Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Seen any good movies lately?

During the holidays, friends and family often watch movies together and talk about them. Have you seen any good movies recently or have any been recommended to you?

I think it would be cool to get some international perspective on this.

Wind River is the best movie I've seen in a while. It's a dark, suspenseful thriller.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wind_river_2017

Comments

• I've been looking some Game Of Throwns.
    Not a movie, just a series. And not brand new, but entertaining,

• Yeah, that was definitely a good one. We watched Captain Fantastic last night, really enjoyed that one.

• @Tarekith said:
    Yeah, that was definitely a good one. We watched Captain Fantastic last night, really enjoyed that one.

I liked that one, too, but my expectations were a little too high based on the reviews. I can imagine it being surprisingly good if you hadn't heard of it.

• edited December 2017

Doing a Jeff Nichols/Michael Shannon binge: Midnight Special, Take Shelter, Shotgun Stories

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Michael Shannon

I still need to see that hitman movie he did. I just saw he's in something new coming out, but I can't remember what. He's a choice actor for playing villains and bad-asses, for sure.

• I watched a very good Aussie sci fi thriller called OtherLife recently.

• edited December 2017

@telecharge said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Michael Shannon

I still need to see that hitman movie he did. I just saw he's in something new coming out, but I can't remember what. He's a choice actor for playing villains and bad-asses, for sure.

The Jeff Nichols movies he is in are amazing given that villainous/badass face of his: each movie of these 3 are working with and against that type, he’s alternately scary and heartbreaking.

• Arrival. Another good movie that was a lot better than I was expecting.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Doing a Jeff Nichols/Michael Shannon binge: Midnight Special, Take Shelter, Shotgun Stories

I watched a clip of Michael Shannon covering "Ghost Rider" with Yo La Tengo the other day. He did a pretty good job of it.

• I've been binge-watching Elizabeth Montgomery and Brian Dennehy TV movies lately. Yeah, I have odd tastes...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I've been binge-watching Elizabeth Montgomery and Brian Dennehy TV movies lately. Yeah, I have odd tastes...

E Montgomery: queen of my dreams (I was a preteen in the 60s)

• My favourite movie is Midnight Express. I also liked Fargo/ A Simple Plan/ Dial M for Murder/ The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Insomnia (2002)

• @robosardine said:
    My favourite movie is Midnight Express. I also liked Fargo/ A Simple Plan/ Dial M for Murder/ The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Insomnia (2002)

Based on that, I think you will like Wind River. :)

• edited December 2017

@telecharge said:

@robosardine said:
    My favourite movie is Midnight Express. I also liked Fargo/ A Simple Plan/ Dial M for Murder/ The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Insomnia (2002)

It looks cool, Jeremy Renner is a favorite

• @Littlewoodg said:
    It looks cool, Jeremy Renner is a fabirite

+1, but I've heard some awful good burns about his Avengers character and his Bourne movie. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.

• edited December 2017

In theater, the last good one I watched was 'Murder on the orient express' from Kenneth Branagh. And yesterday, at home, I watched 'Mark Felt' with Liam Neeson. Very good movie about 'deep throat' and the Watergate crisis. The photography is amazing in both.

• If you haven't seen "Get Out" I recommend that one. Pretty weird plot for horror/suspense. For a funny feelgood movie I recommend "Hunt for the Wilderpeople". That one is a New Zealand movie from the guy who directed Thor:Ragnarok. You will see where the humor came from if you liked Thor.

• Just finished watching "The Disaster Artist" and really enjoyed it. Obviously, not as entertaining as "The Room", but it is still pretty Wisseauriffic!

• @telecharge said:

@robosardine said:

Thanks for that- I’ve had a look and it’s certainly one I’m interested in watching- it does seem to be right up my street- cheers

• The Big Sick, I enjoyed that one. The last Jedi was as far from a good movie as I've ever seen, which makes me sad because I was wearing star wars sneakers to the theater (on pre-opening night). To each their own, the rest of my family liked it.

Hired gun was a cool music documentary as well.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Watched Dunkirk last night. Seemed like a well-shot but incomplete TV docu-drama. Don't understand all the hype, and Chris Nolan is my favorite director.

Totally how I felt. Aspects of it seemed barren and untouched that did not need to be. The town was totaled in real life yet it barely looked touched in the movie. It could have made for a much more intense backdrop. Instead it almost gave the impression that the army had a flat and was waiting for road side assistance.

• @AudioGus said:

@StudioES said:
    Watched Dunkirk last night. Seemed like a well-shot but incomplete TV docu-drama. Don't understand all the hype, and Chris Nolan is my favorite director.

Totally how I felt. Aspects of it seemed barren and untouched that did not need to be. The town was totaled in real life yet it barely looked touched in the movie. It could have made for a much more intense backdrop. Instead it almost gave the impression that the army had a flat and was waiting for road side assistance.

Yeah I didn't get the hype of Dunkirk. It only seemed like 5-6000 men on that beach instead of 30,000+. Also the beach felt too "clean" There's a scene in the movie Atonement that recreates Dunkirk waaay better I thought. Here's the link - it's a great scene - all done in 1 shot!!

• @Halftone said:

@AudioGus said:

@StudioES said:

Yeah I didn't get the hype of Dunkirk. It only seemed like 5-6000 men on that beach instead of 30,000+. Also the beach felt too "clean" There's a scene in the movie Atonement that recreates Dunkirk waaay better I thought. Here's the link - it's a great scene - all done in 1 shot!!

Sweet, thanks for the link, I will have to add this one to the queue.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2017

Wind River is a new one I really liked, starring Jeremy Renner.

Mostly been watching older movies lately that I missed out on. The horror movie "The Descent" was excellent , along with its entertaining sequel. Loved the 3 part mini-series The Hatfields & McCoys, starring Kevin Costner -- one of his best since Dancing with Wolves IMO.

I don't watch as much TV or movies as I used to but I'm looking forward to an upcoming indie release called "Time Trap" ...Looks fun. Also for a family-friendly movie, recently watched & loved "The Last mimzy"

• @Halftone said:

@AudioGus said:

@StudioES said:

I haven't seen the movie, but the "Dunkirk section" of the novel is made of fantastic writing. Absolutely compelling.

• Loved Lady Bird. One of the best I've seen in a while. The Disaster Artist was really good too. Both had tremendous acting.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Halftone said:

@AudioGus said:

@StudioES said:

I haven't seen the movie, but the "Dunkirk section" of the novel is made of fantastic writing. Absolutely compelling.

Fine book, but then he's a fine writer...