Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Made an old school Jungle track

Newest track since I got my iPad set up to work as an external sound module to Ableton on my iMac over lightning cable.
First thing I had to test out was Cyclop bass synth which I didn't feel I was harnessing on the iPad.
Working with it beside Ableton was perfect and there are 2 nasty Cyclop basses taking turns in this track.
Still working on taming that thing though, the interface is way out there and theres lots of weird automation capabilities.
The MC is a guy from Nigeria I found on a CC samples site. The rest is just cut up samples.

Quickie video was a screen capture of a music visualizer but then I had to edit it in iMovie because it wasn't changing dramatically enough at the drops.

I love this computer/iPad combo, seems the best of both worlds with hands on synths and proper big screen multitrack recording. I also found out its super easy to airdrop audio back and forth wirelessly now as well.

What do you guys think of the track or this workflow?
Any Cyclop users?

Comments