Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Freemium. Four $0.99 IAPs to unlock the whole thing (create save presets, use and create scales, record AudioCopyPaste etc). But still, you get quite a lot for free here. Fun "little" app :)

• Anybody heard this one yet? I'll hafta wait until tonight?

• @ChrisG are you having trouble changing the BPMs and steps?

• edited October 2013

Not changing it, getting exact values on the other hand....Slide your finger horizontally on the bpm, and it kinda starts increase/decrease after a sec. Dunno it's a weird implementation

The steps? I've just painted out dots at random while trying it out, and that worked fine

• I was talking about changing the number of steps with the arrows next to the BPMs. I've played with it a little and have to slide and hold it down for it to change. Gotta be a bug. I'm sue that's not normal.

• Sent Dev a email. I'll post here with response.

• Ah ok. Yea it behaves just like the bpm, gotta slide and the longer away from it the faster the value changes. A more precise slide mechanic would definitely be welcome.

• Here's the Devs response.

Hi mgmg4871,
    Thanks for your kind words and feedback.

The way these controls currently work is following: you touch down on the control and slide your finger to the side (outside the actual control). The further you slide, the faster the value changes.
    Now I have to agree that this is not really smart and intuitive. I'm planning to address this issue in an update.

If you have any ideas for me to consider, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Yuri

• Luv this thing.

• I think it's not bad how the tempo change is implemented. For the first time it may be a bit strange, but after short time I had no problems with it. It's quite smart actually how it's done. Like the rest of the app.

What I can imagine is to add a tap tempo option.

• This app is the business. Download and try it now, it's free!

• Is the algorithmic pattern morphing musical?

• Digging this app....really cool...Still haven't figured out how to clear all the notes/pads all at once ..is it even possible ? ..also a Random feature would be cool...but the morphing feature is super great and it has some nice possibilities

• It needs a clear all feature but I did figure out if you tap to clear a note and don't pickup your finger afterwards you can drag around all over and it will only clear notes without inserting new ones. So this makes it easier

• Shake to clear, it needs a reset button. But it's still the dogs b@!"&0):s!

• Ahh yeah forgot about that

• best new app for a long while...really inspirational...hope you continue developing it yuri ....sincere thanks.(buy the iapsfolks - definitely worth it)

• Dev will consider importing own samples.

Hi Morris,

I'll definitely give it a thought. Xynthesizr wasn't really meant to be about sample playback, it was meant to be about audio synthesis, but i'll think of a way to merge both.

• That would be a nice add!

• nice app... I bought all in-app.. but I would really like a little more fx and tweakability inside the app, and with more presets !!!

• edited October 2013

I wouldn't mind being able to use the thing as a virtual midi sequencer.

• @smeeth:
    I wouldn't mind being able to use the thing as a virtual midi sequencer.

Yes, this would great!

• Love it! Works great on my aging iPhone 3GS. Its supposedly iPad compatible but I've had no luck installing it on iPad, because it won't show up in iTunes as an iPad app, even though the app store says its iPad compatible. Is it because I'm still using IOS 6?

• Switch to iPhone apps in the App Store, and then you should see it.

• ^ but I don't want to install it on iPhone. I want it on my iPad

• edited October 2013

Sorry, double post - got an XML error so I assume the first post didn't make it

• You can still download it on your iPad but it's an iPhone only app it's just up scaled to fit iPad

• If an app is made for the iPhone but iPad compatible, the app will appear under iPhone apps. Just download it to your iPad, and it should work fine.

• Oh you must be talking about App Store on the iPad itself. My normal routine is to download the app on my computer, then sync the iPad to it. I've found that it takes 10x as long to sync iDevice to computer if I download directly to the device then sync. Ok, I'll try it the other way...