Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Hi all,

I'd like to let you know that I have left my position at Audiobus and Audanika. In the last months we’ve completely transitioned development of and support for the Audiobus apps and the forum to Michael.

I have enjoyed my time making music apps and I’d like to thank you all for the support over the years. You're a great bunch of people!

Although I haven’t decided what exactly I’m going to focus on next, I am looking forward to starting a new phase of my career.

You can reach me here: https://about.me/sdittmann

Cheers and happy holidays,

Sebastian

Comments

• Good luck with your future endeavours, thanks for applying your talents to the iOS music world

• You’ve changed the face of IOS music - thank YOU! And good luck.

• Hope new avenues open up for you or you enjoy the rest of your life Fishing instead ;) :)

• Here’s a song in your name :)

• Good luck, thx, and stay in touch!

• edited December 2017

I'm really, really sorry to see you go, Sebastian. You've been such an important figure in iOS music-making. I hope that whatever you decide to do next will be as professionally fulfilling as Audiobus, and as impactful upon other people. Best of luck, and I hope you still pop in here!

• @Sebastian good luck and best wishes. It’s been an incredible journey and similar to some other comments, you have changed so many lives in such a positive way :) :)

• You did great things, as a man of vision. May the road rise with you, sir.

• May the sun be at your back, the wind in your sails and the road rise up to meet you. Good luck :)

• edited December 2017

All the best for the next phase, you’ve certainly left a significant legacy for the mobile music making world.

Extra style points for a HHGTTG reference. :)

• Thank you Sebastian , have a happy Christmas and best of luck in the future

• It's always a difficult time when you leave something that you have been close to and passionate about. I hope you find something to do that is worthy of your dedication and knowledge...
    thanks for what you have done for us all here. Don't become a stranger and good luck

• Hey good luck with whatever you decide to do next Sebastian. Many moons ago when I bought my first iPad I remember thinking, 'OK so what am I actually going to do with this thing' Soon after, Audiobus1 came out, so I bought it long with Soundprism and another bunch of apps, and had that moment of realisation that 'THIS' is what I'm going to do with it! I have a lot to thank you for.

• edited December 2017

@AndyPlankton said:
    It's always a difficult time when you leave something that you have been close to and passionate about. I hope you find something to do that is worthy of your dedication and knowledge...

So true. I'm fairly certain I will. :)

@Oblique said:
    Hey good luck with whatever you decide to do next Sebastian. Many moons ago when I bought my first iPad I remember thinking, 'OK so what am I actually going to do with this thing' Soon after, Audiobus1 came out, so I bought it long with Soundprism and another bunch of apps, and had that moment of realisation that 'THIS' is what I'm going to do with it! I have a lot to thank you for.

Can you... you know... repeat that in a recommendation on LinkedIn or something? ;)

• Completely changed the way I make music...so thanks for that, and hope your new journey's are fruitful and fun.

• Wow. Did not see this coming. Good luck to you

• Sure thing!

@Sebastian said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    It's always a difficult time when you leave something that you have been close to and passionate about. I hope you find something to do that is worthy of your dedication and knowledge...

@Oblique said:
    Hey good luck with whatever you decide to do next Sebastian. Many moons ago when I bought my first iPad I remember thinking, 'OK so what am I actually going to do with this thing' Soon after, Audiobus1 came out, so I bought it long with Soundprism and another bunch of apps, and had that moment of realisation that 'THIS' is what I'm going to do with it! I have a lot to thank you for.

Can you... you know... repeat that in a recommendation on LinkedIn or something? ;)

• @Oblique said:
    Sure thing!

@Sebastian said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Oblique said:

<3

• And remember- all the grey hair we’ve caused you makes you look more distinguished ;)

• It’s the politics that drive him out ;)

• @anickt said:
    It’s the politics that drive him out ;)

Or the constant want want want.... ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    And remember- all the grey hair we’ve caused you makes you look more distinguished ;)

I wish.

• Godspeed and good luck.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    It's always a difficult time when you leave something that you have been close to and passionate about.

>

I found that a lot...until I met Mrs Zen. ;)

• alles Gute, Sebastian und vielen Dank

• Thank you for both leading the way with Audiobus and for making this forum the top spot for iOS music making. Greatly appreciated!

• Best of luck Sebastian, and thanks for all you've done for iOS music! :)

• Makes me wonder why some leave the iOS world as if it has served its purpose for them. Having said that, for some it is a transition to other things, and for others, they transition from other things to iOS..

I’m confused @Sebastian , I always thought that @Michael was the sole developer of audiobus and you were support and marketing? At least that was what one developer who knows you both well said..

Will audanika continue? With new apps coming out?

Anyway, best of luck whatever you decide to do mate

• edited December 2017

@Love3quency said:
    Makes me wonder why some leave the iOS world as if it has served its purpose for them.

I think in my case it's the other way around. I've served my purpose for the iOS mobile audio community, at least I hope.

I’m confused @Sebastian , I always thought that @Michael was the sole developer of audiobus and you were support and marketing? At least that was what one developer who knows you both well said..

That was the case with Audiobus 1 and 2, although I always had a role in the user experience design process. Audiobus Remote and Audiobus 3 were mainly developed by Gabriel Gatzsche, my co-founder at Audanika, with me doing more of the UI/UX design. Michael had a smaller role in their development as he was focusing on Loopy 3/Samplebot/Masterpiece.

Will audanika continue? With new apps coming out?

It will continue at least through next year, what happens after that is still to be determined. Not sure about new apps.

Anyway, best of luck whatever you decide to do mate

Thank you!