Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MID EAST DRUMMER by Luis Martinez - Demo & Tutorial Video

Here is my first demo run through for the latest app from Luis Martinez, Mid East Drummer

Comments

• edited December 2017

Excellent. Look forward to seeing how you make out with connecting this up to external sounds. Happy happy Sir Doug.

• Well, this sounds great...The price is a bit high in my opinion. It would be nice to have a bundle for these apps

• edited December 2017

@cuscolima said:
    Well, this sounds great...The price is a bit high in my opinion. It would be nice to have a bundle for these apps

A niche market of a niche market I suppose...

• My initial thought was I don’t need middle eastern drums - but then I heard your demo and it sounds wonderful! May have to reconsider.

• I'm here to report that LMMED works great in tandem with DrumJam!

• I thought I didn't need this because I have Drumjam. But after watching this, I am going to bite the bullet. Thanks Doug.

• Somewhere I have a $50 gift card as part of my 5 years service award, that's that accounted for, nice one Doug and wishing a great holiday to you and yours.

Quality stuff, worth the $.

• @cuscolima said:
    Well, this sounds great...The price is a bit high in my opinion. It would be nice to have a bundle for these apps

>

Great quality, as always from this dev. But nearly £18.... :o

• @Zen210507 said:

@cuscolima said:

>

Great quality, as always from this dev. But nearly £18.... :o

I guess, just like him, we all have to figure out what our price point is....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Sure. I just don’t get why these apps are priced that high, especially for niche products.

• @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Sure. I just don’t get why these apps are priced that high, especially for niche products.

The more niche a product is, the fewer copies it's likely to sell, and so the less revenue the dev is likely to make. Niche products therefore need to be higher priced than mass-market ones in order to be economically viable to develop. Let's call this one boutique :)

• @richardyot said:
    The more niche a product is, the fewer copies it's likely to sell, and so the less revenue the dev is likely to make. Niche products therefore need to be higher priced than mass-market ones in order to be economically viable to develop. Let's call this one boutique :)

>

It’s a sound theory. But I wonder how many more copies would be sold at £9.99.

Even, a copy of this app, and another from the same dev. About £20 for a couple of great drum apps sounds good value, but the better part if £40 for the same apps means casual customers are going to shy away,

• @Zen210507 said:

@richardyot said:

>

Even, a copy of this app, and another from the same dev. About £20 for a couple of great drum apps sounds good value, but the better part if £40 for the same apps means casual customers are going to shy away,

I think it’d be hard to find another app that does this as well, and easily (based on Doug’s vid and the drummers I’ve used). For anyone wanting a nice, easy to create, changing ethnic drum backing this seems to have it nailed.

I’ve bought a ton of drum apps over the years with this sort of thing in mind, and none sound or work as good as the one in this vid. Even my desktop Kontact stuff isn’t as fun and intuitive as this.

I reckon it’s worth it, and there’s always room for a sale.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I reckon it’s worth it, and there’s always room for a sale.

>

Yes please.

• I think it sounds rather weird when there are repeating rolls per pattern, and too much variation, with the traditional sound sets. But for electronic music, using Mid East Drummer as a drum sequencer to trigger synths, it may work

• @Zen210507 said:

It's a good question, but Luis has plenty of experience in this market so I trust he knows how to maximize profit.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    It's a good question, but Luis has plenty of experience in this market so I trust he knows how to maximize profit.

>

A Happy New Year for him, then. :)

• Has anyone figured out how to tune these drums?

• I ran it through Ape Filer and Discord4... nice!