Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank With N-Track Multi Track Recording Issue

DevDev
edited October 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi guys, I sent the following to N-Track earlier but it may be an issue with Audiobus.
I hope someone can help me:

Hello N-Track support. I've been having some major issues with your iPad app which have destroyed any sense of musical creativity and left me utterly frustrated.
However, only this morning on the train into work, I think I've narrowed down what may be causing my problems.
I started using N-Track as my Output in Audiobus with Sampletank as my Input. I then started MidiBridge, since am using a 1st generation Midi Mobilizer with an external keyboard.
Since I was having the issues I'm about to describe, I decided to take the Midi Mobilizer and external keyboard out of the equation to see if I get the same issues with the virtual keyboard in Sampletank and I do get the same issues.

So here is my problem:

I start up Sampletank, hit the Home button and then start up N-Track.
With both apps running, I start up Audiobus and select Sampletank as the Input and N-Track as the Output.
I then open N-Track and make sure I have a Midi track selected, I then open Sampletank, via the Audiobus snap-in.
I can then choose a voice in Sampletank and bring up the virtual keyboard and play some notes.
When I'm ready to record, I can use the Audiobus snap-in to choose the record button from the N-Track drop down with Sampletank displayed in the background.
I then hear the metronome and successfully record my track.
I then go into N-Track and create a new Midi track and make sure it's selected.
Now here's the problem, when I go into Sampletank, via the Audiobus snap-in, the virtual keyboard does not produce any sounds!!!
I go back into N-Track and have definitely created and have highlighted the new Midi track but Sampletank will not produce and sounds, whatsoever!
I noticed this morning though that if I close down N-Track, Sampletank and Audiobus and then start them all up again, my last save in N-track will obviously load and the Midi track I previously created and selected will now allow Sampletank to produce audio.
So currently, the only way I can create multiple tracks in N-Track for use with Sampletank is to close down all of my music apps and then start them up again.
Talk about killing one's musical creativity!!
I really, really hope that I've done something stupid and there's a simple setting that I'm not changing when creating a new Midi track.

Please can you help me since I paid for Sampletank with all it's great voices and N-track with the add in pack for additional Midi and bought all this so that I could write a song for my little girl's 1st birthday.

Regards, Dev.

Comments

• AB should be launched first, them launch the other apps from within AB. That will ensure buffers are set the same. I don't know if that will resolve your problem though.

• Hi Funjunkie, I've tried starting AB first and I still have the same issue.
    If I can't get this resolved, I'll revert to a solo piano piece and then look into getting a decent setup with a Mac shortly.
    Thanks for replying.

• You might want to use a different DAW on the iPad...if you have one. That could eliminate Sampletank from the equation.

• Probably a good idea mate :) Would be good if I knew of one that was 100% compatible with Sampletank and AB.
    N-Track have responded to my email and said that they're investigating for me.
    Will wait to hear from them before deciding what to do.

• I can't help much on that, since it blew Sampletank away due to the size. Good luck with it though.

• Check out Beatmaker 2. It works well w sample tank on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

• Thanks dj8. If it has multitrack DAW functionality, then that's all that I want.

• @Dev you should be set w/ BM2 for multitrack DAW work (audio and midi) working with SampleTank. Meteor may work well w/ this, too. I haven't really tried it w/ SampleTank. (Maybe someone else can weigh in on Meteor + SampleTank?

In general, I prefer to work w BM2.

More info re: BM2's features at:

http://intua.net/products/beatmaker2/

http://intua.net/forums/discussion/3863/beatmaker-2-5-is-now-available-