Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to Loopy HD...Help?

I finally picked up Loopy HD based on stellar reviews, but (and I apologize for the super newbie question), how do I record audio from other apps into it?

The latest scenario I tried was having StepPolyArp triggering a sequence with Nave's sounds. When I load Loopy, I enable input/output from StepPolyArp and turn "background audio" on. Whenever I select a circle in Loopy, it spins and spins but no audio from the app is coming through. I wasn't able to find an actual manual for Loopy so what do I need to do to get audio from other apps recorded/looped?

Comments

• Hi.
    Checkout this, a little bit old, but it was usefull to me:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/review-2/review-loopy-for-ios

• edited October 2013

You'll need an app called Audiobus. It enables recording between apps. It costs 10 bucks, but worth it. The only other option for recording between apps is new and called inter app audio which is free but not all apps support it. Loopy doesn't support that currently. Audiobus is widely adopted (click the apps tab above to see what works as input and output.) Confusingly, input means Audiobus input, and output means an app will record from Audiobus. Effects work in between. Get it and Loopy will record from any "input" app. And you'll be a part of a pretty cool eco system and be supporting two great devs. Good luck!

• Also StepPolyArp is solely handling MIDI to trigger Nave's sound so you would need to record Nave into Loopy via Audiobus, not StepPolyArp since the actual audio is coming from Nave