Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Autistic students iPad band.

2»

Comments

• @MonzoPro glad to hear he’s in a decent school. I wish you success as you follow up with your complaints and legal action. Too often systems lose sight of who they’re supposed to be serving. I hope Monzo Jr receives treatment for the traumatic ordeal so that its impact on the rest of his life is minimized. I hope the greedy are made to accept responsibility for their despicable behavior.

• @InfoCheck said:
    @MonzoPro glad to hear he’s in a decent school. I wish you success as you follow up with your complaints and legal action. Too often systems lose sight of who they’re supposed to be serving. I hope Monzo Jr receives treatment for the traumatic ordeal so that its impact on the rest of his life is minimized. I hope the greedy are made to accept responsibility for their despicable behavior.

Thank you. Good to see things are different for some in the vid, maybe things will improve over here sometime.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:
    Great video, those students did really well. I think all students would benefit from being able to have access to these sorts of musical resources.

You wouldn’t believe the amount of time I’ve spent battling the education system here, just to ensure my son gets a basic level of education or even humane treatment. At his last school he was placed behind a screen in the corridor in isolation, in a 2x4ft space, with a sign on it telling everyone not to speak to him. When he tried to go to the loo he was rugby tackled to the floor by the headmaster in an (unofficial) ‘restraint’.

The general consensus here is they should be dumped in a facility with ‘problem kids’.

Great some have access to resources like this, but in cash strapped Wales they’re thrown on the scrapheap.

Is there a word that combines heartbreak and rage?

I can think of a few...

@JeffChasteen said:

@MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:
    Great video, those students did really well. I think all students would benefit from being able to have access to these sorts of musical resources.

You wouldn’t believe the amount of time I’ve spent battling the education system here, just to ensure my son gets a basic level of education or even humane treatment. At his last school he was placed behind a screen in the corridor in isolation, in a 2x4ft space, with a sign on it telling everyone not to speak to him. When he tried to go to the loo he was rugby tackled to the floor by the headmaster in an (unofficial) ‘restraint’.

The general consensus here is they should be dumped in a facility with ‘problem kids’.

Great some have access to resources like this, but in cash strapped Wales they’re thrown on the scrapheap.

That is downright criminal treatment of your son. Go to the district head (or U.K. equivalent ) and detail to them what is going on. I am not familiar with U.K. Legislation, but there is more than likely a provision that mandates he is to receive a free and appropriate education in a least restrictive environment, and be provided with all supports, modifications, and accommodations ensuring that he can access that education. Don't give up. What they are doing to him is grossly wrong, and most likely legally actionable.

We put in an official complaint to the school governors but it was ignored, so we were told we had to put in a complaint about the complaint not being responded to (it includes disability discrimination, physical assault, lack of action on bullying, etc.). We've done that, and are waiting to hear the response. In the meantime the police picked up on the illegal 'restraints', and that's going through as a separate thing. The police have confirmed it would be classed as an assault (against a 7 year old disabled child), but because it occurred more than 6 months ago they can't prosecute. Of course if they'd responded to our complaint when we put it in...that would have gone through.

I think what's shocked us more than the actual failings at the school, is the way our serious complaints were stonewalled. We even asked the secretary for education for help but they said they couldn't 'act on individual cases'. It's now blowing up in their faces as ours is not the only complaint they're dealing with. The Head is currently suspended. Eventually we will be sueing the school and education authority, but we have to go through the process with the initial series of complaints first. I'd like to see a full investigation into not only the issues at the school, but subsequent cover up.

Fortunately Monzo Jnr. is at a new school where the teachers and Head are absolutely brilliant and lovely, but he's suffering PTSD-like conditions after his year of bad treatment, and could have permanent issues with anxiety.

It's been a year of hell, basically.

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:

Is there a word that combines heartbreak and rage?

I can think of a few...

@JeffChasteen said:

@MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:

That is downright criminal treatment of your son. Go to the district head (or U.K. equivalent ) and detail to them what is going on. I am not familiar with U.K. Legislation, but there is more than likely a provision that mandates he is to receive a free and appropriate education in a least restrictive environment, and be provided with all supports, modifications, and accommodations ensuring that he can access that education. Don't give up. What they are doing to him is grossly wrong, and most likely legally actionable.

We put in an official complaint to the school governors but it was ignored, so we were told we had to put in a complaint about the complaint not being responded to (it includes disability discrimination, physical assault, lack of action on bullying, etc.). We've done that, and are waiting to hear the response. In the meantime the police picked up on the illegal 'restraints', and that's going through as a separate thing. The police have confirmed it would be classed as an assault (against a 7 year old disabled child), but because it occurred more than 6 months ago they can't prosecute. Of course if they'd responded to our complaint when we put it in...that would have gone through.

I think what's shocked us more than the actual failings at the school, is the way our serious complaints were stonewalled. We even asked the secretary for education for help but they said they couldn't 'act on individual cases'. It's now blowing up in their faces as ours is not the only complaint they're dealing with. The Head is currently suspended. Eventually we will be sueing the school and education authority, but we have to go through the process with the initial series of complaints first. I'd like to see a full investigation into not only the issues at the school, but subsequent cover up.

Fortunately Monzo Jnr. is at a new school where the teachers and Head are absolutely brilliant and lovely, but he's suffering PTSD-like conditions after his year of bad treatment, and could have permanent issues with anxiety.

It's been a year of hell, basically.

I am glad to hear that things are improved, and he is in a far better environment receiving the assistance that he needs (and is entitled to)

• @MonzoPro Holy hell man! I’m screaming at my screen! I’m so sorry you and yours have gone through that kind treatment. Keep fighting. Don’t let the bastards get away with it. You’re right and just.

• @MonzoPro If you have any interest, maybe you could organize a community meet-up for special needs kids to work on creative projects. You could do it in your community and/or online. If there's enough interest, you might be able to fund a not-for-profit creative space for special needs children.

Good luck, and glad things are looking up.