Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Groove Rider GR-16 Track

Just started playing with the excellent Groove Rider GR-16 today , then added @brambos, TroubleMaker, & Patterening. Then sprinkled some vocals on top into Cubasis. Here it is enjoy, & Merry Christmas everybody. ;)

Comments

• @studs1966 said:
    Just started playing with the excellent Groove Rider GR-16 today , then added @brambos, TroubleMaker, & Patterening. Then sprinkled some vocals on top into Cubasis. Here it is enjoy, & Merry Christmas everybody. ;)

• Loved that! Right up my street, uplifting housey type stuff that always makes me want to get up and dance. Just one problem, a man my age can’t dance non-stop for nigh on 5 minutes. Just one break in the middle would’ve been welcome :p

• Also, you’ve just cost me £9.99!

• @Beathoven said:
    Loved that! Right up my street, uplifting housey type stuff that always makes me want to get up and dance. Just one problem, a man my age can’t dance non-stop for nigh on 5 minutes. Just one break in the middle would’ve been welcome :p

:D

• @Beathoven said:
    Also, you’ve just cost me £9.99!

I know that feeling..... I've now again promised "Tiny Tim" that he get his new crouches next year instead...... :D

• Divvy question, but how do you structure songs with only 4 bars?

• @JangoMango said:
    Divvy question, but how do you structure songs with only 4 bars?

You can chain patterns together so as long as you don’t have elements crossing the 4 bar boundary you can have some flexibility.

• edited December 2017

this limitation is also in electribe and it's a pity...

old Korg EMX had 8 bars which was much mucch MUCH better.. almost all Electribe users are complaining about this 4 bars limit...

i was secretly hoping that grooverider will improve this electribe disadvantage...

maybe one day would @jimpavloff develop some solution to double number of bars (maybe 1 - constant light , 2 same button but blinking, and so on..)... it would be awesome ..

• edited December 2017

@InfoCheck said:

You can chain patterns together so as long as you don’t have elements crossing the 4 bar boundary you can have some flexibility.

chaining patterns is not same like having longer pattern, this was discussed on electribe facebook group a lot... there is lot roblems, if you want use chaining like solution for too short patterm, it is not much useable solution for live performance..(for example cuted reverb/delay tails on end of pattern or jumpimg all knob valus to state like they are saved in next pattern in chain which makes live tweakin basically impossible)

• is there a way to remove automation that was recorded ?

• Beautiful housy groove mate. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

• @echoopera said:
    Beautiful housy groove mate. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome. This has sooooo much potential to evolve, whereas iSpark was Meh!........ If @jimpavloff to work on this(like he did with Poison 202)...... this could evolve into from of Roland MC 909...... to a degree...... I hope he does in time?........ If it became an AU Unit, it would take it to the next level........ Imagine having 4 Groove Riders GR 16 running at the same time via Link?....... Anyway, we'll see?....... o:)

• @dendy said:

old Korg EMX had 8 bars which was much mucch MUCH better.. almost all Electribe users are complaining about this 4 bars limit...

i was secretly hoping that grooverider will improve this electribe disadvantage...

maybe one day would @jimpavloff develop some solution to double number of bars (maybe 1 - constant light , 2 same button but blinking, and so on..)... it would be awesome ..

+1 miss my old MX-SD. Please up the limit!! :) Just add more buttons

• @Telengard said:

@dendy said:

+1 miss my old MX-SD. Please up the limit!! :) Just add more buttons

I think he may? It's only just been released. I'm looking forward(after the Xmas Hols) in what's coming next(judging in what he did to Poison-202)....... :)

• @eross said:
    is there a way to remove automation that was recorded ?

Enter>Utils>Clear Part Automation

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@eross said:
    is there a way to remove automation that was recorded ?

Enter>Utils>Clear Part Automation

thanks

• how do i rename a preset when saving to a bank?

• @eross said:
    how do i rename a preset when saving to a bank?

I'm still a virgin to this app. The best person to ask would be @Samu. He beta tested it. He is (IMO) is our Audio Bus Technician. I'm sorry if I can't answer your questions...... I would of thought if you can copy a preset to a User, then name it there. Haven't tried, buts an idea. :s

• @studs1966 said:

@eross said:

I'm still a virgin to this app. The best person to ask would be @Samu. He beta tested it. He is (IMO) is our Audio Bus Technician. I'm sorry if I can't answer your questions...... I would of thought if you can copy a preset to a User, then name it there. Haven't tried, buts an idea. :s

You have a label at the bottom of the part menu you can either name, or leave blank. If you leave it blank, the name of the patch will be made up of the Osc / sample group name and the Osc / sample name as shown below

• @eross said:

I’m assuming you mean pattern?
    You can copy a pattern and paste it to a slot in the bank. Then hold down the shift and write button to bring up the rename dialog box.

• @InfoCheck said:

@eross said:

I’m assuming you mean pattern?
    You can copy a pattern and paste it to a slot in the bank. Then hold down the shift and write button to bring up the rename dialog box.

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@studs1966 said:

@eross said:

You have a label at the bottom of the part menu you can either name, or leave blank. If you leave it blank, the name of the patch will be made up of the Osc / sample group name and the Osc / sample name as shown below

There you go. :) Thanks.

• @Fruitbat1919 You seem to be a HUGE fan of this app. I've liked your stuff in the past. Is there anything you've make with this you care to share?

• @skiphunt said:
    @Fruitbat1919 You seem to be a HUGE fan of this app. I've liked your stuff in the past. Is there anything you've make with this you care to share?

Got something on the go, but won’t have time to get it sorted into something I’m happy to share yet, as tomorrow I’ve gotta hang up my iPad for family time ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:
    @Fruitbat1919 You seem to be a HUGE fan of this app. I've liked your stuff in the past. Is there anything you've make with this you care to share?

Got something on the go, but won’t have time to get it sorted into something I’m happy to share yet, as tomorrow I’ve gotta hang up my iPad for family time ;)

Actually I mean today as it’s now Xmas day lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

Actually I mean today as it’s now Xmas day lol

Oh yeah!!! lol ;) I gotta go do the family/friends holiday thang too... cheers, looking forward to it :)

• @skiphunt said:

Here are a couple of quick snippets. This is what I’m doing with the app. Just basic grooves and sounds that will then get chopped up and expanded on in BM3.

The finished results from this app will then spark ideas in other apps. So for myself it’s not about getting playable tracks in this app, it’s just using this app to get some ideas going quickly

• oops. The short video files are too big to post here! Will have to think of some other way of sharing them.
  • Second Demo track just with Patterning/ Mastered with Maxima, then added acapella Ableton Live on PC.