Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aparillo from Sugar Bytes looks amazing. Kinda reminds me of Wavemapper2. Hope it comes out for IOS!

Comments

• I guess I just don’t jibe with SugarBytes. There’s something about their design philosophy and interfaces that turns me way off. I did enjoy the cartoony accent though.

• I wouldn't count on it. They said they would bring "Factory" synth over to iOS a few years ago. Instead they brought out ther ancient vst "Unique" instead.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I guess I just don’t jibe with SugarBytes. There’s something about their design philosophy and interfaces that turns me way off. I did enjoy the cartoony accent though.

I feel the same way for some reason! Though I kinda like Turnado's interface more than the others.

• I have Turnado, and while it's mind-bogglingly deep, I find the sound to be very digital and cold. This is a wholly different beast, and right up my alley for generative sounds lately.

C'mon, Sugar Bytes - port this to iOS!

• @studs1966 said:
    I wouldn't count on it. They said they would bring "Factory" synth over to iOS a few years ago. Instead they brought out ther ancient vst "Unique" instead.

What a dud. By far my lamest purchase of the year.

• Looks great for sound design and also very touch friendly so fingers crossed for an iPad version :smile:

• That looks up my street :)

• @studs1966 said:
    I wouldn't count on it. They said they would bring "Factory" synth over to iOS a few years ago. Instead they brought out ther ancient vst "Unique" instead.

yeh, never quite understood this!

• edited December 2017

@studs1966 said:

Seems they said they wouldn’t bring Factory synth over to iOS. See the post from Sugar Bytes at the bottom of the page.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=460543&start=75

• @oat_phipps said:
    I did enjoy the cartoony accent though.

>

Sounds like a New Zealand accent to me. Just replace ‘a’ with ‘i’ so have becomes hiv. :)

As for Sugarbytes, I bought a couple of their apps, enthusiastic for the weird noises...but hardly ever open, let alone use them. So however good this app may be, it’s not for me.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I guess I just don’t jibe with SugarBytes. There’s something about their design philosophy and interfaces that turns me way off. I did enjoy the cartoony accent though.

Exact opposite for me.

The marketing hits me smooth on the shaft, "looks good feels good" first response with their approach .

Interesting to see how each of us have such varying views but mesh so well as a community.

We are a great example for the rest of the world.

LOL

• @Beathoven said:

@studs1966 said:

Seems they said they wouldn’t bring Factory synth over to iOS. See the post from Sugar Bytes at the bottom of the page.

• @studs1966 said:

@Beathoven said:

@studs1966 said:

Look around 10mins 45 sec about iOS........ Just saying... ;)

• I don’t want to be contrary but he doesn’t say Factory will be released for iOS. He makes some comments about Sugar Bytes’ continued development of iOS projects. Evidence of which we’ve seen this past year.

• Had a quick play with it via Ableton and my ipad controlling the orbit morpher. Really great for modulations. Can't see why they won't port this one as they won't need to change the interface.

• edited December 2017

@Carnbot said:
    Had a quick play with it via Ableton and my ipad controlling the orbit morpher. Really great for modulations. Can't see why they won't port this one as they won't need to change the interface.

Seems quite intentional to me. Of course they will future proof their UIs now. Mobile devices of all sorts will certainly be able to run any of their apps eventually so why not...

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:
    Had a quick play with it via Ableton and my ipad controlling the orbit morpher. Really great for modulations. Can't see why they won't port this one as they won't need to change the interface.

Seems quite intentional to me. Of course they will future proof their UIs now. Mobile devices of all sorts will certainly be able to run any of their apps eventually so why not...

Was thinking the same, looks universal in the design :)

• They sent me this today so here is my demo, this sounds like nothing else, it doesn’t sound either analog, digital or FM, it’s mad and very very cool beans

• This thing strikes me as a sound design dream. I want it.

• I think this is just awesome, I'm really getting to things that sound like a loop when they are played, like my Little Hearts Video from a few days ago, everything is played on the Keys but it sounds like a loop, and this is perfect for that

• It would be cruel of them not to release this on iOS, the morphing looks amazing!

• edited December 2017

Just trying the demo and it has some of the most stunning sounds I have ever heard... be it on an album or a movie, wherever...

"The Explorer EV" melts my brain... just hold a key for about a minute.... O_o

• How did Doug know I was going to love it? It does sound very cool. Nice demo @thesoundtestroom

• @AudioGus said:
    Just trying the demo and it has some of the most stunning sounds I have ever heard... be it on an album or a movie, wherever...

"The Explorer EV" melts my brain... just hold a key for about a minute.... O_o

How long do you get, and any limitations with recording audio on the demo? I might download it and use it for sample fodder.