Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux update..

Just updated to latest version a minute ago but still saying I need to install AB2 When trying to use AB.
Can AB2 and AB3 be on the same iPad without conflict or am I just missing something in Studiomux

Comments

• Is this the 1st app with link transport controls?

• edited December 2017

hmm, for me if I press the audiobus icon in StudioMux it says Audiobus is not installed and I only have audiobus 3 installed, it's still looking for Audiobus 2....

Noticed it has new Ableton Link sync start stop switch, not sure if that's in other apps yet :)

• edited December 2017

I have AB2 and AB3 on the same iPad, they have run independently of each other from what I can tell. I have yet to try the latest Studiomux but I am assuming it only supports AB2.

• Very nice update. I like the new UI. The new keyboard , with the choice of pads is also nicely done. The whole thing feels more solid visually, and in operation. Good to to see there has been fixes for the iPhone 6s on-wards........it works without problem with AB2, unfortunately i cannot test AB3 as i still haven't upgraded. It does appear to have the new Ableton Link. I am running the Ableton 10 Beta, also with the new Link enabled, but i haven't been able to get it to start or stop Studiomux, or any apps within Studiomux (Patterning, Dot Melody, among others), i have tried everything i can think of, but maybe i am missing something, ........ no-one seems to know exactly how this works yet......there is nothing in the Ableton 10 Beta release notes on how to implement it..........not to worry, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. All in all, great to see AppBC maintaining this incredibly useful app........

• @AudioGus said:
    I have AB2 and AB3 on the same iPad, they have run independently of each other from what I can tell. I have yet to try the latest Studiomux but I am assuming it only supports AB2.

Release notes state Audiobus 3 compatibility;
    Audiobus 3 compatibility
    iOS 11 compatibility
    fix for iPhone 6s/7/8/X
    new UI

• question: how many channels pc/mac -> ios do you have?

docs suggest 8 and studiomux app shows 8 inputs on ios side, and all 8 are visible in AUM

but on mac side i only have one output

anyone shed any light on this?

• @Iso said:

@AudioGus said:

Release notes state Audiobus 3 compatibility;
    Audiobus 3 compatibility
    iOS 11 compatibility
    fix for iPhone 6s/7/8/X
    new UI

right, doesn't sound like it works with AB3 though ;)

• edited December 2017

@wellingtonCres said:
    question: how many channels pc/mac -> ios do you have?

docs suggest 8 and studiomux app shows 8 inputs on ios side, and all 8 are visible in AUM

Sorry i don't have a mac to test it on. Could it be something to do with the new iDam protocol? Maybe you have to switch it off for Studiomux to see the outputs?

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@AudioGus said:

They can live next to each other on the same device. The only downside is AB preset links will open with AB2 when clicked ... at least as of the last time I checked. I keep AB2 uninstalled unless I need it for that reason.

• @Iso said:
    Sorry i don't have a mac to test it on. Could it be something to do with the new iDam protocol? Maybe you have to switch it off for Studiomux to see the outputs?

did a test and does not change when idam is enabled or disabled

do you get 8 on windows?

• @wellingtonCres said:

@Iso said:

did a test and does not change when idam is enabled or disabled

do you get 8 on windows?

Hi. yes, i just had eight working on win 10 with Ableton 10. Sorry, but i can't help you with mac OS, i have no experience with it.........

• First the good, worked fine using it with Logic Pro X, did a quick track using five instruments, all IOS audio units, ( Bassiclicious, Zeeon, Kauldron, Model15 and Syntronik ) recorded midi in Logic Pro X, added a few eq's etc, bounced the track down in realtime, was a success , now the bad.... tried to save the studiomux session so I could come back to the session later, but it wont save, every time I go to the load sessions it just says no sessions available, despite me saving it several times using different names, then when I quit and restart studiomux, if I choose load last sessions, it crashes, then after that it just crashes on launch, To get it to stop crashing on launch I had to delete and reinstall. Then tried to make a new session, and save it, still...doesnt save....launched it again and tried to load the last session again...back into crash mode and crashing on launch, and had to deleted and reinstall...again.

• edited December 2017

More bad.........no longer works on ios 10.3.3 on my iPhone 5c. No sound, and no transport at all in loaded apps. Completely broken I'm afraid.
    Can't remember the last time i used it on my 5c, so no big sweat for me , but this may mean it is broken for anyone still running 10.3.3 on their primary device........maybe someone could check? ( EDIT )........just thought......maybe it's a bad idea to update if you are on 10.3.3..........i am not going to update it on my old iPad 4 which i still use it on, until i hear that it is ok from someone braver, or the dev confirms that it is working ......

• So... while I opened this thread with much hope and promise... in conclusion after reading... I will not be updating SMux.
    As I always say;
    STUDIOMUX, fantastic software... if it ever FVCKING WORKS!!!!
    Cotdamnit!!

• SOrry, still blowing steam:
    See I got to a point where I came to peace with SMux, with what it did, and what it didn't do, and what made it crash, and I was fine, I was fine with now AB3 and no proper manual and finding my way in the dark.
    But don't tell me you are AB3 compatible and you are actually not.

• Studiomux shows as an 18/2 Interface, but since you can route audio to and from any of the 8 tracks it’s really an 18/16 Interface, if that makes sense ( 2 Channels are always reserved for Studiomux’s master Channel (1-2)).

I’ve just spent an hour trying the new Link transport controls with Studiomux - no luck getting Live’s transport to start or stop. I’m going to post on the Live 10 beta forum and see how this is supposed to work. In Studiomux if you tap the Link icon a new third option to control Live’s transport is there. And in Live’s preferences (Link/MIDI tab) there’s a new option as well to enable control of the transport. It’s just not working for me.

• edited December 2017

Hi,

Ableton Link transport control
    We haven't implemented this feature yet. It will be published, when Live 10 goes online.

Audiobus3 compatibility:
    There was an issue with the launch URL, we actually didn't check for the Audiobus3 URL. I uploaded an update checking for both the Audiobus2 and Audiobus3 URL. In case Audiobus3 is detected, it will now try to launch Audiobus3, if Audiobus3 isn't installed it will check, if Audiobus2 is installed and launch it if available. But audio transfer between studiomux and audiobus still works fine for us and our beta testers.

iOS 10.3.2
    I could only test studiomux on an iPad Pro running 10.3.2 and on an iPhone and it works fine, unfortunately i couldn't test on other devices running iOS 10 or lower.

We will upload a new update today.
    Best

Pascal

• Pascal,
    Don't want to sound rude, but you are claiming something to sell your product, that isn't even implemented,
    How do I know you will do anything when Ableton is updated.
    That is false advertising, your updates are few and far between, and sounds like you do your testing on what devices you have lying around, so is this AB2 or AB3 ?
    'There was an issue with the launch URL, we actually didn't check for the Audiobus3 URL.'
    Hhmmmm, why not
    I have used midimux before ios11, when it worked, great
    I still might buy this, but hearing about crashing above already .......

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Pascal,
    Don't want to sound rude, but you are claiming something to sell your product, that isn't even implemented,
    How do I know you will do anything when Ableton is updated.
    That is false advertising, your updates are few and far between, and sounds like you do your testing on what devices you have lying around, so is this AB2 or AB3 ?
    'There was an issue with the launch URL, we actually didn't check for the Audiobus3 URL.'
    Hhmmmm, why not
    I have used midimux before ios11, when it worked, great
    I still might buy this, but hearing about crashing above already .......

I don't think we have advertised the new Ableton Link transport feature?! Correct me if i'm wrong.
    We tested on both Audiobus2 and 3. But as mentioned in our Guide, we recommend to start Audiobus and the counterpart (receiving/sending) App, before starting studiomux. When testing Audiobus and studiomux, i usually start studiomux from audiobus, so i usually do not use the default audiobus launch button, sorry my fault.

Best

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Pascal,
    Don't want to sound rude,

Why is it people always say things like that when that is exactly what they are going to do?

and sounds like you do your testing on what devices you have lying around

As opposed to doing it on imaginary devices? Or having one each of every possible combination of idevice?

• Ok
    I stand corrected
    I didn't check , you didn't check
    Like I said, I want to buy this, as drifting back to Ableton, just want to make sure it works before spending more money again

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Ok
    I stand corrected
    Like I said, I want to buy this, as drifting back to Ableton, just want to make sure it works before spending more money again

Hi, just drop us a mail and you can try the beta. help aet midimux . com.

• any video tutorials for studiomux?

• @pascal_kaap
    Well thank you, I can't argue with that.
    I forgot to say that I appreciated that you also come on the forum so quickly,
    Basically I really hope it works smooth , as this is the missing piece too my puzzle
    Will mail later today, kids slowing me down

• @pascal_kaap said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    Ok
    I stand corrected

Hi, just drop us a mail and you can try the beta. help aet midimux . com.

Is there a reason I can’t save sessions or even reload the last session with it crashing? Can I send you a video somewhere?

• I've reported this to the developer but haven't seen a solutuon yet. While I can get audio from the iPhone 7+ now I still can't get devices in Studiomux to receive MIDI. It's weird because it works perfectly on my iPhone 6 with Studiomux (same iOS 11 latest). Both phones have the same settings.

• @Aud_iOS said:
    Studiomux shows as an 18/2 Interface, but since you can route audio to and from any of the 8 tracks it’s really an 18/16 Interface, if that makes sense ( 2 Channels are always reserved for Studiomux’s master Channel (1-2)).

no this does not make sense.

@pascal_kaap isnt studiomux supposed to have 8 ins and 8 outs?

also please consider moving the stereo mix to the end of the channel list, so we have input/output correspondence

• @wellingtonCres said:

@Aud_iOS said:
    Studiomux shows as an 18/2 Interface, but since you can route audio to and from any of the 8 tracks it’s really an 18/16 Interface, if that makes sense ( 2 Channels are always reserved for Studiomux’s master Channel (1-2)).

no this does not make sense.

@pascal_kaap isnt studiomux supposed to have 8 ins and 8 outs?

also please consider moving the stereo mix to the end of the channel list, so we have input/output correspondence

They are logical connections, so you can route from any Smux track to another, or to/from your pc/Mac to any. You can run multiple channels to any other, setting any of the 8 tracks to listen to any combo of other tracks. If u look in audio midi Setup on the Mac, you’ll see Smux lists as an 18/2 Audio Device.

• sorry that makes no sense, have you tried sending more than one stereo channel from mac to ios? one output means one output

• @wellingtonCres said:
    question: how many channels pc/mac -> ios do you have?

When its working I get up to 8 channels in Logic Pro X, do you have the studiomux app on your Mac? If I can get Studiomux to stop crashing on launch Ill post some pics.