Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited March 2018

@Max_Free said:

If it gets full MIDI control, I could get rid of my Electribe Sampler. Touchscreen control is not a proper option for a live setup with multiple devices. Can I mix volume levels over MIDI at least now?

You can control the part levels via MIDI CC 7. If you do it in POLY mode it uses the MIDI channel to select the part that is controlled. If in OMNI mode it controls the currently selected part.

• @jimpavloff is it possible to have a search pattern option at some stage?

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

@Dawdles said:
    Can @jimpavloff or someone please explain the modulator to me? Like I can't find any clear way to snap to precise tempo divisions and it seems like there are only 6 destinations? Am I missing something?
    Also is there a hidden option anywhere to specify between 'free' vs 'trig' for lfos?

Thanks

also how do I specify the grid resolution for 'stroke'?

You can set an LFO to be synced to the BPM of the track by selecting the "LFO BPM" Part Modulator or just "LFO" for free-running LFO. Not sure yet on how he is doing the speed divisions (0 to 127) when it is synced to BPM, haven't explored it completely.

• @Dawdles said:
    Also would be great if 'shift +WAVE' brought up the 'sample edit controls' distortion vs sample pop up window.

Read the description of the latest update, these just got made more accessible

• @jimpavloff bug to report: if you switch between user patterns or bank A, and if no pattern in newly selected bank is highlighted, and if you then turn the jog wheel, the app crashes

• @db909 said:
    @jimpavloff bug to report: if you switch between user patterns or bank A, and if no pattern in newly selected bank is highlighted, and if you then turn the jog wheel, the app crashes

Thanks, confirmed. Will fix this one.

• edited March 2018

I updated my GR16 to try out the new midi feature. I want to route each of the 16 parts to 16 different synth tracks in BeatMaker 3. Is this possible because I can’t get it to work. I assume part 1 sends midi on channel 1, part 2 sends midi on channel 2 etc.

It seems every Groove Rider part sends midi on the same channel, and thats midi is send to the active synth track (pad) in BeatMaker..

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I updated my GR16 to try out the new midi feature. I want to route each of the 16 parts to 16 different synth tracks in BeatMaker 3. Is this possible because I can’t get it to work. I assume part 1 sends midi on channel 1, part 2 sends midi on channel 2 etc.

It seems every Groove Rider part sends midi on the same channel, and thats midi is send to the active synth track (pad) in BeatMaker..

You need to set the global BM3 midi settings to route all midi to selected pad to off. It's under settings and behaviors.

• Well, I’ve got it working now..

The problem was that in GrooveRider part 1 (of the 16 parts) sends midi on channel 9. And part 9 (the top row in GR16) send midi on channel 1. This is really confusing..

Why not start parts on the top row and make part 1 send midi on ch1?

• @jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:
    In the nearest update I plan to do:

• fix the import samples crash issue;
    • remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Virtual Midi Input and probably Midi CC support;
    • Audio Export options.

Please add my vote for CC support. Instant purchase if this is definitely coming.

CC support will be definitely added. If not in this update, then 100% in the next one.

Did CC midi learn make it into the app already?

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Well, I’ve got it working now..

The problem was that in GrooveRider part 1 (of the 16 parts) sends midi on channel 9. And part 9 (the top row in GR16) send midi on channel 1. This is really confusing..

GR sends Channel 1 from Part 1, 2 from 2 etc. when sending to a stand-alone app or BM3 for me. Check your bank MIDI settings in BM3.

• edited March 2018

@SlowwFloww said:
    Well, I’ve got it working now..

The reason you see part 9 at the very left mixer track is that part 9 is for the Kick drum by default, and it is convenient to see the kick drum mixer channel at the beginning of mixer page. So, on the mixer page (on the iPads only), part numbers are (from left to right): 9-16, 1-8.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

• remove Import and Export subfolders from Documents folder which are currently there (added by a mistake);
    • you will be able to create your own folders with imported samples inside the Documents and access them from the part's Wave selection table;
    • Audio Export options.

Please add my vote for CC support. Instant purchase if this is definitely coming.

CC support will be definitely added. If not in this update, then 100% in the next one.

Not yet, but planned.

• @jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jimpavloff said:

• Audio Export options.

Not yet, but planned.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

• edited March 2018

Why not start parts on the top row and make part 1 send midi

The reason you see part 9 at the very left mixer track is that part 9 is for the Kick drum by default, and it is convenient to see the kick drum mixer channel at the beginning of mixer page. So, on the mixer page (on the iPads only), part numbers are (from left to right): 9-16, 1-8.

Well, If you swap the bottom row pads for the top row then you have the kick drum at the beginning of the mixer and is part 1 sending midi on channel 1. :)
    It’s easier to remember instead of part 14 sending midi on channel 6....
    Part 14 sends midi on channel 14. Easy..

But.. thanx for the midi functionality.. and the awesome updates to the app..

• edited March 2018

Could someone please explain what would be the perfect “song mode “ to use with the gr-16? I don’t understand his pattern chaining is working...to me it looks just as a “repeat one pattern” function. Thanks

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

@Sergiu said:
    Could someone please explain what would be the perfect “song mode “ to use with the gr-16? I don’t understand his pattern chaining is working...to me it looks just as a “repeat one pattern” function. Thanks

Under Pattern, set “Chain to” to the pattern you want to play next. “Chain Repeat” is the number of times you want the pattern to repeat before chaining to the next pattern.

Under Settings you need to set to Chain Mode to “On”.

• Thanks...wish I could set up a number order of the patterns ...so I don’t have to do it manually

• @Sergiu said:
    Thanks...wish I could set up a number order of the patterns ...so I don’t have to do it manually

You could do what I do and just record yourself selecting patterns in the preferred order straight into AudioShare or something. That way you don’t have to think about what to chain to where, etc.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff would it be possible to add the option in settings for lower sample rates 8/11/22khz? I'am attempting to experiment with really lo fi beats?Or a resample to different frequencies - could be a good feature though I'am more than happy with the current features

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff would it be possible to add the option in settings for lower sample rates 8/11/22khz? I'am attempting to experiment with really lo fi beats?Or a resample to different frequencies - could be a good feature though I'am more than happy with the current features

The only way to do it is to import user samples which already were downsampled somewhere outside GR.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

The only way to do it is to import user samples which already were downsampled somewhere outside GR.

@jimpavloff cool I been doing it in Audioshare getting some really good results importing into GR Will email you soon some Patterns Do you or anyone know of an iOS 12bit audio convertor (not plugin) - something I can load samples into ? - there's lots of 8/16/24/32 but seems hard to find any 12bit on ios and osx
    Thanks in advance for any info

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff cool I been doing it in Audioshare getting some really good results importing into GR Will email you soon some Patterns Do you or anyone know of an iOS 12bit audio convertor (not plugin) - something I can load samples into ? - there's lots of 8/16/24/32 but seems hard to find any 12bit on ios and osx

You actually can use Bit Crusher IFX to crush any number of bits on a part. However, there's no value showing you exactly how many bits you've crushed.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff I noticed that when you’re in erase mode, pressing the bar number/octave buttons does nothing at all. Would it be possible for them to control the octaves in that mode as well? Cause I’m recording notes on the touch pad while using the erase button for per note punch in/erase and I always go to change octaves while doing that only to realize I have to briefly switch to key or chord mode to change the octave for the touchpad. So basically, if those buttons don’t do anything at all in erase mode currently, would it hurt to just have them change octaves?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

You actually can use Bit Crusher IFX to crush any number of bits on a part. However, there's no value showing you exactly how many bits you've crushed.

@jimpavloff yeh I tried the bit crusher but cant combine it with Decimate and low frequency rate - if I could put these 3 together no worries though downsampling in Audioshare then adding a touch of GR decimate is doing good things when used in small amounts - getting very dirty sounding grunge - experimenting Cool

• Great midi out update on this app thanks @jimpavloff
    I hope you make a Squarp pyramid clone as one of your apps in the future ;)

Haven't been keeping track but I hope midi learn and AUv3 might be still planned, which would send this app through the roof :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jimpavloff slightly off topic but any chance of seeing both of Poison’s oscillators on the same page minus the keyboard? This would be great for sound design and when used with an external controller :)