Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Struggling with Multitracking into Cubasis from AUM

Spent some time with AUM (Rozetta sequencers!) and really love the workflow for jamming out ideas.
My goal is to jam something out in AUM and then record it to Cubasis, rinse and repeat for each track.

I can setup audio tracks in Cubasis that listen to external ports from AUM so I can get the audio just fine.

I can see the Cubasis transport controls (play, record) in the AUM channel, however I still need to manually hit record & start for each track and then hit play in AUM to actually get audio. There must be a way for AUM to send a start recording message to all Cubasis tracks, I just can not figure out what magic incantation to make it work.

Should I have the Cubasis transport (start/record) trigger the AUM transport or the other way around?

I tried setting them both up in AB and then using the AB transport/remote, but that will start playing both at the same time but not the recording. There also doesn't seem like a way to arm Cubasis (record & pause) so that a start command will start recording.

I've tried many variations of things but I think I'm missing something fundamental about how AUM is working. I've heard that adding Loopy into the mix can help but I'm not 100% sure what that chain should look like.

If anyone has gotten this working or can lead me down the right path, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Comments

• Any luck with this one? I'm struggling with the same problem.

• You could just try using mix busses and record into AUM.

Until Cubasis gets Link it's a bit frustrating.

• edited February 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    You could just try using mix busses and record into AUM.

This. Just record in aum and import the stems into cubasis for further edits. Aum automatically saves all it's clips inside audioshare. It even renames each clip via the track name.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

This. Just record in aum and import the stems into cubasis for further edits. Aum automatically saves all it's clips inside audioshare. It even renames each clip via the track name.

I endorse this message.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Thanks for the tip. This means that I actually have to have the Audioshare app, right?

• edited February 2018

@lasselu said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Thanks for the tip. This means that I actually have to have the Audioshare app, right?

You'll be glad that you did. But no.

You can bus multiple tracks from AUM into one. Then using the file player you can play your recording and record that into Cubasis if you want. You might just be able to use the open in feature to move your tracks to Cubasis. But if you had AudioShare you could do all that much faster.

• edited February 2018

@lasselu said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Yes. It's a sin that you don't own it already.

All joking aside the convenience it adds is totally worth the cost of entry.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

Yes. It's a sin that you don't own it already.

All joking aside the convenience it adds is totally worth the cost of entry.

But...but...the wife will never allow it... :)
    No seriously, just bought it, thanks for the help.

• You can record into AUM without Audioshare and then open the recording in Cubasis. But Audioshare makes everything a lot more convenient.

• Thanks for the tips! I was hoping for a better workflow so I decided to go all in with BM3 and love it.
    Once Cubasis gets Link & Link get transport control(!!) I might revisit.

• Ok, all of this, thank you, but is anyone aware of how to get reverb/delay/etc tails to record into audioshare? Thing is, sometimes when i hit stop on AUM, weird things i want to record happen. Also trying to multitrack all of this.