just gets old real quick.

So if @LFS & the good folks at Steinberg could add an option to shut that feature on/off or if there's a solution I'm missing I'd appreciate getting schooled on it. I mean am I the only one that gets annoyed at this?

File under First World Problems for sure, but it is one of those things that can drive a man batshit. Be cool...

• @LFS - not @Lars
    Happens all the time. ;)

• @wim said:
    @LFS - not @Lars
    Happens all the time. ;)

People screwing the name up or the markers moving around? Lol

I appreciate it brother... changed it...

• @JRSIV said:
    I searched the Cubasis forum on Steinberg's site but found nothing on the subject so I checked the archives here. Sure as doggy doo I find a thread on it but the OP requests how to do what I am trying to be rid of...

Cubasis users probably know if you long press/ press & hold a region the R & L loop markers will jump to that point and loop the region.

While it sounds like a good feature it's extremely annoying if you didn't want a region you're editing to be looped! With the iOS Music Production format we're touching and tapping stuff all the time, and basic features like editing, moving regions, etc. require it.

When you've just trying to edit MIDI and tap the region or hold a region to move it, etc the loop markers immediately fly over to the area you're fiddling with, so you need to reset the markers back to where you WANT them. It just gets old real quick.

So if @LFS & the good folks at Steinberg could add an option to shut that feature on/off or if there's a solution I'm missing I'd appreciate getting schooled on it. I mean am I the only one that gets annoyed at this?

File under First World Problems for sure, but it is one of those things that can drive a man batshit. Be cool...

One thing I have done before is make a dummy track at the top near the timeline, and create empty clips to use as preset marker sets.
    I made some clips that corresponded to around 4 different spots that I had to keep switching to. Long pressing the empty clips made quickly moving the loop markers way more convenient.

In your case, you may need just one clip in the right place and the right length to quickly reset the loop region.

But yes, a lock on the region would be nice.

• @CracklePot said:
    One thing I have done before is make a dummy track at the top near the timeline, and create empty clips to use as preset marker sets.
    I made some clips that corresponded to around 4 different spots that I had to keep switching to. Long pressing the empty clips made quickly moving the loop markers way more convenient.

This is an excellent tip!

• @CracklePot thanks for that nice idea :smile:

• @Janosax said:
    @CracklePot thanks for that nice idea :smile:

Wow.never thought about this..great tip πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾

• If we keep devising these new techniques, Steinberg is not going to add these features to Cubasis because there are workarounds :neutral:

• edited July 2020

You can also long tap on the markers and drag them as-is to another location

• @mistercharlie @Janosax @Paa89
    Glad you find it useful. You’re welcome.
    πŸ€™πŸ»

• @MobileMusic said:
    If we keep devising these new techniques, Steinberg is not going to add these features to Cubasis because there are workarounds :neutral:

I am still on Cubasis 2, so I have to solve my own problems.
    They aren’t going to add any features to my version. I am just hopeful they keep on maintaining it for the near future (like if iOS 14 breaks it somehow).

• This trick even works with multi parts selection, just select parts, uncheck select tool, and hold parts: locators will be automatically placed on the timeline.

• Clever work around @CracklePot!

Because 9 times out of 10 I just want the markers to be set to the entire length of the song. That way when mixing, etc. the song just keeps looping. I can just set that marker track to house one region the length of the song so if when editing other regions and the markers move I can just hold the project length region real quick to put the loop markers back.

Good enough until Steinberg add a loop marker lock feature to the app...

• @Janosax said:
    This trick even works with multi parts selection, just select parts, uncheck select tool, and hold parts: locators will be automatically placed on the timeline.

Another great tip.thanks πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ€›πŸ½

• @mistercharlie said:

@CracklePot said:

This is an excellent tip!

...and it works even on the old v1.8.1 on iPad 1, good times when MIDI clock sync still worked in loop mode πŸ˜‡