Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @SMKArtist said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@SMKArtist said:

@dendy said:
    you can access audioshare through files app .. whith files support you have a cess basically to all other sharing apps :)

yeah, it is just another step and pain in the ass. Plus I am not on OS 11 because of my music apps. All of iPad musicians know that direct Audioshare support is the best way to go. I love how I can open up the new sampler gadget in gadget and import directly from audioshare. All of my music apps with sample playing capability have this. Even LP5.

I have to say that the files app integration is pretty slick and works very well on iOS11.

@jimpavloff are there plans to expand the import options?

"I have to say that the files app integration is pretty slick and works very well on iOS11." maybe for you. But others have had different experiences.
    More options for sample import is a "GOOD THING". My work flow is different from yours. It includes Audioshare (like many other musicians).

I use Audioshare in my Korg Gadget workflow so I know what potential benefits there are for it in GR-16 but I guess we will have to wait and see what @jimpavloff has planned in this area.

In the mean time I can just sample everything I need into Audioshare and just copy into the GR-16 import folder via the document picker right within Audioshare (iOS 11 only).

It would be great if GR-16 was able to store its documents in iCloud Drive as we could then access a shared pool of samples across devices.

An interesting excerpt from the manual...

“Current version of Groove Rider supports import of files, that must be placed inside the Import folder only under the app’s Document folder. But, starting from version 1.1, Groove Rider will support importing of samples placed into any user folder under the app’s Document folder.”

• edited December 2017

Grooverider Rocks!!!!! excellent - as I mentioned before an extra pad bank even if a paid upgrade-
    The decimate is very authenticate and the pitch / swing etc are impressive I've only spent 10mins with it and made a simple loop - An added option to change the order of the 5 main effects OSC FILTER MODULATION etc would be good I say this because I had decimate on a kik when I then done a lo filter cut off I couldnt hear the decimate effect
    Pad sample layering i.e option to put 2 kiks etc on one pad - in an update?
    Be good to see value/number display when adjusting certain parameters i.e Decimate - it shows waveform change but some numbers can come in handy for making user templates
    Resample to pads giving Grooverider that Roland SP303/404 workflow in an update?
    Well done @jimpavloff

• Another Demo track of @jimpavloff excellent Groove Rider GR-16
    Recorded into Cubasis, with Patterning. Then Mastered with @FredAntonCorvest Maxima app( used this instead of Waves plugins, as an experiment) Then took the track over to Ableton to add acapella(vocals)......

• Nice one. You have a beautiful voice :-)

@studs1966 said:
    Another Demo track of @jimpavloff excellent Groove Rider GR-16
    Recorded into Cubasis, with Patterning. Then Mastered with @FredAntonCorvest Maxima app( used this instead of Waves plugins, as an experiment) Then took the track over to Ableton to add acapella(vocals)......

• @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

Any changes to the project you are on are shown as a star next to its name as shown below

Pressing write saves any changes made and the star disappears. It’s in the manual here:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

Any changes to the project you are on are shown as a star next to its name as shown below

Pressing write saves any changes made and the star disappears. It’s in the manual here:

@Fruitbat1919 cheers dude nice one.

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance

@Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff cheers dude nice one. Hopefully in a future update the SAVE screen be bit more clearer i,e a save button maybe on the top of screen next to the MIXER button -nevertheless I'am impressed thus far.

• @fruitbat @jimpavloff is there a way to turn down metronome volume?

• @stormbeats said:
    @fruitbat @jimpavloff is there a way to turn down metronome volume?

I’ve not found that facility, except turning it off. Not sure what these do in settings?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

I’ve not found that facility, except turning it off. Not sure what these do in settings?

@Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff thanks again - yep I went into those settings but no metronome volume

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

@Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff thanks again - yep I went into those settings but no metronome volume - it's very loud that beeeep :-)

• @Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff when I clear a sample from pad it the pad plays back an osc saw wave ?
    Any info thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:
    @Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff when I clear a sample from pad it the pad plays back an osc saw wave ?

'Init' state of a pad is saw-wave, just turn down the volume...

• I've got to add my support to @SMKArtist. Apps that link directly to AudioShare allow us to do a number of things like preview the sounds, do quick edits like trimming, adjusting the amplitude, making fades, renaming, converting zipping and unzipping and organising in directories. It also allows sharing through wifi and air drop and it's useful for other things besides Audio too, you can back up your banks or projects in it.

Files only does a few of these and not all apps currently do or ever will support it. Files only works on IOS 11. To sacrifice AudioShare and the existing import/export open in system would be a tragic step back despite the workarounds.

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    @Fruitbat1919 @jimpavloff when I clear a sample from pad it the pad plays back an osc saw wave ?

'Init' state of a pad is saw-wave, just turn down the volume...

ok cool @jimpavloff in a future update can you make the defaut pad to "blank" no sound - at present a saw wave i triggered when deleting samples from pads.

• @stormbeats said:

If you press Shift + Copy it brings up this:

If you want to clear a pad without changing its sound back to ‘init’, use the clear not parts instead of init part sound. That’s if I understand what you meant lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

If you press Shift + Copy it brings up this:

If you want to clear a pad without changing its sound back to ‘init’, use the clear not parts instead of init part sound. That’s if I understand what you meant lol

@Fruitbat1919 nice one i get what you mean

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

Rec 0 has no pre-count in before recording. Rec 1 had one bar count in and Rec 2 has 2 bar count in. It works the same on my electribe2.

• @Telengard said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

Rec 0 has no pre-count in before recording. Rec 1 had one bar count in. Rec 2 has 2 bar count in I think as I haven't messed with it. Workes the same on my electribe2.

Yeah that makes sense :)

• @Telengard said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormbeats said:

Rec 0 has no pre-count in before recording. Rec 1 had one bar count in. Rec 2 has 2 bar count in I think as I haven't messed with it. Workes the same on my electribe2.

@Telengard thanks for info

• @SMKArtist said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@SMKArtist said:

@dendy said:
    you can access audioshare through files app .. whith files support you have a cess basically to all other sharing apps :)

yeah, it is just another step and pain in the ass. Plus I am not on OS 11 because of my music apps. All of iPad musicians know that direct Audioshare support is the best way to go. I love how I can open up the new sampler gadget in gadget and import directly from audioshare. All of my music apps with sample playing capability have this. Even LP5.

I have to say that the files app integration is pretty slick and works very well on iOS11.

"I have to say that the files app integration is pretty slick and works very well on iOS11." maybe for you. But others have had different experiences.
    More options for sample import is a "GOOD THING". My work flow is different from yours. It includes Audioshare (like many other musicians).

I welcomed being able to use the file app to bring in samples. It’s convenient to be able to bring in multiple files at once. For those such as yourself on an earlier version of iOS, document picker support would also provide a way to import multiple files at once (e.g. Beathawk).

• @InfoCheck said:

@SMKArtist said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@SMKArtist said:

@dendy said:

I welcomed being able to use the file app to bring in samples. It’s convenient to be able to bring in multiple files at once. For those such as yourself on an earlier version of iOS, document picker support would also provide a way to import multiple files at once (e.g. Beathawk).

I agree only thing is files app works when it wants to

• Curious... are a lot of the info posters about GR on this thread also it's beta testers? I mean, some of you seem to already know this app inside and out, know what's coming in the next updates, and have already figured out a lot of the esoteric interface functions that aren't at all clear at first blush. I know there's now a manual, but it's fairly basic at this point and was only released yesterday.

Or, is GR's interface nearly identical to some other gear or app that you already know well and so the interface instantly makes sense to you?

I know it took me a good while to get used to having to double tap stuff in Dhalang MG before it became second-nature. I haven't explored the shift button at all yet. Maybe thats the key thats so far making this interface so frustrating for me.

• @stormbeats said:

@InfoCheck said:

@SMKArtist said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@SMKArtist said:

@dendy said:

I agree only thing is files app works when it wants to

My experience has been different. As more developers add file app support and Apple responds to live public feedback to squash bugs, the experience will only get better.

• What's everybody liking more for the sounds? Synth or samples? I think the included drums and instruments are fine but since I can't import easily on 10.3 I've been messing with the oscillators. Pretty big sounds. Still haven't even used all the oscillators

• @skiphunt said:
    Curious... are a lot of the info posters about GR on this thread also it's beta testers? I mean, some of you seem to already know this app inside and out, know what's coming in the next updates, and have already figured out a lot of the esoteric interface functions that aren't at all clear at first blush. I know there's now a manual, but it's fairly basic at this point and was only released yesterday.

Or, is GR's interface nearly identical to some other gear or app that you already know well and so the interface instantly makes sense to you?

I know it took me a good while to get used to having to double tap stuff in Dhalang MG before it became second-nature. I haven't explored the shift button at all yet. Maybe thats the key thats so far making this interface so frustrating for me.

I’m not a beta tester, just it somehow clicks with me :)

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:
    Curious... are a lot of the info posters about GR on this thread also it's beta testers? I mean, some of you seem to already know this app inside and out, know what's coming in the next updates, and have already figured out a lot of the esoteric interface functions that aren't at all clear at first blush. I know there's now a manual, but it's fairly basic at this point and was only released yesterday.

Wow! I would've bet (and lost) that you were beta tester numero uno on this one!

So, do you think it's clicking so well and clearly for you because it's very close to other gear or apps you already know? If so, which ones so I can look for demo/tutorials that might open this one up for me more. Do you think it'd be beneficial to focus on the Electribe 2 hardware tutorials to better understand the GR interface?

• @skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:

Wow! I would've bet (and lost) that you were beta tester numero uno on this one!

So, do you think it's clicking so well and clearly for you because it's very close to other gear or apps you already know? If so, which ones so I can look for demo/tutorials that might open this one up for me more. Do you think it'd be beneficial to focus on the Electribe 2 hardware tutorials to better understand the GR interface?

This is the only other similar gear I’ve had, but this was way more complex

So, don’t know why, it just clicks like some apps just don’t click I suppose

• @skiphunt what are you having trouble with? I never used any hardware grooveboxes but I didn't have too much trouble figuring this out