Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Am I doing it right? │ studio in the making - haQ vlog 123

Wanna know what It looks like when I vacuum my gear? Why am I smiling like a child on xmas eve? Watch a studio in the making, including quirky cleaning practices, amazing looking synth stands and boyish smiles!

haQattaQ

Comments

• If you want a nice low cost monitor situation without a perfect room try athm50x headphones and subpac m2 0hz to 20khz

• Www.subpac.com

• edited December 2017

@jakoB_haQ I replied to the vid but will duplicate here:

Good luck finding an SA-5 adapter, they look scarce. These guys hire out an SA-5, might be worth getting in touch (they may have a spare by some miracle?).

https://avxpert.co.uk/equipment-hire/audio/stanton-sa5-battle-mixer-hire/

Dang, why is that link text so big? :D

• Looks great, but needs more cowbell !

• encenc
    edited December 2017

Sureley content is the important thing !? I always find your vids entertaining .. with minimal waffle :)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    @jakoB_haQ I replied to the vid but will duplicate here:

Good luck finding an SA-5 adapter, they look scarce. These guys hire out an SA-5, might be worth getting in touch (they may have a spare by some miracle?).

https://avxpert.co.uk/equipment-hire/audio/stanton-sa5-battle-mixer-hire/

Dang, why is that link text so big? :D

Yeah i saw it and I'll send them en email!

I might end up having to DIY one myself. Inneslöt don't want to. I'm crap at building powersupplies. I always have this 50hz hum in my powersupplies. Not a problem with Midi, but with a mixer. :sweat_smile:

• @brambos said:
    Looks great, but needs more cowbell !

Aw...I don't even have one cowbell. But I have some egg shakers lying around somewhere. Maybe I could glue them into face on the eyes and when doing videos? :trollface:

• @enc said:
    Sureley content is the important thing !? I always find your vids entertaining .. with minimal waffle :)

Aw thank you!

The environment in where I am being creative has a huge impact on the content I create. So I have to keep improving what I do...if that makes sense? :sweat_smile:

• @MrSmileZ said:
    If you want a nice low cost monitor situation without a perfect room try athm50x headphones and subpac m2 0hz to 20khz

I've been using athm50's for 10 years!

I've looked at that subpack thing but I'd feel constrained waiting something like that. It took me years just to get used waiting a scarf. :lol:

• edited December 2017

@jakoB_haQ said:

I might end up having to DIY one myself. Inneslöt don't want to. I'm crap at building powersupplies. I always have this 50hz hum in my powersupplies. Not a problem with Midi, but with a mixer. :sweat_smile:

The SA-5 requires a 17V AC 1Amp "power supply", which is in fact nothing but a simple AC transformer.

Do you know how to handle mains power and soldering?
    The way I would do it:
    Buy a small >1Amp toroidal transformer with 18V output (They are more efficient and produce less heat, which is important if you plan to integrate it with the SA-5)
    Mount it inside the SA-5 and do some shielding around it, then properly mount an AC cable with plug using a mount-through-hole cord grip plus a little screw-in fuse holder with a 315milliAmp slow-blowing fuse.

I believe the SA-5 has a metal case, so you better use a 3-wire "grounded" power cable and make sure you safely and firmly connect the ground wire to the metal case, just in case any mains power cables get loose and accidentally connect to the case.

No more annoying external power supply.

• edited December 2017

I would put an 18V toroidal transformer inside the SA-5, put some shielding around it and give it a 3-wire mains power cable with earthing connected to the metal case.
    Ask an electrician if you don't have experience with that.

• @rs2000 said:
    I would put an 18V toroidal transformer inside the SA-5, put some shielding around it and give it a 3-wire mains power cable with earthing connected to the metal case.
    Ask an electrician if you don't have experience with that.

I have built powersupplies but I never feel safe doing it. So yeah I will ask an electrician about it. Thanks for the tip! :smiley:

• You’re one of the most well known mobile musicians. Why don’t you mobilize your videos and take your gear places. Probably half of the people who watch your vids don’t even know what Sweden (Svenska?) looks like. Might be hard with the new old mixer though.

• Would this one work if you get a UK>Swe adaptor? (It's 16A 1A AC-AC with the three pins connector, as far as I can tell it's the same specs as the power adaptor that Stanton lists as a replacement for the SA.5 )

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/actx-1216/uk-wall-transformer-16.8v-0-16.8v-1a/1.html

• It’s been awesome watching your universe expand from an iPad Mini, jakoB. The blurry screen thing is definitely a problem. Wish I could think of a good solution ... screen recording? Multicam? Forrest for the trees, right? Even when vacuuming your videos never suck.

• @brambos said:
    Looks great, but needs more cowbell !

Oh, yes!

According to Bruce Dickenson no studio is complete without an appropriate cowbell. See here:

• Looking forward to your vlog showing off your Star Wars figurine collection ;)

• @Ribbon said:
    Would this one work if you get a UK>Swe adaptor? (It's 16A 1A AC-AC with the three pins connector, as far as I can tell it's the same specs as the power adaptor that Stanton lists as a replacement for the SA.5 )

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/actx-1216/uk-wall-transformer-16.8v-0-16.8v-1a/1.html

OMG I'm going to order one!

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Ribbon said:
    Would this one work if you get a UK>Swe adaptor? (It's 16A 1A AC-AC with the three pins connector, as far as I can tell it's the same specs as the power adaptor that Stanton lists as a replacement for the SA.5 )

Oh nooo..... they won't ship to Sweden. Only to The States and Canada.....

I don't understand. This adapter is meant for use in UK and Britain...it clearly says so. But they won't even ship there??

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@Ribbon said:

I don't understand. This adapter is meant for use in UK and Britain...it clearly says so. But they won't even ship there??

That's silly. I might have a solution, PMing you about it.

• Thank you so much! :smiley:

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@Ribbon said:

I've had stuff shipped to Canada and forwarded on by a friendly soul (you've just got to trust in human nature sometimes).

Hope you're getting some good karma flowing back at you!