Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Massive Threads Preferred?

Hello all,
I hope you are having a wonderful wrap up to 2017.

I have a quick question. I noticed that one of the threads that I was following has nearly 600 replies in it. What started as an announcement for the Groove Rider App has turned into a feedback, tutorial, communication channel. I find this format of dumping everything into a single thread really hard to follow, especially when trying to find specific information. I was curious to know if others feel this way as well, or if this format has been requested by the admins? If I want to ask specific questions is it better to do it in that massive thread, or start a new one? Still pretty new around here, so wanted to make sure I was following etiquette.

Thanks for the great community. This is one of the most civil message boards I am a part of.
:smiley:
All the best in the new year.

Comments

• Agreed. However having used quite a lot of different forums, i can see that this is something quite hard to handle. I think where this AB forum is a special place is how many sub categories for discussion there are(and how they are laid out due to quite narrow range of discussion on the forum), if visiting this place daily looking at all categories is likely the best view, without there being a big possibility of missing posts because they go to second page before you see them. However if someone makes a post and it doesent get posts a lot, there is a big possibility for the topic to slip to next page and get abandoned. So if for example there were 3 topics for groove rider, there would be a large possibility for one of them to slip through whats mostly viewed and people would start to easily post offtopic posts(that should really go to another groove rider topic) to ones on sight. I dont see this being any better than having one massive topic.

This forum would need to change quite a lot for this problem to get properly tackled. However it could also bring new issues, because the way the whole forum is setup now is suited for its size perfectly at the moment, but comes with this problem. If there were lets say 2 or 3 times the users and new posts, then i think the structure of the forum should be more divided to sub categories and would also help with this issue.

• I think (me, me, me) that the forum is some kind of weird example of natural selection, but the one thing that would help tremendously as regards digging out the nuggets when you need them would be improved search functionality....

• Isn't there a thread for this already?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I think (me, me, me) that the forum is some kind of weird example of natural selection, but the one thing that would help tremendously as regards digging out the nuggets when you need them would be improved search functionality....

Amen to that. The search is not working very well at all.

• @Munibeast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I think (me, me, me) that the forum is some kind of weird example of natural selection, but the one thing that would help tremendously as regards digging out the nuggets when you need them would be improved search functionality....

Amen to that. The search is not working very well at all.

There is a google site specification syntax thingy that can help....

"chordflow site:forum.audiob.us"

• Personally I prefer one long thread to a lot of smaller ones talking about the same thing.

• LOL I think the BM3 thread was the biggest all time thread here.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    LOL I think the BM3 thread was the biggest all time thread here.

I know, and I felt like a proud grandfather seeing it explode, but now, long after the dust has settled, I'm trying to learn the app and while I know there must be all sorts of good and learned stuff in there I haven't got the heart to start plodding through it....

• I much prefer thread per question. I have to be really really interested in the app/subject to make it through the 8+ pagers. I usually just ignore them after a certain point because the signal:noise ratio invariably seems to go off the rails, questions get completely lost... And yeah, totally breaks any hope of search!

• Search is vastly improved lately, not what it used to be (which was crap). I don’t mind searching now, whereas I used to dread the futility.

• Yes threads are too long and disorganized, the studiomux thread has 3+ conversations going on at once. Using search will only dump you into the middle of the confusion. There is also a problem with people bumping threads that are months old instead of starting a new one. Ill be reading a new thread about problems with an app then realized they were fixed a year ago and the thread was bumped.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

It’s all the same to me. Either you have to find the right thread in a mass of threads then the post, or just find the post in a mass of posts. Both are equally unmanageable without robust search.

Trying to enforce structure is probably impossible. I do think we all should try to avoid thread hijacking as much as possible when the tread is about a specific question.

• @wim said:
    Trying to enforce structure is probably impossible. I do think we all should try to avoid thread hijacking as much as possible when the tread is about a specific question.

Yes, I agree. How do you load custom samples into Thumbjam though?

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    Sunvox

wtf dude

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AudioGus said:

@wim said:
    Sunvox

wtf dude

Disgrace.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:
    Sunvox

wtf dude

Disgrace.

Srsly.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

Sry.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.