Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Korg spruces up Legacy with the new KORG COLLECTION - Adds Odyssey

The new Korg Collection includes Arp Odyssey, new presets, and the promise of updates. Legacy had pretty much languished for a long time. I wonder if we will see more synergy between Gadget and the computer? Fuller versions of apps will turn up in the Collection and the gadgets will go in Gadget for iOS and computer? Time will tell.

Meanwhile the Korg Collection costs $50 more than Korg Legacy. Not that great a deal today, but maybe someday it will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=rLyt_46rfsw

Comments

• Nice...but i would first consider to buy that collection for mac if they update all the other GUI´s. The iOS GUI´s are so much better (but not really touch friendly) and the VST (beside the Arp Odyssey) looks like 1995 or so.
    But at least a sign that they might put more work into the mac versions as well.

• Interesting. The original Legacy Collection was awesome back in 2009 but I had a hard time reading the labels on a Retina display, and the iOS sound engines were superior IMO (whose bright idea was it to make the MS-20 polyphonic by default?).

Doubt I’ll bite on this since I already have the Odyssey, Wavestation, M1, and Mono/Poly in Gadget AU form and the only difference seems to be in the UI. But I’m happy to see Korg refresh these apps nonetheless.

• I'm liking this. Seems their iOS success might be influencing and funding their desktop developments for the better.

• edited December 2017

Just migrated/ updated etc on Windows. After all these years of tiny GUI's, i was looking forward to a lovely big, shiny new GUI, with knobs i could actually see, and values i could actually read...........er what.......thanks Korg !......it's exactly the same!
    Maybe an update in 10yrs time?...........The gadgets on my iPhone 5c are bigger!!!!!

• edited December 2017

Oh, looks like interface overhauls are coming in a future update. This is interesting though — apparently they are migrating the Legacy Collection to a new activation server and sunsetting UserNet: “Using the coupon code which will be issued, you will be able to switch from the KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection free of charge.”

Edit: this is mad confusing. As stated above, it costs $50 USD to get the Odyssey plugin but you can migrate the other plugins to the new shop for free.

• edited December 2017

UI overhaul on Gadget is what's needed... every gadget should get one of those chord/arp control panels that Lisbon has and each insert effect should get a Deemax style side overlay with more interesting controls to use (i.e. A kaos pad)

• I saw (in a KVR thread) that the plug-in has up to 16 voices while my iOS (iPhone) version has only 8 voices.
    Does iPad Pro allow also 16 voices or did Korg really double that for the plug-in?
    The unison from ArpOdyssei sounds really massive and i wonder how that would sound with 16 voices then.

• Is it just me, or is the Korg Shop website acting super wonky right now?

• So, i´m interested but heard really about bad performance of the Odyssey on windows. People seems to can´t run even as many instances as my iPhone can handle the Gadget´s.
    Anyone tried it on a mac if it´s the same unoptimized thing there?
    Sound like a very "rushed out before Christmas" port so far.