Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Nice!

Now that the new app hype has worn off, does this work well on an iPad 2? Can you run a synth or drum app live into it without crashes and crackles?

It might be time for me to finally buy this beast :-)

• Happy to say it does work very nicely on iPad2. I've been running drum and synth apps into it, then out into Cubasis with no trouble at all. Bit annoyed at the price drop though! But for anyone who doesn't have it, just get it... really good effects unit, transforming songs and it is massive fun to use. Seriously, MASSIVE fun.

• Agreed. Massive fun.

• edited March 2014

• Turnado is sort of like a Super Buffet of effects with a massive number of effects options all in one place. What I didn't realize beforehand is that within each category of effects there is a long list of presets, so there are hundreds of options almost instantly available.

On the other hand it's probably a good idea to issue a Turnado warning. There are better reverb apps than the reverb in Turnado. There are better amp simulators than the amp simulations in Turnado. There are better delays and slicers than the ones in Turnado. I'm not trying to knock Sugar Bytes. Their own Wow filterbox app is way better than the filter options in Turnado. There are so many options in Turnado that it would take a developer forever to perfect each one. Every effect in Turnado is thoroughly tweakable if someone is willing to put in the time.

• edited March 2014

• Does anybody know if iAA is planned for an update?

• Convinced, bought, wow.

And it comes with beardyman presets =)

Endless options to fiddle with... I agree it would take forever to perfect each sound. Definitely worth the buy.

• Does anyone know if Turnado can create the amazing convoluted FX that I could get on my old Art Multiverb?