Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Impc Pro 2 (bundle is live)

Comments

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder if it will do 'lazy choping' when listening to tracks from Spotify?
    That alone (naturally with Files.app integration) would make it a worthy companion to any app ;)

Yes, the Spotify integration is very interesting. Although when I tried to get that feature to work with Hook, it seemed that you couldn't specify a specific segment to grab; you could choose the song, but it gave you a random 30 seconds or something if I recall. Which makes sense — a legacy of the RIAA's panicky restrictions on copying music.

• are there mappings for the mpd226?

• @LeonLeroy said:
    are there mappings for the mpd226?

iMPC Pro has midi learn, so I'd imagine they would include it.
    Any word from anybody on the update/bundle?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@LeonLeroy said:

Yeah, would be nice if anyone sees the bundle on their end could let us know. Nothing here in Texas yet....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@LeonLeroy said:

MIDI learn is limited. Will wait until someone could confirm full midi map

• @Korakios said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@LeonLeroy said:

MIDI learn is limited. Will wait until someone could confirm full midi map

Fair enough. I don't have any hardware. However — if the MPD226 syncs perfectly with iMPC Pro2, wouldn't that be a much cheaper version of the MPC LIve?

• I thought Egoist , BM3, Beatonal etc etc was enough now this has to come along and tempt me
    With all these beat machines I’m far from my island home
    I know it’s early in the game but what will impc pro 2 do that outshines other applications?

• My biggest hope for iMPC Pro 2 is that it instigates a sale for BM3. :smiley:

• @telecharge said:
    My biggest hope for iMPC Pro 2 is that it instigates a sale for BM3. :smiley:

Nice :tongue:

• edited December 2017

Just a quick look and listen around the new update @Retronyms nice work team!

• That looks pretty great. I always wanted a way to use the iMPC slice-top-pads sampling in a live track....

Eagerly awaiting the AppStore fix to allow the bundle to go live.

• Can anyone explain how can one 'complete the bundle'? I "only" have iMPC Pro 1 and have no clue how to get that 10off unless there is something else I needed to buy in which case..I'm out (for now) :)

• @zhoe said:
    Can anyone explain how can one 'complete the bundle'? I "only" have iMPC Pro 1 and have no clue how to get that 10off unless there is something else I needed to buy in which case..I'm out (for now) :)

I think you need to purchase the new app from within the new Audiocopy update, or maybe from within the store in iMPC Pro? But at the moment, the bundle deal is not reflected.

And watching the video from @echoopera, I'm hit with the reality: Is this another DAW??

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    That looks pretty great. I always wanted a way to use the iMPC slice-top-pads sampling in a live track....

Eagerly awaiting the AppStore fix to allow the bundle to go live.

taps fingers on desk, resents that this bundle business is not clear/resolved/propagated and instead must get back to work, sighs....

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

And watching the video from @echoopera, I'm hit with the reality: Is this another DAW??

Looks to be...(and kinda makes hosting in Tabletop redundant)

• How is this different from BM3? A comparison video would be really informative. I have never used previous versions of impc pro. I have BM3 but this looks interesting.

• @fattigman said:
    How is this different from BM3? A comparison video would be really informative. I have never used previous versions of impc pro. I have BM3 but this looks interesting.

Yes Sir, will really like a side by side comparison.

This is looking much easier to 'get going' ... Time will tell..

Anyway, I am still buying...

Over to you iMaschine...

BTW Maschine 2.7 (Audio) is sweet.

• @RajahP said:
    >
    BTW Maschine 2.7 (Audio) is sweet.

Ooh is that out now? Cool.....

• @MonzoPro We are still waiting for Apple to approve the bundle. Thanks so much for your patience! - Taylor

@yonhorizon 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8 are the available rhythms.

Export options: render a .wav in AudioCopy and there’s tons to do there (iTunes, Garageband, Dropbox, etc), share on SoundCloud, share on YouTube…

Non-wav exports: you can export MPC Desktop and export MIDI as well. We’ve included the ability to archive projects and import them back into iMPC Pro too!

@hansjbs Yes, we’ve included export to MPC desktop! I am so excited about that feature. We’ve also included import/export projects to bounce between both Pro 1 and Pro 2.

@richuill This issue is fixed in our hot fix update (available now in the App Store).

@Korakios Yes, we’ve focused extensive time on improving MIDI options and support :)

• @kuhl @fruitbat1919 It seems like there has been a miscommunication. The bundle price offers a discount of whatever you originally paid for iMPC Pro 1. This can be a range of prices for everyone, as sometimes the app has been on sale and that can affect the purchase price. There are no in app purchases for Pro 2. For example, if you paid $13 for iMPC Pro 1, your bundle price would be around $15. This is only an approximation, as every account will be different. Hope that helps! :)

@MonzoPro We are still waiting for Apple to approve the bundle. Sorry for the delay!

@dendy No there isn’t. We’d love to do an update and add all of this in.

@gmslayton We wanted to give you a smaller download size, so iMPC Pro 2 comes with 5 free sound packs available in AudioCopy for free. :)

• @exasperis99 @johnnygoodyear @zhoe We’re still patiently awaiting the bundle to be approved. Thanks for waiting! :)

@korakios @exasperis99 MIDI Learn focuses on the drum pad interfaces and the mixer right now. We’re working on MIDI learn testing for the keyboard when an AU is loaded as I type this!

@echoopera Thanks again for the kind words!!

• Taylor
  • @Retronyms Thank you Taylor. Once the bundle option is release I will buy it and import all my impc pro 1 tracks.

• @Retronyms
    Ok here are a few observations:

• Scale mode is always reset to Chromatic when I reopen the Project
    • IAA FX tend not to reload when you reopen a file
    • AU Midi notes seem to hang from time to time
    • Any chance to reflect the selected Scale in Keys in the Timeline view?
    • Any way to change the Octave of an AU in the Performance view on the Pads (seems locked to C3 as lowest octave)?
    • 2 Finger gesture to pan instead of 4 fingers in Timeline view

Really liking the AU support…still some things to tighten up…but I love where it’s headed!

Cheers,
    -policarpo

• Bummer about the lack of AU automation.

@Retronyms Congrats on the release! Is there a way to copy the mixer state from one pattern to another?

• @syrupcore said:
    Bummer about the lack of AU automation.

@Retronyms Congrats on the release! Is there a way to copy the mixer state from one pattern to another?

Agreed on both of these....

• Still no 'bundle' for download but those of you who've got it...

Can we also 'sample/record' AUv3's to pads?(Or easily convert 'AUv3 Midi Track' to a sample?).
    What about copying a piece of recorded audio to a pad?
    Can the onscreen piano also be used with samples?(Like a 'keyboard mode' for samples?).

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to 'Spotify Sampling' and maybe a future version will include 'Lazy Chop' while playing music from iTunes or Spotify, that would be totally awesome!

• edited December 2017

@Samu said:
    Still no 'bundle' for download but those of you who've got it...

Can we also 'sample/record' AUv3's to pads?(Or easily convert 'AUv3 Midi Track' to a sample?).
    What about copying a piece of recorded audio to a pad?
    Can the onscreen piano also be used with samples?(Like a 'keyboard mode' for samples?).

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to 'Spotify Sampling' and maybe a future version will include 'Lazy Chop' while playing music from iTunes or Spotify, that would be totally awesome!

No onscreen keyboard for samples that’s a big bummer. Still trying to figure out a way to copy impc Pro v1 song to pro 2.

All samples go to AudioCopy

• edited December 2017

The piano roll needs help. The black on black is tuff to see and better note editing on the piano role needs to be added. It is very hard to lengthen a note or even shorten it.

Add a keyboard option to the perform screen.

Can’t find a way to get impc Pro projects to version 2. And list the projects as a list option instead of scrolling Thru disks.

A way to save the sample without going thru AudioCopy

Add some color options in the app. All black is tuff.

Unlock impc university instead of waiting for one piece a day.

A way to rename tracks.

Add some way better fx to the tweak screen for each pad. Such as a reverb chorus and so on and multi fx on one pad. Take advantage of what you got and don’t limit this app please.

And don’t be a 1980s program. More export options than iTunes or AudioCopy.

I want this app to app but you have to want it to work to.

• @stormywaterz said:

A way to save the sample without going thru AudioCopy

+1 for this. Import & Export using the iCloudDrive/DocumentPicker/Files.app interface would allow for more sources & destinations without any major hassle and feel 'right at home' on iOS11+

• Retronyms tweet just came through...

Hi everyone! Thanks for your patience with the iMPC Pro Release bundle. We are still waiting for Apple to approve it and will let everyone know when it goes live! #iMPCPro2