Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thank you Jonatan Liljedahl...

2»

Comments

• I bought Sector. It's really cool, although I kind of have no idea what it is or how it works or what to do with it other than make weird rhythmic noises (not that there's anything wrong with that).

• edited December 2017

@j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:
    Yes thanks certainly for Audioshare and AUM without it iOS would have been totally different. But still missing the 2 years ago promised LINK update for Sector. I'm really missing that and it somehow looks like becoming abandonware Last update 9 jul 2015...

Sector is not abandonware, there's simply no bugs to fix in it :)

Regarding adding free new features to existing apps: My TODO list is constantly re-ordering itself, so sometimes stuff can take a really long while before I find the time and energy to start working on it.

Thanks for the explanation! :) And of course I know that you don't have a whole team around you. So completey understand your situation. Would say keep up the great work and certainly much respect for what you are doing as a dev! For me sector would be great if I could run it on a separate device and than using LINK.

• Yes best utility apps on iOS, bar none

• All his apps are next-level awesome. He's also part of the teams behind Yellofier, Gestrument, Nord Drum and probably tones more besides Kymatica.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

I bought Sector. It's really cool, although I kind of have no idea what it is or how it works or what to do with it other than make weird rhythmic noises (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Worth watching a few tutorials because there's a lot there and there's actually quite a lot of control. Two mini bits in case you're still in play mode:

1) Connect sectors to suggest the play order. Multiple connections from a single sector are OK too and it will pick where to go next each time it gets there.

2) you can use the internal sequencer to lock certain sectors to certain beats. This is sort of the main thing for me to keep it from constant chaos. As a start, presuming you have a drum loop of some sort loaded, put the kicks on the downbeats and set everything else to mayhem—you end up with sorta 'locked mayhem'.

• @syrupcore said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

I bought Sector. It's really cool, although I kind of have no idea what it is or how it works or what to do with it other than make weird rhythmic noises (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Worth watching a few tutorials because there's a lot there and there's actually quite a lot of control. Two mini bits in case you're still in play mode:

1) Connect sectors to suggest the play order. Multiple connections from a single sector are OK too and it will pick where to go next each time it gets there.

2) you can use the internal sequencer to lock certain sectors to certain beats. This is sort of the main thing for me to keep it from constant chaos. As a start, presuming you have a drum loop of some sort loaded, put the kicks on the downbeats and set everything else to mayhem—you end up with sorta 'locked mayhem'.

Thanks for the stuff to think about and try. I'm not really a drum machine guy, but I bought Sector and Patterning on Black Friday just because they both seem so cool. Can it be used for actual melodies, or is it all rhythmic sample manipulation?

• @syrupcore said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Thanks for this, I know Sector is brilliant, as Hegel’s stuff is brilliant, and like Hegels stuff I keep it available but haven’t delved very deeply.
    Off to YouTube

As for thanks to JT: your stuff is elegant essential beautiful brilliant

• @j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:
    Yes thanks certainly for Audioshare and AUM without it iOS would have been totally different. But still missing the 2 years ago promised LINK update for Sector. I'm really missing that and it somehow looks like becoming abandonware Last update 9 jul 2015...

Regarding adding free new features to existing apps: My TODO list is constantly re-ordering itself, so sometimes stuff can take a really long while before I find the time and energy to start working on it.

Dude, you should really make some new features as IAPs to generate revenue to fund further development. I’m always happy to fund development.

Also furthermore, I did ask if you’d consider making a universal MIDI sequencer app what can compliment both Audioshare AND AUM. :) As stated, I’d pay $19.99 for it. Cheers mate. :sunglasses:

• edited December 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:

Dude, you should really make some new features as IAPs to generate revenue to fund further development. I’m always happy to fund development.

As a user, I'm not very fond of IAPs. As a developer, I've never implemented them and am not feeling much interest in doing so. I'm totally OK with adding Link for free in Sector, just need to find the time for it. On the other hand, the AUv3 versions of my AUFX apps will probably be released as new apps, since it will be a major rewrite.

Also furthermore, I did ask if you’d consider making a universal MIDI sequencer app what can compliment both Audioshare AND AUM. :) As stated, I’d pay $19.99 for it. Cheers mate. :sunglasses:

I have several ideas for a MIDI sequencer app(s), and really looking forward to start working on it when all the ideas have settled into something meaningful, and when there's time for a whole new project. Also, now we have AU MIDI out so I might go that route as well, complementing the awesome Rozeta plugins with my own take on simple modular sequencers.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    I have several ideas ...

>

Loop recording in AUM?

• @Zen210507 said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    I have several ideas ...

>

Loop recording in AUM?

Perhaps an idea for a drinking game?

• @j_liljedahl said:
    I have several ideas for a MIDI sequencer app(s), and really looking forward to start working on it when all the ideas have settled into something meaningful, and when there's time for a whole new project. Also, now we have AU MIDI out so I might go that route as well, complementing the awesome Rozeta plugins with my own take on simple modular sequencers.

Looking forward!

• @Zen210507 said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    I have several ideas ...

>

Loop recording in AUM?

AUM syncs with link apps and records perfect loops—is that what you had in mind?

• @hightunnels said.
    AUM syncs with link apps and records perfect loops—is that what you had in mind?

>

Ah yes, of course, I must give that a try.

What I was thinking, though, was an addition to the in-built recording, which would record and overdub loops to pre designated size, in terms of bars.

• That would be cool. Yeah, the record function as it stands now is great for making loops to feed into samplr (or whoever else might be hungry for loops!)

• Sector as AU? Or a Sector2 AU app within a Sector bundle ?
    Would love launching multiple instances ;)

• +1
    I would gladly support further development of your apps, IAP or another purchase.
    Sector AU (even as a simple preset player), and AUFX bundle as AU are my secret wishes for quite some time now :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@hightunnels said.

>

What I was thinking, though, was an addition to the in-built recording, which would record and overdub loops to pre designated size, in terms of bars.

Such a looper would be great as a separate effect AU plugin.

• @j_liljedahl said:

>

Instant buy for me.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hightunnels said.

>

Indeed. Something like the instant looping function in djay but for incoming live audio as opposed to recorded. In fact, if djay could just get live audio in from an Audiobus source or work as an effect in AUM that'd be so amazing. But it doesn't have a proper built-in MIDI clock nor Link so I don't see it happening. Has to come from elsewhere.

• @j_liljedahl I would love to finally see landscape mode for Audioshare on iPhone ;)

• @j_liljedahl said:

I don't mean to be intrusive but man-oh-man would I enjoy rooting around in your x-code /experiments/* folder!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hightunnels said.

>

Indeed. Or it could be built into the new AU version of Sector. And all of our faces could Indiana Jones melt simultaneously. :D