Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA COLLIDER - MIDI Hadron Collider

Comments

• This is becomming the most useful music app of all Time.

Brambos, do you have any plans on creating a simple live midi recorder?

• @brambos said:

@syrupcore said:
    The story, as discussed in a Particles thread, is "As a musician, I want to 'ground' the beautiful-mayhem/semi-randomness by highlighting certain notes so that I can create more specific/controlled musical ideas." Currently it requires adding a second sequencer. Not a hardship by any means but including the ability to highlight the root or root+V (or whatevs) directly within the sequence would be dreamy.

Interesting! So in short this is about assigning accents to specific notes within a scale, if I understand it correctly?

I think so, emphasising the root, third, fifth, seventh etc. would be very cool with different degrees or probabilities, so root is very strong, fifth = strong, third a little, something like that maybe.
    And for rhythm it would be great if there was a programmable gate as well that would for example allow only certain beats to play at all or make some more probable than others. And maybe set parts of the measure to preferably play eighth notes and another one sixteenths, triplets etc...

• @Enkerli said:

Got a bag full of feature requests, now. My main one would probably be support for microtuning

good idea, but technically it‘s better to do the microtuning in the sound generator, not in the sequencer. It would be very difficult to adapt every single synth to multichannel MIDI messages with pitch bend from the sequencer. Instead it is rather simple to use microtonal synths with ordinary sequencers and keyboards.

• Looks like another great addition to Rozeta :)

• @Phil999 said:

@Enkerli said:

Got a bag full of feature requests, now. My main one would probably be support for microtuning

good idea, but technically it‘s better to do the microtuning in the sound generator, not in the sequencer. It would be very difficult to adapt every single synth to multichannel MIDI messages with pitch bend from the sequencer. Instead it is rather simple to use microtonal synths with ordinary sequencers and keyboards.

Sounds like you are one more vote for making Ripplemaker tunable. And responsive to MPE so that it can be controlled by Geoshred. 12et only is so limiting.

• Personally I would like to restrict the range of Bassline’s random generator. Maybe as happens in Cells?

• @brambos said:

@syrupcore said:
    The story, as discussed in a Particles thread, is "As a musician, I want to 'ground' the beautiful-mayhem/semi-randomness by highlighting certain notes so that I can create more specific/controlled musical ideas." Currently it requires adding a second sequencer. Not a hardship by any means but including the ability to highlight the root or root+V (or whatevs) directly within the sequence would be dreamy.

Interesting! So in short this is about assigning accents to specific notes within a scale, if I understand it correctly?

Yes, exactly that. That way you could, say, set the scale to pentatonic and the key to D and instead of a randomish collection of notes in that scale all sounding equally, you could accentuate the D or the G or whatever to sort of musically "ground" the mayhem (which is what this is actually about).

Priority and implementation is up to you, obviously (haven't let us down yet!); the idea above was just a suggestion for one way to do it without the app(s) needing to know anything about the currently available notes—just the active scale intervals. Setting specific particles or hadrons to a specific note and accent could be cool but setting it based on the scale intervals seems more inline with the spirit of these two sequencers. Plus, hopefully anyway, the same method/UI could be used as new generative Roseta sequencers come to life.

• Come to think of it, it could be the same basic UI already used for randomization targets in Rhythm with the addition of a slider for velocity. And, that same UI could be extended back to Rhythm where the slider sets the intensity of the randomization. Go crazy on the hats, go mellow on the kick...

• edited January 2018

Almost ready. Doing stress tests now.

I like the accent idea posted above, but I'm moving that a bit further down the roadmap because I need to investigate if/how to best incorporate it into the existing code.

• @brambos said:
    Almost ready. Doing stress tests now.

I like the accent idea posted above, but I'm moving that a bit further down the roadmap because I need to investigate if/how to best incorporate it into the existing code.

We’re ready! :smiley:

• Satanic Sequencer opens gates of creativity................

waitwut.

Will my iPad make music that will contact aliens or demons?

• @RUST( i )K said:

Only when you tune your synths to 432Hz.

• @brambos said:

@RUST( i )K said:

:D

• @brambos said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Rozetta means "Rapture" in Sumerian..............

I saw drawings on cave walls depicting this app!

OH NO

• I'm colliding my hadrons! Wooooh!!!

• @gusgranite said:
    I'm colliding my hadrons! Wooooh!!!

Yes it's out! Happy collisions!

• @brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

I am going to open the gates of hell in my studio tonight!

• ALBALB
    edited January 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

I am going to open the gates of hell in my studio tonight!

Plus 10,000 collisions!

• edited January 2018

@brambos Rozeta - a more like Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle would place more probability on certain notes and less on others... think of a “Bell Curve” :smile:

Nice btw.

• Not sure what's wrong, but if I load Collider in AUM then the dots don't move (yes, they're set to Auto) , but the Particles ones still do. If I load Collider in Audiobus3, they do move (I just don't know how to wire it to anything).

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Not sure what's wrong, but if I load Collider in AUM then the dots don't move (yes, they're set to Auto) , but the Particles ones still do. If I load Collider in Audiobus3, they do move (I just don't know how to wire it to anything).

You need to press play in the AUM transport to start Collider. Not sure why Particles is different.

• @gusgranite said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    Not sure what's wrong, but if I load Collider in AUM then the dots don't move (yes, they're set to Auto) , but the Particles ones still do. If I load Collider in Audiobus3, they do move (I just don't know how to wire it to anything).

You need to press play in the AUM transport to start Collider. Not sure why Particles is different.

Doh! :facepalm:

Lesson: don't try to multitask new music apps while trying to also work.

• Beautiful thing, thanks!

• Nice, working well here.

• edited January 2018

Bram Bos - the gift that keeps on giving, all the way through Epiphany!

Felice Epifania a tutti!

• @brambos, Bravo!
    Got Collider working immediately and working quite well I may add!

Thank you for another fine product

• @brambos rozeta is no doubts one of the most impressive things to happen in ios production in its evolution. Massive kudos, thanks and respect to you. Hugely forward thinking tools. Excited to see the suite develop.

• This is my favorite one yet, other than the indispensable bassline for utility purposes.