Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garage band sampler

In GB 2.0 we can drag an audio region to a sampler track. That's AWESOME. You can sample a note from your fav synth app and use it as a sampler instrument. It even imports into Logic as a sampler instrument.

What I don't understand is why they don't allow you to drag 3 or 4 regions from a drum loop to create a sampler drumkit. That would be mega awesome for me.

Comments

• Your not serious? Haa this is quite handy thanks for the tip. Didnt think of trying. :)

• Cool tip!

• It used to work before too, with Audiobus. It's in the release notes (the drag part).

But I don't see why you can't add multiple regions. would've been awesome, and GB would've been all I need to make music on the ipad.

• Interesting! That's really good to know! I don't really use Garageband anymore, but I'll never know when I might need to use it. :-)

• Tried it out ohhh yea that is quite handy :)