Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Downriver" - Tarekith

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-Downriver.m4a

Downriver started as a sketch I was working on using Auxy on my iPhone while wandering solo around Brussels and Amsterdam in 2016. I reworked the core ideas quite a few times in the following months while I travelled, eventually morphing it into a more old-school breakbeat style of track.

Ultimately I ended up keeping the main drums, bassline, and background melodies almost exactly as they were from the initial Auxy sketches. Those were exported into Ableton Live 10, where I added some background pads and distorted chords from my DSI OB-6 and Ableton’s Wavetable synth. Some additional percussion samples were added from my sample library to round out the rhythmic elements. The guitar is my Taylor 814ce acoustic being processed by a TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb, as well as Ableton’s Echo and Pedal devices. Final volume and dynamics control was done with DMG’s Limitless.

Hope you enjoy,
Tarekith
http://tarekith.com

Comments

• That's pretty great. Really cool to see something from a simple app like Auxy fleshed out into such a fully featured song.

• Yeah, it’s a shame that making full songs is so painful in Auxy since they separated the automation clips. Luckily, Live to the rescue!

• edited December 2017

Sounds really moody, maybe part of the soundtrack to a noir detective thriller. :)

One day, if RTM can ever afford it, we’d love to hear what difference someone like you could make to our ‘home mastered’ tracks.

• Another winner, really like the mood this evokes.

• Thanks all, really appreciate the listens. Glad the "moody" aspect of it comes through too.

• Nice! Dig the Eastern vibe too! :smile:

• I dug the distinctive rhythm. There’s lot of nice dynamic variation too. The mood that’s set is cool.