Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordflow update, now with melody tracks

We're really getting spoiled lately. Chordflow is now the closest to an iOS version of Odesi desktop. In some ways, it's even better

Comments

• I’m really impressed by this app. Only thing that is actually missing is the possibility to have a filter to display only the chords that match the selected scale...I still have to use another app for this (the excellent Suggester)

• @cuscolima said:
    I’m really impressed by this app. Only thing that is actually missing is the possibility to have a filter to display only the chords that match the selected scale...I still have to use another app for this (the excellent Suggester)

+1. That is the one thing still missing, reminding me that I don't really know what I'm doing. Much like Navichord, it's gone from a great debut to stellar maturity.

I'd also like multi channel midi export so I don't have to wire everything up to record to a DAW. So lazy, me.

• @aaronpc said:

@cuscolima said:
    I’m really impressed by this app. Only thing that is actually missing is the possibility to have a filter to display only the chords that match the selected scale...I still have to use another app for this (the excellent Suggester)

+1. That is the one thing still missing, reminding me that I don't really know what I'm doing. Much like Navichord, it's gone from a great debut to stellar maturity.

I'd also like multi channel midi export so I don't have to wire everything up to record to a DAW. So lazy, me.

Multi channel midi export would be amazing

• @cuscolima said:

This is on the devs ‘to do’ list.

• MIDI export is essential, at least to me. In other apps, too. A lot of apps seem to assume that they'll be used only for live jamming/performing... I don't know why.

But maybe MIDI export is difficult to implement, for some reason? I don't code, so I have no idea.

Anyway ChordFlow is marvellous, regardless... but I will get a LOT more use out of it when MIDI export is added.

• this is absolutely terrific, i am using it more and more. the dev is a gem and very open to discussion.

• Awesome developer; I quite like ChordUp on the iPhone too for laying down a few chords manually in Gadget etc.

• @zpxlng said:
    MIDI export is essential, at least to me. In other apps, too. A lot of apps seem to assume that they'll be used only for live jamming/performing... I don't know why.

But maybe MIDI export is difficult to implement, for some reason? I don't code, so I have no idea.

Anyway ChordFlow is marvellous, regardless... but I will get a LOT more use out of it when MIDI export is added.

Yes I don’t understand it. And I’m not trying to be mean. Lots of apps don’t have basic midi import or export. I wish I knew coding to understand if it’s very difficult or time consuming. I for one never perform live so this is a bigger deal to me. Nice updat though on the app.

• Loving this app big time! Great update!!

• edited December 2017

@zpxlng said:
    MIDI export is essential, at least to me. In other apps, too. A lot of apps seem to assume that they'll be used only for live jamming/performing... I don't know why.

To be honest I just send all midi to Modstep and record it all. I guess I'm just used to do things like this with ableton in some of my more intricate experiments and translated to iOS really easily. Ableton link makes sure that all the midi is in perfect time. I just start recording when the phrase repeats.

• Amazing app, bought it the first day out and it’s sparked so many ideas. I do find the inputting of chords a bit tedious - I’d love to see MIDI input, play your chords in or have them fed from another app and get the Chordflow arp treatment on top, would be sweet!

• love this app and the update is a serious upgrade. velocity would be a welcome addition. something along the lines (no pun intended) of steppolyarps system

• @LeonLeroy said:
    love this app and the update is a serious upgrade. velocity would be a welcome addition. something along the lines (no pun intended) of steppolyarps system

YES! And we might as well request MIDI CC automation lanes at the same time ;)

• edited December 2017

Export midi lives...

• @AudioGus said:
    Export midi lives...

Huge.

• Big update. Tried it last night before bed, and it's great.

• Can this do velocity too?

• No. It forgoes some things like that for the sake of a speedy workflow. Export to a DAW like Cubasis and you can draw it in quickly.

• Great update! :)

• @aaronpc said:
    No. It forgoes some things like that for the sake of a speedy workflow. Export to a DAW like Cubasis and you can draw it in quickly.

Ok thanks :)

• I believe I left a pretty critical post of this when it first came out and I have to say I was very much wrong in my critiques. Every time I use this tool I come up with something interesting and it’s quite fun to use.

• Sorry, the mention of 'chords' (which is a big deal for me): Is this solved by running two or more 'tracks' with the same instrument?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry, the mention of 'chords' (which is a big deal for me): Is this solved by running two or more 'tracks' with the same instrument?

That would work. Since the tracks are overlayed while editing it should be easy. The arp section lets you use up to 6 "voices" but it's pretty not able to do complex chords by itself.

Also appreciating the new sounds. I can't be bothered to jump through MIDI hoops while out and about, so now I no longer have to sound like I'm a writing a score for a Gameboy.

• @aaronpc said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry, the mention of 'chords' (which is a big deal for me): Is this solved by running two or more 'tracks' with the same instrument?

That would work. Since the tracks are overlayed while editing it should be easy. The arp section lets you use up to 6 "voices" but it's pretty not able to do complex chords by itself.

Also appreciating the new sounds. I can't be bothered to jump through MIDI hoops while out and about, so now I no longer have to sound like I'm a writing a score for a Gameboy.

Thanks Skipper, just wanted to check I wasn't missing something more slinky. Agree entirely about the chiptunage...

• I agree, a brilliant update.
    Does any one know if it is possible to have a melody or arp have a rest or is it always a continuous line?

• In other threads we’ve seen and discussed how things can go wrong with developers. So it is especially welcome to find something so right.

Excellent update. Keep up the good work!

• @nick said:
    I agree, a brilliant update.
    Does any one know if it is possible to have a melody or arp have a rest or is it always a continuous line?

The thin line between the dots and thick lines are all rests. Perhaps I misunderstand.

I assume you could have a rest in the form of a blank section in between two sections, but I haven't tried it.

• @aaronpc said:

@nick said:
    I agree, a brilliant update.

The thin line between the dots and thick lines are all rests. Perhaps I misunderstand.

I assume you could have a rest in the form of a blank section in between two sections, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks, yes indeed they are rests. I was looking for a way to have two different lines, visually separating two melodies. but yes, I now realize I can just have a very long connecting line and that will be the pause.