Comments

• 195 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • edited December 2017 Vote Up1

Yes that's quite rude. Maybe you don't give a fuck, but why du we have to know anything about that?

@Tommygun said:

• edited December 2017 Vote Up1

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Beathoven said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I probably wouldn’t buy the desktop version given I have Maximus and Wavecandy in FL Studio on my PC, but I’ll probably purchase the iOS version. It’d be the first maximizer AU on iOS to have LuFS metering. It’ll also be the first univeral audio mastering AU that doesn’t require a shitty subscription to operate like AudioMaster. That’s not nothing, at least for someone like me who likes to master his own tracks and not pay monthly for it.

Unfortunately, @sundhage said it won’t be AU as it’d be too processor intensive.

Damn. I’ll probably wait to see what others say about the VST version first. I’ll probably end up getting it anyways, but we shall see. :)

For this type of app, where it is used on finalizing a single stereo track, as long as it has Apple Files support and OpenIn capability, it shouldn't be a problem being stand alone. :-)

Drag-and-drop support=instabuy. Seriously, that would easily sell me on it.

Edit:Actually, the fact it will be universal sells me on it already, so screw it. I’m in, lol.

• @ilya said:
    @sundhage congrats on the release! I definitely want one mastering plugin without subscription or weird license validations that pop-up during the creative process!

How long would discount last? I'm over quota with my spending in December :smile: would be happy to grab it on first days of January.

Thanks. The desktop discount will last until Jan 5. I guess we'll have an intro price for the iOS-version as well when it's out (but I'm not 100% sure, that's not decided by me only).

• @db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

The different options should come up after you hit the export button.

I am also having the demo song export issue everyone is having. Asides from this, the UI is beautiful and I love the simplicity of the controls; I'm sure there's a lot going on being the scenes.

Okay maybe this is a bug. I’m on the iPhone version if that matters. I hit export and all it asks is format, bit depth, and file name. Then I render it and that’s it. Never get asked where to put it, it just renders and returns to the main screen leaving me like “where the hell is my audio”?

It’s already shipped it off as a demo tape to the hottest producers in the world. No worries, you’ll be hearing from them soon

• @db909 said:

@Samu said:

@Peter321 said:
    Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

Yeah, can't seem to export anything else that the demo-file...

Where did you guys even find your exported file to begin with? Because mine are just going off into the ether

I got an option to use the 'Open In...' after the rendering was done and sent the file to AudioShare.

• @oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

The different options should come up after you hit the export button.

I am also having the demo song export issue everyone is having. Asides from this, the UI is beautiful and I love the simplicity of the controls; I'm sure there's a lot going on being the scenes.

Okay maybe this is a bug. I’m on the iPhone version if that matters. I hit export and all it asks is format, bit depth, and file name. Then I render it and that’s it. Never get asked where to put it, it just renders and returns to the main screen leaving me like “where the hell is my audio”?

It’s already shipped it off as a demo tape to the hottest producers in the world. No worries, you’ll be hearing from them soon

That’s funny but seriously this is terrible. Just read the manual regarding exporting. It says hit export and the dialogue asking for format and file name pops up and it says press save to start exporting a processed audio file. WHEEEEEEEEEEEERE?

I’d say just hang on for a day or two til the update gets pushed out. This is the first true gaffe they’ve made with like 10-15 iOS releases now, so I wouldn’t be worried.

+1

• It works very well and I'm very happy that the export issue is now taken care of.

One thing, and this is more about me than about the app - I'm noticing that my synths/mixes tend to "top out" at a certain level anyway (at least on some material), so my first couple of attempts to master a song were a little too squished, even with fairly light treatment. I might just skip the limiter altogether for finishing songs.

• @sundhage said:
    Have to say thanks to all for the patience folks. I felt like a total idiot when I read the first report and successfully reproduced it on my device. It's still a mystery why that single line of code disappeared, it might have been the cat taking a walk on the keyboard.

Its only a tiny "Cat"astrophe. It happens to us all. ;)

• edited March 1 Vote Up1

Thank goodness it wasn’t a “Cat”ch 22!

• @db909 said:

@sundhage said:

@waynerowand said:
    @Arpseechord Thanks for the news! I popped on it. No problem importing or exporting either. Dead simple to use and sounds fantastic! One quibble though, as with Wizibel, I can’t find a way to clear the old file. It just sits there. For a 25 minute 44/24 ambient track, that’s about 400 meg. Periodically I have to delete and reinstall Wizibel to free up space. Same thing with this? @sundhage

Unfortunately, you cannot make the current "state" empty. A workaround is (as @wim suggested) is to import a small file when you're done.

Why not a clear button of some sort? “Clear session”?

And also background audio for the use of reference tracks

Thanks for the app. Love it.

Suggestion: how about defaulting to the name of the imported file when the export ‘name’ dialog box comes up?

• @Jocphone said:
    I'm heavily swayed towards this, but Maxima released at the same time and got me all kinds of confused. Is there a reason to choose Maxima over this?

PLEASE DON'T SAY GET BOTH. PLEASE DON'T SAY GET BOTH. PLEASE DON'T SAY GET BOTH.

I would get this one, for the LUFS metering alone.

IMO if you're "mastering" your own tracks, the one and only thing you should set out to do is to achieve a desired loudness level, and LUFS is the most useful and up-to-date method for achieving this.

So what I would suggest is that you add Grand Finale to your Master bus (or alternatively use it as a stand-alone on a finished mix), and adjust the gain so that your track is around -14 LUFS and leave the other controls alone :)

Because if you've mixed your track and are happy with it, why mess with EQ etc at the mastering stage? Doesn't make sense, if the EQ needs fixing do that in the mix. Of course if you're mastering other people's music and you don't have the mix files then of course it makes more sense to have additional controls. But for your own work the one and only application for this kind of app (IMO of course) is to reach a target volume level without clipping. It's a final limiting stage at the end of the chain, and that's it.

• Anyone still experiencing buggy export issues? Suddenly im having the render progress bar pop up for only a split second only to again disappear and not ask me where to save. If it does ask, I get a blank file. And the master isn’t bypassed or anything like that. Also can we get a full detailed explanation of how the project saving works? Cause I just imported a file, created a project to save it, tweaked it, then created another project with the same name to save again thinking it would overwrite, and it overwrites it with some completely different audio I imported a while back. Wtf?

• So the export is working as it should now, but out of 6 quick export tests of the same file it did
    the super quick render glitch once so this seems like some kind of a random thing which is not good. I can’t get it consistent. Bug fix needed

• Would like to see some sort of metering added to compression if possible .

• It’s been working more often that not for me but there’s one file in particular that refuses to export. Not sure. I’ve been getting lots of use out of it. Great app. Can really make a difference

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I still wish it was AU to process individual tracks realtime like the Fabfilter apps do in Auria pro. I know a lot of recording studios process and reprocess stuff till it doesn’t sound anything as the original but of course that makes sense if that’s the sound they’re after. But I means as far as compressing, limiting, I guess. I’m not an engineer or claim to be one, don’t even know what the heck I’m doing most of the time, but it does sound amazingly good and paired up with FAC TransitWatch FAC Maxima oh boy, we’re really blessed to be alive!

Total overkill for individual tracks IMO. EQ and panning, plus selective use of compression / limiter, and possibly transient shaping should be plenty to fix up individual tracks. This app to me is all about the final polish on the whole mix. ymmv of course.

• FYI: iOS version is on it's way. Probably out Januari 2018

• @sundhage said:
    FYI: iOS version is on it's way. Probably out Januari 2018

That sounds fantastic. Please make it universal.

• @Jocphone said:

@sundhage said:

It will be universal.

• @sundhage said:

Awesome. AU on iOS as well?

• @sundhage said:

@Jocphone said:

@sundhage said:

It will be universal.

Superb. Day one purchase for me.

• This has peaked my interest. Maybe my first purchase in a year!? Now that's exciting.

• @sundhage

So, is this the iPhone mastering app we have been needing for years??

• @realdavidai said:

@sundhage said:

Nope. It'll be too processor intensive so we decided to make it a stand alone only (with import / export and project management etc).

• Ehh, no stereo processing, saturation etc that we actually need from a mastering app, just the basic tools we all already have(likely better versions of). I dont see why i would want to buy another eq etc..

• A bit of competition for Final Touch, & Lursson Console app. Great stuff.

• edited December 2017 Vote Up0

@Tommygun said:

?

That’s quite rude. And unnecessary.

• @sundhage said:

@realdavidai said:

@sundhage said:

Nope. It'll be too processor intensive so we decided to make it a stand alone only (with import / export and project management etc).

I see and understood. iOS Files 11 integration for import/export?

• edited December 2017 Vote Up0

@Tommygun said:

Having a bad day or is this your usual cheerful self?