Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Our favourite Christmas songs

2»

Comments

• For some reason this song really gets me, so sad & melancholic; with this uplift in the B section that is harmonically so beautiful.

Guaraldi kind of gets the rap of the "Charlie Brown guy" only & while the Peanuts soundtracks, especially the Christmas one, are what he's known for most he has some really sweet jazz cuts on some of his other records.

Favorite traditional Christmas song has to be "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman". My high school jazz band did a cool arrangement of it during my sophomore year; the band director was a great guy who played trombone in shows on the Strip here in Las Vegas, so his jazz band & marching band charts were always much cooler than most other music directors in town.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Always. My dear dad's favourite. Still can't quite believe he's gone (Christmas does that). Or Kirsty for that matter.

Got in before me, that track is fecking peerless for me.

Yep another vote from me. The Pogues are one of my favourite bands, I’m half Irish and it’s a stunning song, so it’s an obvious choice. I was watching a documentary on how they made it last night, including a get together (pre-Shane’s new teeth) and run through of the track. Worth watching if you can locate it.

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Always. My dear dad's favourite. Still can't quite believe he's gone (Christmas does that). Or Kirsty for that matter.

Yep another vote from me. The Pogues are one of my favourite bands, I’m half Irish and it’s a stunning song, so it’s an obvious choice. I was watching a documentary on how they made it last night, including a get together (pre-Shane’s new teeth) and run through of the track. Worth watching if you can locate it.

Absolutely, I think I’ve seen that, a BBC thing if I recall.

Saw The Pogues with Shane at Brixton Academy (I think) many Christmasses ago (been in Australia for 12 so it’s been a while) and it was epic. When they launched into Fiesta ...

I attempted to emigrate to Ireland at a similar time having loved my time in Galway, it didn’t work out but love the place and people all the same.

I also had a thing about following The Levellers around that time, similar vibe and another great dedicated fan base.

Music that unites people whatever their background, great stuff.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Saw The Pogues with Shane at Brixton Academy (I think) many Christmasses ago (been in Australia for 12 so it’s been a while) and it was epic. When they launched into Fiesta ...

I attempted to emigrate to Ireland at a similar time having loved my time in Galway, it didn’t work out but love the place and people all the same.

I also had a thing about following The Levellers around that time, similar vibe and another great dedicated fan base.

Yeah BBC4 I think, I recorded it a while back, just catching up with it.

I've encountered Shane a couple of times, but never seen the Pogues - would love to have seen one of their early shows, Fiesta is a fantastic track. Closest I've got is being in a couple of 'Poguesy' bands, which celebrated the partying side as well as the music.

My family are from Glaway, and as a result I can get an Irish passport....maybe one day we'll move over there...depends how screwed up the UK gets...

• There is only one...

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah BBC4 I think, I recorded it a while back, just catching up with it.

I've encountered Shane a couple of times, but never seen the Pogues - would love to have seen one of their early shows, Fiesta is a fantastic track. Closest I've got is being in a couple of 'Poguesy' bands, which celebrated the partying side as well as the music.

My family are from Glaway, and as a result I can get an Irish passport....maybe one day we'll move over there...depends how screwed up the UK gets...

Never, ever been, which is an odd one. Especially as the family (three generations back) come from Wexford and Waterford, but we have just been invited to speak in Dublin this coming June and am looking forward it, especially as I am taking The American with me and they say the Irish like the yanks more than the brits...

• @MarkH said:
    There is only one...

Nice. Sometimes Australia produces interesting things....such a halfway house between the US and the UK...and a thing unto itself.