Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MV08 Update

2»

Comments

• Works ŵell with Rozeta XOX

• @JSMilton I just added a template for MV08 to the Rozeta drum key maps list. So it will appear in the next update.

If we can do a promo-swap I can test if it works as expected.

• @syrupcore said:
    I'd be happy to pay for additional sound sets via IAP. Sample coverage wouldn't need to be nearly as extensive for most other 'classic' DMs. Edit: Though maybe that'd be a separate app that uses the same basic feature set and this one can be left as the ultimate 808 tribute it is.

Any plans for a song mode or even pattern chaining?

I'm totally happy with numerical pattern names. Every hardware drum machine I've ever used (and most software DMs too) only use bank+numbers for patterns. I'd prefer to see the notion of 'projects' added so that A1 can be different for each project. Projects are also probably needed for a song mode to make any sort of sense.

I've thought about creating a new app in order to handle sample import. I like that approach more as I also feel it would be cool to leave the MV08 as an 808 tribute, which was always its intended purpose. Any new app would be beefed up though by adding more FX and things likes LFO's and envelopes.

If I'm honest, there's no plan for more extensive features like song mode, pattern chaining and projects. A new app with the same engine would definitely have it all in though. Maybe call it MV-Sampler or something :)

@brambos

That's awesome mate, I've PM'd you a code.

Really happy you guys are liking the new update!

• @JSMilton said:

@syrupcore said:
    I'd be happy to pay for additional sound sets via IAP. Sample coverage wouldn't need to be nearly as extensive for most other 'classic' DMs. Edit: Though maybe that'd be a separate app that uses the same basic feature set and this one can be left as the ultimate 808 tribute it is.

I'm totally happy with numerical pattern names. Every hardware drum machine I've ever used (and most software DMs too) only use bank+numbers for patterns. I'd prefer to see the notion of 'projects' added so that A1 can be different for each project. Projects are also probably needed for a song mode to make any sort of sense.

I've thought about creating a new app in order to handle sample import. I like that approach more as I also feel it would be cool to leave the MV08 as an 808 tribute, which was always its intended purpose. Any new app would be beefed up though by adding more FX and things likes LFO's and envelopes.

If I'm honest, there's no plan for more extensive features like song mode, pattern chaining and projects. A new app with the same engine would definitely have it all in though. Maybe call it MV-Sampler or something :)

@brambos

I like what I’m hearing here! B)

• Rozeta X0X driving MV08 (using the analog 808 timing algorithm), with Rozeta LFO automating the snare drum.

(Notice those accents in X0X? Coming in the next update)

• X0X accents!

• c> @brambos said:

Rozeta X0X driving MV08 (using the analog 808 timing algorithm), with Rozeta LFO automating the snare drum.

That is glorious. Wow. Would you mind showing a little under the hood? How exactly is the LFO automating the snare?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    c> @brambos said:

Rozeta X0X driving MV08 (using the analog 808 timing algorithm), with Rozeta LFO automating the snare drum.

That is glorious. Wow. Would you mind showing a little under the hood? How exactly is the LFO automating the snare?

The LFOs are sending their automation data to the snare's "pitch", "snappy" and "tone" parameters. The snare has some mutation so the pattern changes every now and then.

• @JSMilton said:

Just been looking at Rozeta, never seen it before. Looks awesome though so I might get it over the holidays and have a play. In the mean time, is there anything I could do in the app to help with the mapping?

Adding the sequencer in to AU ramps the complexity of the whole thing up quite a bit, so it's probably not going to happen soon. Will definitely think about beefing up the AU implementation for a future update though. Glad you're into it as it is though.

Make the sequencer a MIDI AU just like Rozeta ;)

• @brambos said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    c> @brambos said:

The LFOs are sending their automation data to the snare's "pitch", "snappy" and "tone" parameters. The snare has some mutation so the pattern changes every now and then.

@brambos said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    c> @brambos said:

I just don't understand how to set that up. My only tentative wandering into the Rozeta Cathedral (Our Lady of Perpetual LFO) ended up making the fader on a drum channel slowly rise and fall. Which was cool if not entirely useful.

How do I make it do what you did?
    I am Dudley, and you are Dr. Raleigh Sinclair.

1. Load MV08, X0X and LFO
    2. Set X0X as the MIDI input to MV08. This will make the drums go boom
    3. Go to AUM's "MIDI CTRL" section and choose "Rozeta LFO" as the input
    4. Choose the AUM channel that contains MV08 (in my example that's #2)
    5. Do the settings below, which will map LFO's output to MV08's AU Parameters

• @brambos said:

Thank you, Bram. Are the CC numbers meaningful? By which I mean, Is CC15 typically used to modulate snare tone? I know this is well outside your already top-notch customer service.

• @JSMilton said:

@syrupcore said:

@brambos

MVSampler sounds awesome!!! :-)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@brambos said:

Thank you, Bram. Are the CC numbers meaningful? By which I mean, Is CC15 typically used to modulate snare tone? I know this is well outside your already top-notch customer service.

CC numbers are meaningful when applied per the midi specifications. However they can be applied to any parameter that accepts CC so they are flexible.

• @brambos said:

The little people (self) really appreciate you taking the time on this...helps considerably.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@brambos said:

No, in this case they are what LFO is sending out by default: 13, 15 and 17. If you load another LFO instance you’ll usually want to change those CC numbers to something else.

• OK. I will experiment. Thank you for your patient explanations.

• I was going to pass on this because I already have too many drums that I don't use. Until I realized that I don't really have much at all that's percussive and AU except for the Brambos Ruismaker/RuisFM/Troublemaker, etc. apps. Also Swarplug that's even more great with Rozeta thrown at it.

So, does this MV08 fit an AU drum niche that's not at all redundant with the brambos percussive offerings? From the general tone of this thread, it sounds like it's a great fit... but is it also fairly close in sound to what I already have?

• @skiphunt said:
    I was going to pass on this because I already have too many drums that I don't use. Until I realized that I don't really have much at all that's percussive and AU except for the Brambos Ruismaker/RuisFM/Troublemaker, etc. apps. Also Swarplug that's even more great with Rozeta thrown at it.

So, does this MV08 fit an AU drum niche that's not at all redundant with the brambos percussive offerings? From the general tone of this thread, it sounds like it's a great fit... but is it also fairly close in sound to what I already have?

I’m finding MV08 better for darker productions or to over use a word...more “Swag”. Ruismaker leads me in a more tame direction

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:
    I was going to pass on this because I already have too many drums that I don't use. Until I realized that I don't really have much at all that's percussive and AU except for the Brambos Ruismaker/RuisFM/Troublemaker, etc. apps. Also Swarplug that's even more great with Rozeta thrown at it.

I’m finding MV08 better for darker productions or to over use a word...more “Swag”. Ruismaker leads me in a more tame direction

Thanks man. That sounds good. It's on my short list. :)

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

Went ahead and got this one. Really liking it a lot! Don’t know why I held out on this one. Intuitive minimal interface, cool sequencer. Love the sound. And with AU now too. Score!

• @skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

Went ahead and got this one. Really liking it a lot! Don’t know why I held out on this one. Intuitive minimal interface, cool sequencer. Love the sound. And with AU now too. Score!

Yep fabulous! B)

• This has all the connectivity features in terms of midi and exporting audio loops that grooverider is sadly lacking.

Oh and it’s AU and has AB transport controls.

• @Proppa said:
    WOW and thanks for making Great even greater.

I strongly +1 for iAP sample sets: when you've got an engine this good it seems a shame to limit the potential nature.

HINT LINN DRUM

• Just want to chime in that I appreciate the separate IAA outputs. SeekBeats has this feature, and I’ve gotten great results sending each drum to its own channel in AUM, with sends to fx like Turnado and ElasticFX. Looking forward to doing the same with MV08.

• Compelled to bump this thread / app as I'm noticing just how convincing (and Good) the sound of MV08 is when running through studio monitors.

It's possible I've only heard via headphones up till now and listening on a proper System I'm re-blown away. If you have any interest in 808-ism I'm saying it doesn't get better than this.

Big booming Thanks @JSMilton

• @Proppa said:
    Compelled to bump this thread / app as I'm noticing just how convincing (and Good) the sound of MV08 is when running through studio monitors.

It's possible I've only heard via headphones up till now and listening on a proper System I'm re-blown away. If you have any interest in 808-ism I'm saying it doesn't get better than this.

Definitely the best sounding 808. Kudos @JSMilton

• @realdavidai said:

@Proppa said:
    Compelled to bump this thread / app as I'm noticing just how convincing (and Good) the sound of MV08 is when running through studio monitors.

Definitely the best sounding 808. Kudos @JSMilton

Agreed.