Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand + Rozeta

Getting it done anyway I can. I hope this doesn’t violate @brambos terms of use :#

Comments

• edited December 2017

How are you able to drag the recorded Rozeta midi up to the Ruismaker track? When I try the same, GB says I can only drag a recorder or amp to the Ruismaker track.

• @skiphunt said:
    How are you able to drag the recorded Rozeta midi up to the Ruismaker track? When I try the same, GB says I can only drag a recorder or amp to the Ruismaker track.

That’s odd. Are you on the latest GB? There was an update a couple days ago

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

Yes, I believe so. I pretty much always update everything without pause.

• I just tried again it works every time. Have you tried a different Rozeta sequencer? Just now I noticed XOX lost its GUI a couple times during experimenting

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

Doh! I figured out what I did wrong. I’d added Ruismaker as an IAA instead of an AU. Thx for the idea though. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

Doh! I figured out what I did wrong. I’d added Ruismaker as an IAA instead of an AU. Thx for the idea though. :)

Haaa. Cool. Hopefully GB supports Rozeta the correct way soon.

• Heh.. that's cool. And technically GB already supports MIDI AU the 'correct way', because this is how they envisioned it would be used... Recording the MIDI played on instruments with a keyboard built-in (e.g. Model 15). Being able to route the MIDI to another instrument is likely not part of their imaginary specs.

But it's not a very imaginative use of something so cool and so full of potential :D

• @brambos said:
    Heh.. that's cool. And technically GB already supports MIDI AU the 'correct way', because this is how they envisioned it would be used... Recording the MIDI played on instruments with a keyboard built-in (e.g. Model 15). Being able to route the MIDI to another instrument is likely not part of their imaginary specs.

But it's not a very imaginative use of something so cool and so full of potential :D

I just have to believe they will implement MIDI AU into track inserts. It’s too cool to not do. So much good music would be the result :'(

• @realdavidai said:

@brambos said:
    Heh.. that's cool. And technically GB already supports MIDI AU the 'correct way', because this is how they envisioned it would be used... Recording the MIDI played on instruments with a keyboard built-in (e.g. Model 15). Being able to route the MIDI to another instrument is likely not part of their imaginary specs.

I just have to believe they will implement MIDI AU into track inserts. It’s too cool to not do. So much good music would be the result :'(

Their GB team is located far outside the Cupertino Ivory Tower and they're open to influences from the field, so it's not impossible. But there is no other example in the current app where anything (audio, MIDI, controller data) is routed to another track, as far as I know. So I don't give it a very high chance.

• edited December 2017

Good to know, thanks!

• edited December 2017

@brambos said:

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

Their GB team is located far outside the Cupertino Ivory Tower and they're open to influences from the field, so it's not impossible. But there is no other example in the current app where anything (audio, MIDI, controller data) is routed to another track, as far as I know. So I don't give it a very high chance.

Uggh stop with the reality checks!!, Now I Need another fantasy:

How about this for 2019:

Ruismaker Pro $29.99
    16 delicious pads
    all the models from RMaker and RMakerFM
    Scalable AU UI
    AU MIDI out
    2 Sequencers based on Rozeta Rhythm and X0X
    Note Repeat
    Featured at iPad Pro 2019 launch event.

• @brambos said:

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

I'd say it'll happen eventually, what with the midi plug-ins they introduced in Logic Pro X there is a precedent for this kind of thing. Nice job in Rozeta by the way!

• Does anyone know if the new GB & Rozeta updates made it possible to properly use those 2 together?

• It looks like the original video has been removed. Does anyone know the technique that was demonstrated?

• @orand said:
    It looks like the original video has been removed. Does anyone know the technique that was demonstrated?

I think he create a sequence in a Rozeta AU, then tap GarageBand rec button, That will create a midi part he can drag on another instrument track. Just have tested it and it works brillantly, even if you can’t hear what you do at first, you still can edit with piano roll.