Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta Cells - Polyphonic Step Recorder (update LIVE)

edited December 2017 in General App Discussion

The update is off to Apple for review, so it should be coming in the next few days...

Should feel familiar to anyone who has ever used an SH-101 (or Microbrute) sequencer.

Comments

• All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is see your eyes
    Rosanna, Rosanna
    I never thought that a girl like you could ever care for me, Rosanna

• Brilliant, thanks for the quick work :)

• Happy to pay for this Bram!

• Step & Tie are two features I will test when it's out :)
    (In Logic Pro X I use the Sustain Pedal during step-input. With no notes held the sustain pedal advances one step, with notes held it 'sustains/ties' the notes to the next step).

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:
    Step & Tie are two features I will test when it's out :)

By default all steps have the same gate length. You can disable "global gate length" and set different gate lengths for each individual step (I didn't make this the default because it takes extra interactions to set it for each step). Ties can be created by setting the gate length of a step > 100%. This will automatically tie or overlap depending on the next note(s).

• You sir, are on fire! Whatever it is you are taking, please send some to slower developers. ;)

• Woot. It’s like you read some Jedi text’s or something and came up with all these. ;-0

• @brambos On a side note, do developers ever hire or commission consulting from other developers for UX and GUI design? Your apps are all visually appealing and laid out in ways that make intuitive sense. Even for those who haven’t spent many years using audio software.

There are a lot of brilliant apps out there that could enjoy much greater adoption rates with increased sales, if they just had a little help in the UX/GUI department.

Or, are profits really not high enough yet to justify the extra development expense?

• This looks great. Can’t wait to get it in my hands.

• edited December 2017

@skiphunt said:
    SunVox Drums + Rozeta is a marvelous thing :)

Ah....didn’t know you could do that. Must dig s_nv_x out at some point.

• @brambos awesome. So did you just give us MidiSteps with this update? B) <3

• Update is live! Should be finding its way into the App Store Updates section in the next few hours.

Hope you like it!

@skiphunt said:
    @brambos On a side note, do developers ever hire or commission consulting from other developers for UX and GUI design? Your apps are all visually appealing and laid out in ways that make intuitive sense. Even for those who haven’t spent many years using audio software.

I think it happens, although I haven't been involved in any such project myself. I guess it depends on how much revenue an app is expected to make. I reckon on iOS for many indie devs the ROI will not be sufficient.

• Got it!

Oh and you just happened to drop in a BM3 pad template as well...

BIG UPDATE!

:smiley: thank you @brambos

• Great stuff, in UK now.

• The random thing is really good for happy accidents, nice one Bram another gem.

• Just updated but can’t find Rozeta Cells in the list of AU plugins in AUM.. is it perhaps inside one of the other plugins?

• Nevermind, it must have not installed properly coz the update just showed up again and Cells has appeared. Excited to give it a go.

• @brambos Just installed 'Cells' and wonder...
    ...would it be possible to have a tap on 'Empty/Rest' button advance to the next step when 'Advance' is on?
    This would make it easier to 'play in' the rests.

• edited December 2017

@brambos Cells crashes in BM3 always when i hit “STOP” (beatmaker’s stop playback)

latest iOS, iPad Air(1)

• @Samu said:
    @brambos Just installed 'Cells' and wonder...
    ...would it be possible to have a tap on 'Empty/Rest' button advance to the next step when 'Advance' is on?
    This would make it easier to 'play in' the rests.

I think that’s possible.

@dendy said:
    @brambos Cells crashes in BM3 always when i hit “STOP” (beatmaker’s stop playback)

latest iOS, iPad Air(1)

Hmmm.. it worked correctly for me. I’ll check if that was on the BM3 beta. Thanks for the heads up!

• @dendy said:

I can reproduce it on the live version of BM3. It happens for me when pressing "stop" twice while in recording mode. Doesn't happen in AUM. I'll check what's wrong. :#

• edited December 2017

for me it happens (good point that only with record mode in Cells is active) , on single stop tap.

• Great addition to Rozeta, thanks :)

I’ve noticed that it doesn’t scale up to full screen so looks a bit weird in BM3 12.9 ipad. Some scale like Rhythm and xy and Bassline. But the others including particle, xox and cells don’t. So these look a big odd on 12.9. Is it possible to allow scaling for these too?

• Another great addition to an already wonderful app.

• I think it should change it’s name to Rozeta World.