Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MusicStudio Update!!!

2»

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The road to ruin started with Music Studio. Interested to get it back out again to see how nostalgia sounds.

Ditto, except I probably will never re-download it. But I’m happy to know it’s still going and fondly recall my pre-iPad era and fumbling to record full tracks on a phone of all things.

Actually, I did get the old thing out and had a fiddle and it stands up pretty well. Another place to sketch MIDI melodies before sending them elsewhere. While it looks old-fashioned at this point, I do like the clarity/UX of many of the features....

• edited December 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The road to ruin started with Music Studio. Interested to get it back out again to see how nostalgia sounds.

Ditto, except I probably will never re-download it. But I’m happy to know it’s still going and fondly recall my pre-iPad era and fumbling to record full tracks on a phone of all things.

Actually, I did get the old thing out and had a fiddle and it stands up pretty well. Another place to sketch MIDI melodies before sending them elsewhere. While it looks old-fashioned at this point, I do like the clarity/UX of many of the features....

Yeah, I was so impressed with it at the time. I’m pretty sure this track was Music Studio, complete with using the built in synth romplers. Me and my bud, recorded during power outage at the studio. (Edit: organ added later that night)

https://open.spotify.com/track/3whsR7qj0qIbOXaibWj4rT?si=m5xn7M1ZQui4D3JOIaGZEg

• It was one of my first DAW, it has nice sounds, but its lacking with no AU support, no mixer and the same old UI.
    The app needs a refresh.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Actually, I did get the old thing out and had a fiddle and it stands up pretty well.

Dude, too much information. Only your spouse should know that.

While it looks old-fashioned at this point, I do like the clarity/UX of many of the features....

Me too. Actually, I also love the old-fashioned look. It looks great on my iPhone SE’s screen, even in bright sunlight (unlike Beathawk).

@fjcblanco Thanks for showing us the way mate. :) Shame I have to hook up my iPad to a PC at all, but if it works, it works. iFunBox to the rescue, haha.

• Really Glad to see another update
    One my first apps!

• edited September 2020

I’ve uploaded quite a few user instruments to the Xewton website back in the day. Search for maarten1978. Lots of goodies. I still really like this app.

• Is there a mixer in this sucker? 2 things I can't work out. How to mix levels and how to delete a project.

• Why are you bothering, or is it for nostalgia.

• It was for a very important project. You see, the kids were playing Roblox and the soundtrack was annoying the heck out of me. So I recorded a quick track, chord stabs, bass drums and vocal track. It was was pretty annoying but needed some work to bring out the vocal. A mixer would have helped lift this track into the next level whereby I may have had a chance to get the Roblox turned down but alas it didn't happen. So, is there a mixer. As you can see, it's pretty important.

• @Ailerom said:
    It was for a very important project. You see, the kids were playing Roblox and the soundtrack was annoying the heck out of me. So I recorded a quick track, chord stabs, bass drums and vocal track. It was was pretty annoying but needed some work to bring out the vocal. A mixer would have helped lift this track into the next level whereby I may have had a chance to get the Roblox turned down but alas it didn't happen. So, is there a mixer. As you can see, it's pretty important.

There's a horizontal fader for each track at the bottom-right of the Tracks tab. Tap each track to adjust its volume.

• this old dinosaur has audio tracks huh, but 15$ seems a bit steep

• Woah, i think this was my very first DAW (counting all platforms).

• Still a very easy writer. And exporter of midi straight in NS2 files etc....

• It's pretty cool for importing and playback of multi-channel MIDI files too. It often figures out the right instruments to use for every track.

• @wim said:
    It's pretty cool for importing and playback of multi-channel MIDI files too. It often figures out the right instruments to use for every track.

That’s exactly why How I got into using music studio , until Eventually Cubasis 2 got updated and could do the same

• Oh man, I fucking love Music Studio! I've used it on and off since 2011 as a sketchpad when I got my first iDevice (an iPod Touch 4). One of my favourite product demonstration videos was this gem...

I'm so glad they released the GUI update. :)

• Is it worth it if You don’t have it?

I tried the lite version and I like it.

Maybe is it outdated?

• edited September 2020

@Charlesalbert said:
    Is it worth it if You don’t have it?

Maybe is it outdated?

If you like the lite version, you'll most likely dig the full version. It was one of the original music creation apps on iOS. It's chock full of sample instruments, you can make your own instruments using MS's sampler, has a decent selection of drum kits, and it's easy to import one's own drum samples given it's been Files compatible for the past year or so, unlimited MIDI and Audio tracks, etc. It doesn't host AUv3 (yet?), so I tend to use it more as an ideas sketchpad.

If there's anything "outdated", it'd be the skeuomorphic GUI that hasn't changed since the early 2010s. Then again, in my opinion that's part of what gives the app its charm. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Is it worth it if You don’t have it?

Maybe is it outdated?

If you like the lite version, you'll most likely dig the full version. It was one of the original music creation apps on iOS. It's chock full of sample instruments, you can make your own instruments using MS's sampler, has a decent selection of drum kits, and it's easy to import one's own drum samples given it's been Files compatible for the past year or so, unlimited MIDI and Audio tracks, etc. It doesn't host AUv3 (yet?), so I tend to use it more as an ideas sketchpad.

If there's anything "outdated", it'd be the skeuomorphic GUI that hasn't changed since the early 2010s. Then again, in my opinion that's part of what gives the app its charm. :)

@jwmmakerofmusic thanks so much.

Bought it🤟🤟🤟

• The sounds are amazing to me. I also bought the iap expansion. Lot of fun. For real.

• hows the gui look now?

• @reasOne said:
    hows the gui look now?

Old but charming if you squint just right (like the rest of us :))...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:
    hows the gui look now?

Old but charming if you squint just right (like the rest of us :))...

Couldn't have put it better myself mate. :)

• I just struggle a bit to understand the midi editor. I can’t find an easy way to draw notes😂😂😂