Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diifferent Drummer on sale!! over 75% off original price

edited October 2013 in General App Discussion

I've looked at this for a while, but wasn't about to pay $150

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/different-drummer/id525272276

Is it worth $25 in the opinion of anyone who has it??

thanks

Comments

• I'd say it's getting there. I don't own it, but based on examples I've listened to, it's more interesting if you add your own samples, especially chordal and melodic ones, and use them to build up ambient and rhythmic textures for backing. It's still not terribly well suited to highly structured or detailed compositions due to its algorithmic approach, but that's the nature of such things.

• I bought it the last time it was on sale and unfortunately I'm disappointed with it and funny enough
    It's not actually the app I'm disappointed with It's the name.
    The name implies you are getting what traditionally is recognised as a drum machine but with a unique twist,when what you actually get is Sound design tool with midi capability.
    Attempting to creat traditional type beats with a unique twist is very difficult with this and it's mainly because of having to learn this new wave control that it uses to generate patterns.

I love sound design tools and I believe this should have been marketed as such and calling it Different Drummer makes me feel I have been some how deceived.

• I have it and love it, however it does take some time to get to the point where you can control it, rather than have the app influence the direction. The reason I like it so much though is that once you get to the point of understanding it, it is easy to allow the app to control parts while you control other parts. It yields some very interesting and different rhythms and melodies. Having midi and custom samples in the mix gives you the ability to have those rhythms and melodies drive anything you can imagine. Also, the dev has updated this many times since inception, and the app has greatly improved. If you're willing/able to put in the time to learn it, I'd highly recommend getting it.

• Here's a sampling of what I've done with it....

• Wasn't like 300 bucks originally?

• I also like it and yes traditional things are more difficult but I hate this argument, it's different and unique for sure, if it only did traditional rhythms then it'd be more of the same with drum apps. There are a tons of other drum apps that do traditional rhythms. That said I do like it and it does have a learning curve but it's really neat the way the waves work and affect things

• Wow, impressive... if you read the pdf documentation... very cool features!!!!

• Seems interesting but the pricing scheme is ridiculous and i haven't found many useful tutorials about what it can really do. I'm always looking for creative drum apps but this one would have to have a demo/trial version or be significantly cheaper for me to dive in.