Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Roland JV1080 vst?!

edited December 2017 in Other

At long last, it has happened. They finally ported the JV1080. Issue is, they released it on their subscription service only. I don’t think I’ve tried Roland Cloud yet, so I can get away with a 30-day trial and sample the hell out of it in FL Studio. ;)

Comments

• What is this Roland cloud you speak of?

• Kind of like Adobe Cloud, but with Roland vst instruments.

Huh, it does look like they allow a rent-to-own loyalty program. You get one of their instruments of your choice for every year you’re subscribed to their cloud service...not a bad incentive really, lol.

• cool. I’ll be checking it out on the Google.

• Now this is one subscription model I’m not opposed to because, as I said, they have a loyalty program. It doesn’t even need to be 12 consecutive months as they simply add up. Unreal. A subscription model I’m not opposed to. :D Thought I’d never see the day.

• I have to admit, other then for nostalgia sake, I don’t know why people are excited about this given the plethora of improved options we have today. It’s like getting excited about a plug in version of an Alesis MIDI verb. (Ok, maybe the QuadraVerb)

No offense if that’s your thing, just hard for me to understand. It was cool then for sure, but seems a bit limiting today.

• @Tarekith said:
    I have to admit, other then for nostalgia sake, I don’t know why people are excited about this given the plethora of improved options we have today. It’s like getting excited about a plug in version of an Alesis MIDI verb. (Ok, maybe the QuadraVerb)

No offense if that’s your thing, just hard for me to understand. It was cool then for sure, but seems a bit limiting today.

Well, I’ve always wanted to have a JV1080, and now I could have one. 12 months subscribed, and I get it permanently. ;)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Tarekith said:
    I have to admit, other then for nostalgia sake, I don’t know why people are excited about this given the plethora of improved options we have today. It’s like getting excited about a plug in version of an Alesis MIDI verb. (Ok, maybe the QuadraVerb)

Well, I’ve always wanted to have a JV1080, and now I could have one. 12 months subscribed, and I get it permanently. ;)

Does that come with the expansion cards?

• If i remember right its just monosamples, isnt it?

• I still have an xv1080 are they the same?

• @Sbee said:
    I still have an xv1080 are they the same?

No, very similar but the JV range came before it.

• edited December 2017

I wouldn’t object to this for IOS! Come on Roland!

• XV1080 can layer samples not sure about JV

• Sorry what I have is the XV 5080

• A JV1080 without any expansions?
    The best sounds I frequently use are from JV/SRX expansions. I guess the're planning to re-monetize every previous product step by step ;)

• It looks like the original had 448 waveforms, and the plugin has well over 1000. I’m guessing these would be the expansion sounds, but I’m not sure just yet. I have the 30 day free trial started, and so I’ll be digging out my crappy laptop and giving this a go. ;)

• edited December 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    It looks like the original had 448 waveforms, and the plugin has well over 1000. I’m guessing these would be the expansion sounds, but I’m not sure just yet. I have the 30 day free trial started, and so I’ll be digging out my crappy laptop and giving this a go. ;)

Interesting. 1083 pcm waves sounds more like the XV rack series.
    You're welcome to keep us informed :)

• @rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    It looks like the original had 448 waveforms, and the plugin has well over 1000. I’m guessing these would be the expansion sounds, but I’m not sure just yet. I have the 30 day free trial started, and so I’ll be digging out my crappy laptop and giving this a go. ;)

Interesting. 1083 pcm waves sounds more like the XV rack series.
    You're welcome to keep us informed :)

LOL, and it sounds like this “JV1080” has some of the XV functions too. I’m guessing Roland decided to rebrand the XV, because EVERYBODY knows what the JV sounds like due to mid to late 90s dance tracks.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I’m guessing Roland decided to rebrand the XV, because EVERYBODY knows what the JV sounds like due to mid to late 90s dance tracks.

That's exactly what I've thought too ;)

• Would be cool as an AUv3 on iOS but apparently Roland is 'Up In The Clouds' and has no plans on getting back to the ground...

• I do wonder if it also includes the SR-JV80-6?(Dance Expansion).

(I'm a big fan of Paolo / Synthmania).

• Actually, if Roland would just open up the Sound Canvas app so that we can fully edit it (as much as it could be edited) and I’d be happy.

• Those expansion cards were mind-blowing at the time. Weren't they?! My favorite Expansion was the Vintage Synth Expansion Board, through a JD-990. A friend let me borrow his loaded 990 for a month, and it was the greatest thing I had ever heard circa-1994 :smiley:

Def see the appeal of the 1080. Suspect there's quite a few people here (myself included) who would rather use a JV1080 on a track than Roland's newer INTEGRA-7.

Looking forward to hearing any music folks make with it here!

• @PhilW said:
    Actually, if Roland would just open up the Sound Canvas app so that we can fully edit it (as much as it could be edited) and I’d be happy.

They did that with the 'Desktop' version of SoundCanvas VA (Ie. tweak drum-kits & sounds and all effects/routings).

• So, after firing up my laptop at about 10am, I’m STILL waiting for windows updates to finish installing. It’s only been about 3-4 weeks since I last fired it up. And people wonder why I hate Windows PCs. :D

• The D70 started the line, then the JV80, then the JV1080 etc, Roland increased the spec for the XV line that followed on afterwards.

• @analog_matt said:
    Those expansion cards were mind-blowing at the time. Weren't they?! My favorite Expansion was the Vintage Synth Expansion Board, through a JD-990. A friend let me borrow his loaded 990 for a month, and it was the greatest thing I had ever heard circa-1994 :smiley:

Def see the appeal of the 1080. Suspect there's quite a few people here (myself included) who would rather use a JV1080 on a track than Roland's newer INTEGRA-7.

I still use these expansions regularly.
    The Integra-7 contains almost all those wonderful JV and SRX expansions, dare to explain why you'd prefer the Jv1080 over it?

• I'm currently trying out Roland Cloud too. Downloaded their fancy multisampled Tera piano that comes with it as well as the JV1080 and found that I liked the piano sounds on the 1080 better which was pretty funny to me.

• @SlowMotion said:
    I'm currently trying out Roland Cloud too. Downloaded their fancy multisampled Tera piano that comes with it as well as the JV1080 and found that I liked the piano sounds on the 1080 better which was pretty funny to me.

I never liked the piano, but hey, if it floats your boat. :)

• I gave it a try, and it’s shocking how many sounds are so eerily familiar to me. No, seriously, I grew up listening to eurodance cheese when I was in my late single digits/preteen years, and while 90% of eurocheese is “meh” to me these days (with about 5-10% of that being super cringy), I’m still shocked at how many of the sounds I immediately recognise. :smiley:

• edited December 2017

I had two of them when I still had a hardware studio. So amazing. What they did with the limited resources and a few samples was astonishing. All thanks to incredibly intricate programming and per-patch FX setups... if anyone put the same amount of effort into synth patches with today's computing power, you would become 5-dimensional upon hearing it! ;)